I am also having this issue. The only conclusion I have is something with the 64 bit client is not correctly optimized with my hardware. According to GeForce experience, I should be able to run this game at highest settings.
Here is an example of the issue.
NA Poor FPS (15-29 FPS)
JP Perfect FPS (140+ FPS)
My hardware specs:
- GeForce GTX 770 (updated driver)
- Intel Core i7-4770k CPU 3.50 Ghz
- 16 GB RAM
I noticed in JP version my GPU is being used 80-100% usage, however in NA my GPU usage is very low, 10-20%. My CPU usage is about the same for both versions. Additionally, I made sure my integrated GPU is not being used.
Steps I have attempted to resolve:
- Reinstalled game (3 times)
- Attempted to use lowest settings (although not needed, as GeForce says I can run on highest settings.)
- Used with PSO2 Tweaker, and used without.
- Made sure PSO2 was set to high performance in windows graphic settings.
- Used Nvidia Control panel to ensure that correct GPU was being used and set to high performance.
- Attempted to run in compatibility mode of older Windows versions (I was running out of ideas at this point)
- I have tested other 64 bit games, which use my GPU as expected.
- Contacted Nvidia Support who did some troubleshooting but ultimately said it was the game at fault.
- I opened up two tickets, #46810 - was replied with that they will send feedback, I did reply to this ticket but got no response.
- Opened a second ticket #47756 - was never replied to.
Hope more people comment on this so it can be fixed. It literally is the only reason I am not buying premium.