Will we ever see the two item consumable requirement go away?

@Milk

I mean. I want to make a character for each class instance to make them their own person. (atm i'm missing like 3-4.) But I don't think I could keep up with that many. Also I too enjoy the cast heads having more glowy versions of hair.

@Furious said in Will we ever see the two item consumable requirement go away?:

It being better isn't a good excuse for still being terrible.

It's common practice in MMOs tbh. Other games I played like FFXIV or BnS, the majority of the cashshop outfits are on per character basis and nontransferable between characters. To get it on all characters, you have to buy it for each character again and again. Kind of like games' company way of milking the people that can afford it without having to step into pay2win territory to generate revenue. Sure they can make it so it only cost 1 consumable rather than 2 for the whole account - but this is effectively cutting their profit by half on a game that is already more consumer friendly than others.

@Knight-Raime said in Will we ever see the two item consumable requirement go away?:

@Milk

I mean. I want to make a character for each class instance to make them their own person. (atm i'm missing like 3-4.) But I don't think I could keep up with that many. Also I too enjoy the cast heads having more glowy versions of hair.

I still have a good chunk of them under lvl15, can’t keep up either but love dressing them up. At least having to buy twice to replace my main means I have a lot of basewear and hair for them all. It would be so nice if we only had to buy once.

@HarmlessSyan

I agree with this, yes it’s kind of a bummer but at least we even have the option. Freaking B&S makes you buy stamps to mail it to your alts, you can’t get a duplicate of their Trove outfits and if you dye them you have to pay money to remove the dye you paid for in order to mail it to an alt. Tera doesn’t let you trade to an alt at all once you put it on your character then it’s soulbound, maybe there’s a cash shop option to unbind it? ffxiv you can’t trade cash shop outfits to an alt period, there’s no way around it, not even a cash shop unbind item.

We have it good. I’d like to only pay once but I don’t see this as so bad at all.

@HarmlessSyan

Can't speak for BnS, but FFXIV is understandable at least. Alts are much less of a thing in that game due to any real lack of a need for them. Most games, alts allow you to play other classes or farm more things. FFXIV is designed in such a way that there is no real benefit to having more than one character.

I suppose ultimately it's just cosmetics and doesn't really matter.

I actually personally refuse to give Sega a free pass on this issue. Yes they have made things "better" with the two ticket system and also by making the salon use SG instead of AC (500 AC salon sucked so much), but stuff like layering wear was literally designed to make more money because outfits didn't have much value since they could be traded/sold infinitely by players. They literally forced artificially scarcity to cause players to buy more AC scratch tickets when layering wear could have and should have been implemented exactly like cast parts.

Also players have quite literally spent 8 years asking for race and gender changes and it's taking an entirely new game engine to... wait for it... completely remove the concept of picking a single race/gender and just giving you the ability to customize 4-8 bodies (M/F NGS humanoid, M/F NGS cast + possibly the old type bodies as well) as you see fit.

So frankly it's just terrible design + corporate greed. I'm all for just unlocking all obtained cosmetics account wide on NGS launch though.

Not forgetting the whole nonsense with outfits being color locked too in their greed when the game already had a system to change outfit color, wasn't enough for them to turn 2/3 of a players outfit into a consumable ticket.

@TsundereMuse while I get the frustration, I can't begin to imagine how much inventory/storage space will be taken up if layering wear is like cast parts. One benefit of layering wear is that the basewear and innerwear do not take up inventory and I wouldn't mind if outerwear was like that too. Not sure why outerwear is still on old system, maybe to be able to get SG out of them.

You can start imagining it by playing a cast or both a male and female cast. It is not impossible to deal with but at the same time it is not like I already don't desire for their greed to actually extend into making a practically infinite outfit storage box like material storage, I would buy it.

Edit: You know considering their shift with how they made basewear and inners work for desirability I am surprised they haven't implemented a system where you end up consuming outers/costumes/parts to bind it it to your character/account. With the plus side being they no longer take space, downside is you would be unable to resell them.

@HarmlessSyan Storage would be a pain I admit, though as an alternative I'd even take being able to return stuff to ticket form.