- Guilty Break - Run quickly to your target and slash them a few times. Great for closing the gap at range.
- Sonic Arrow - Throws your sword at a target. Builds the bottom gauge very fast which allows for quicker charging of photon arts that need to have the button held down to maximize damage.
- Sacrificial Bite - First off, I recommend crafting the Zero variant of this photon art. Once you do that, use it on an enemy to drain their PP and restore a portion of it to you. Also grants a buff that increases the reach of your sword (some people say this also grants a damage buff but I don't seem to hit any harder with it). Makes your sword glow blue for 3 minutes, so you know exactly when to refresh it.
Bread And Butter Arts:
- Blaze Parry - Causes you to slash quickly at the target 5 times. If you press the button for it a second time during one of those slashes, it causes you to do extra slashes and more damage at the end.
- Cross Cut - Slash to the left, then the right, pause, and then slash over-head with a giant glowing version of your sword. This one is really good for clearing groups of small enemies in front of you.
- Nova Strike - Charge up to spin around and hit everything in your vicinity with your sword. My "bread and butter". Basically I use Guilty Break to close the distance with a group of enemies, then charge this puppy and spin-2-win.
- Rising Edge - Charge your sword to leap in the air, the longer you charge it the higher you jump and the more slashes you do. This art does an incredible amount of damage and combos very easily into Twister Drop, allowing you to make great use of skills that boost damage to perfect attacks and chaining different arts together.
- Twister Drop - Fall from the sky and slash your target several times as you perform several front flips. As I said, this pairs with Rising Edge wonderfully and the two of these together really brings out the synergy in a lot of Hunter skills. This one can also be crafted into a Zero variant to substantially increase damage at the cost of more PP used.
Useless/Not Worth the Effort:
- Ride Slash - Looks cool riding on your sword like a hover board, but doesn't hit hard and needs to be charged. Not on my bar at all.
- Merciless Throw - Impale an enemy on your sword and beat another enemy with them. I find this art hilarious as it reminds me of a scene from the movie Jason X where he's beating one virtual camper to death with another one. This one is also kind of weak and requires you to be practically standing on your target to impale them. At least it does area damage if you have a big group of enemies clumped up.
- Blade Bash - Smack a target with your sword and cause them to be stunned or drop their shields momentarily. This skill is seems useless as the damage is abysmal. Honestly feels like you're better off using another more powerful attack and just melting through tough defenses rather than trying to bypass them with this art.
This is my opinion, based on info I got from some Alliance mates I've made since I started about a month ago. If I'm wrong about anything, I'm willing to learn and accept criticism from anybody reading this.