So for the last week I have the "unexpected error occured" issue but with a simple "np0" error instead of "np1014" or "np1012".
I contacted GameGuard and they gave me a list of processes to close, but that just broke the files entirely. First my "pso2.exe" was broken and after fixing it through tweaker GameGuard wouldn't launch. As I can't seem to fix that (tweaker troubleshooting options don't work at this point), I'm now downloading the game again.
A little bit more context for my "np0" problem:
- it mostly happens when I play story quests
- game crashes within 30-60 minutes after I launch a story quest
- it doesn't matter if I continue to play the quest or abandon it and play something else, the game will crash
- in other activities crashes are very inconsistent, sometimes right after login and at other times it takes up to 4hrs to crash once
- so the "np0" error only happened in story quest before June 10th and happens outside of those more frequently since the patch is installed
- after a crash GameGuard wants to send ERL-files from my C-drive even though it is installed on my D-drive
- after a crash it seems like up to 4 instances of GameGuard are running, but as soon as I restart the game all except for 1 close themselves
Information about my system:
- I use the pso2 tweaker to run the game
- the game is installed on my D-drive, C is reserved for the OS and OS related programs only
- my D-drive is the standard install location for windows apps
- I'm part of the windows insider program and I'm in the fast ring (meaning I have an OS update every other week or so)
- current build is 19645 from June 5th
- Hardware should not be a problem, because the game worked flawlessly outside of story quests prior to the patch and I didn't update any drivers in the last two weeks
Possible solutions I tried so far without luck:
- I tried whitelisting the entire "pso2_bin" folder as well as uninstalling my antivirus program
- like I mentioned earlier I reduced the amount of processes running at the same time as much as possible (Gameguards solution) but it either didn't help at all or it broke the "pso2.exe"
- I run the game as an admin and gave my user full permissions to the windowsapps folder on my D-Drive
- lowering all ingame settings as much as possible
Does anybody have any ideas what else I can try?
I made several clean installs this week and it didn't fix it. At this point it is pretty annoying for the game to crash right before the end of a Luther fight or mining base defense and it becomes more frequent.