Unable to Use Mission Pass Gold Ticket

I have my mission completed up to Tier 35 Overrun but I am unable to use my Mission Pass Gold Ticket to unlock all my Gold Rewards. I have 3 of them and have tried them on my 3 characters and I click use but it does nothing. I have been trying to use it for a week now, and the support area keeps logging me out any time to try to get in for filing a ticket.(Tried Chrome,IE,Firefox,and OperaGX)

I also have this issue as well, I just reached Tier 30 Over run and it won't let me use the Mission Pass Gold Ticket for this season. Whenever I try to use it, nothing happens and the ticket remains in my inventory as if nothing has happened. I also tried using it in the mission pass and it would give me a message saying, "An unexpected error occurred."

I'm having this same issue with the gold mission pass.

I also had the same problem with not being able to access the support.pso2.com website and eventually learned that it's because it'ss redirecting your browser back to pso2.com to ask you for an email address to use for support tickets, but pso2.com's code is buggy and "forgets" you in the process.

As a workaround go to the main page for pso2.com, log in, return to the main page for pso2.com, and at the top select "Support > Contact Us" from the dropdown. This brings you to a working page to input an email address for the support system (no redirects involved), after which support.pso2.com will stop redirecting you.

I found a work around, I refunded the Mission Gold Pass in the Swap shop. Then I went to the Mission Pass Details and redeemed the gold pass by claiming the rewards in the Gold Ticket section. A strange workaround but yeah...

@Gabtraf said in Unable to Use Mission Pass Gold Ticket:

I found a work around, I refunded the Mission Gold Pass in the Swap shop. Then I went to the Mission Pass Details and redeemed the gold pass by claiming the rewards in the Gold Ticket section. A strange workaround but yeah...

This worked for me. Doing it this way literally cuts the tickets out of the process of unlocking gold rewards, so the problem here is that the tickets are literally broken right now for some unknown reason.

That swap shop work around worked for me as well thank you for the information it was driving me crazy. Still having trouble with the site though since it keeps telling me (when I do get an error) that the user name is already in use(By me) and then signs out.

https://pso2.com/news/server-info/maintenancenotes1223

Gold Pass Tickets have been deliberately disabled because it was possible to use them without receiving rewards.

This workaround is intended way of activating gold pass, at least until the issue is fixed.