Luster's Global Debut?

Been hoping that we'd get this class before NGS hits next month for the Japanese version, but I got a gut feeling it may be on the global anniversary or after..

I would imagine we may see them show up in Feburary or March considering that we have yet to get Divide Quests and the Luster did not debut on the Japanese side of things until the story was already wrapped up.

@VanillaLucia Oh? Well, hopefully we get this before everyone rushes towards NGS and makes grinding difficult.

We're not getting NGS till "Spring" It's still winter awhile longer. So we're gusstimating Luster by later January early February and then NGS around April which keeps up their tradition of major content updates every couple of months. So hopefully we have at least a couple months with Luster before NGS hits but keep in mind despite the initial rush to NGS there won't be tons of content available at release. So we'll still be playing PSO2 plenty. For those like me at least I still have a ton of titles I've not gotten and quests I've not touched yet and don't forget SG is shared so gonna wanna do mission pass and any other SG grinding in PSO2 as well.

@ZarexWolf said in Luster's Global Debut?:

@VanillaLucia Oh? Well, hopefully we get this before everyone rushes towards NGS and makes grinding difficult.

Grinding on Global servers is gonna be a lot easier than Japan servers the way it is heading thanks to the triggers being added to the rising weapon badge shops and favourable conversion in 1 to 2 for badge 4 1 to 4 for badge 3 1 to 8 for badge 2 and 1 to 12 for badge 1 which will keep going up each time a new badge is released not to mention the festive events and shops that give even more.

@Vexation said in Luster's Global Debut?:

We're not getting NGS till "Spring" It's still winter awhile longer. So we're gusstimating Luster by later January early February and then NGS around April which keeps up their tradition of major content updates every couple of months. So hopefully we have at least a couple months with Luster before NGS hits but keep in mind despite the initial rush to NGS there won't be tons of content available at release. So we'll still be playing PSO2 plenty. For those like me at least I still have a ton of titles I've not gotten and quests I've not touched yet and don't forget SG is shared so gonna wanna do mission pass and any other SG grinding in PSO2 as well.

That is true, assuming NGS doesn't make it even easier to get SG (which is probably very unlikely to happen.)

@YagyuChan said in Luster's Global Debut?:

Grinding on Global servers is gonna be a lot easier than Japan servers the way it is heading thanks to the triggers being added to the rising weapon badge shops and favourable conversion in 1 to 2 for badge 4 1 to 4 for badge 3 1 to 8 for badge 2 and 1 to 12 for badge 1 which will keep going up each time a new badge is released not to mention the festive events and shops that give even more.

I do have a collection of triggers saved incase the grinding does slow down, I guess. Maybe even before NGS hits, we'd get more ways to get triggers possibly?

Iirc Luster doesn't have any story connections so they could theoretically release it whenever they feel like it but there is also the fact that there is barely any content left to release until we reach the end of EP6. If I'd take a guess I'd say we get 2-3 bigger updates at max with them keeping Luster for the final one.

Been hoping that we'd get this class before NGS hits next month for the Japanese version,

Unless I missed something, the Japanese client isn't getting NGS next month, they're getting a limited closed beta test, with the release launching sometime after that in Spring at the earliest, assuming the game is in a shippable state by then.

Honestly, with how little we've seen of NGS so far, and with the CBT starting in Febuary, I wouldn't expect NGS until May at the earliest, unless Sega wants to launch a product with limited testing, which never goes well.

As for us - we'll probably get Luster late this month, early next month with the release of Episode 6 Part 2, a closed beta test for the global version of NGS sometime in March or April, and assuming Sega continues to maintain that they want parity for the two versions (which would make sense, as it would make it infinately easier to update and maintain both games at once as a singular client ala FFXIV), a launch of NGS globally sometime in May.

It's a tall order though, honestly, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if NGS is pushed back until summer this year.

They accelerated Étoile to release alongside Phantom when it wasn't previously on the roadmap. I doubt they'd have done that if they were going to wait until March to give us Luster. So yeah my expectation is late January, maybe early February.

@Miraglyth said in Luster's Global Debut?:

They accelerated Étoile to release alongside Phantom when it wasn't previously on the roadmap. I doubt they'd have done that if they were going to wait until March to give us Luster. So yeah my expectation is late January, maybe early February.

please Please please Please make that be the case,I need my luster.

I'd say were likely to see luster in maybe 2 weeks, would be suprised if we got it next week but we are getting close to caught up with JP now, in terms of content. Levelling is a hell of a lot quicker now I already have Etoile, Phantom, Hero and Summoner at 95 and everything else 90+.

@Raiya said in Luster's Global Debut?:

I'd say were likely to see luster in maybe 2 weeks, would be suprised if we got it next week but we are getting close to caught up with JP now, in terms of content. Levelling is a hell of a lot quicker now I already have Etoile, Phantom, Hero and Summoner at 95 and everything else 90+.

I would say in 4 weeks since the team likes to do an ARKS hour stream before releasing new classes or significant content.

Get your Gunblade camos now while they’re dirt cheap, you know the second they announce it’s coming those prices will skyrocket. I have a pink parasol for mine ready to go, I’m going to fight like Peach in Smash Bros! 😁

@Milk said in Luster's Global Debut?:

Get your Gunblade camos now while they’re dirt cheap, you know the second they announce it’s coming those prices will skyrocket. I have a pink parasol for mine ready to go, I’m going to fight like Peach in Smash Bros! 😁

debating to swap to it or continue with Phantom tbh since I was playing in the JP servers a lot and for some reason found myself playing Phantom a ton over Luster. Not saying that Luster is bad just Idk if I will swap or not.

@YagyuChan

It looks really fun but difficult! I oddly can’t get into Phantom but my husband loves it and I love Etoile. Luster probably won’t replace Etoile for me but I like playing different classes. We’ll see.