To update permissions and gain ownership of the WindowsApps folder on your PC:
- Navigate to the Program Files folder where WindowsApps folder is located
- Right-click WindowsApps
- Select properties and go to the Security tab
- Click advanced
- Near the top, where you see "Owner: " it might something like Trusted Installer. Click change next to that
- In select user window, in the text box below type "Users"
- Click Check Names to the right of the textbox
- Confirm remaining prompts - it may ask something about updating all sub-folder permissions too. Do this.
This should give you complete access to WindowsApps folder.