This is straight from Bumped.
Click Image to Watch
New Genesis is a massive overhaul to Phantasy Star Online 2's game system, graphics engine, and character creation system. The game will be reborn as an "open field" online RPG taking place 1000 years from PSO2's original story. Both PSO2 and PSO2: NGS will co-exist, allowing you to switch between both titles on the same account.
In PSO2: NGS, you'll gain new abilities to traverse the expansive terrain with Photon Glide and Photon Dash. The new enemy you'll face are known as DOLLS, but not much is known about them yet.
PSO2 NGS will have an updated graphics engine that allows you to create even more gorgeous characters than ever before. Characters will now have the ability to move their fingers, and you can even change the luster on the character's skin. You can place even more accessories and change their locations!
PSO2: NGS character creation system will be compatible with PSO2, allowing you to freely decide which version you want to use. PSO2's graphics engine will also be renewed, enabling you to use characters created from PSO2: NGS system into PSO2.
All character creation data, including items related to lobby actions and previously registered data will be compatible with PSO2: NGS!
Game System Changes
The following items obtained from PSO2 CANNOT be used in PSO2: NGS:
- Skill Rings
- Consumable Items used for grinding, growth, and battle.
- Boost Items
- Material Items
- Room Items
Plase be aware that the above information is subject to change in the future.
- Cash currencies such as Arks Cash and Star Gems can be used in both PSO2 and PSO2: NGS. However, in-game currencies such as Meseta and FUN, etc, will be held separately in each game since this can greatly affect the balancing of the economy.
- Character growth data will NOT be shared across each version.
- Character Levels
- Class Skills
- Photon Arts
Weapons, Units, and Mags
- Weapons, Units, and Mags obtained from PSO2 can also be used in PSO2: NGS. However, their functions, performance, and appearances will change within PSO2: NGS.
- While the designs of the weapon will remain the same, their stats, special abilities, and potentials will be different from PSO2.
- High rarity weapons will not be equippable until the character reaches a certain level.
- If a class that can use a weapon type is not available in PSO2:NGS, then that weapon can not be used until that class is released.
- In PSO2: NGS, units are protective armor that are invisible. Even units obtained from PSO2 will be invisible in PSO2: NGS.
- A unit's stats, special abilities, and potentials will be different from PSO2.
- High rarity units will not be equippable until the character reaches a certain level.
- Mags in PSO2: NGS will not affect your stats nor aid you in battle. However, their Evolution Device information will be shared from PSO2.
This is what we know so far. Pretty much its like a New Game +