Why are people such jerks in Level-Up Quests?

I've stopped joining beacons in level-up quests because I get drug into a new run before I can claim the daily gift at the end. Sometimes that is the only reason I've done the run.

Today I used multi block matchmaking to join one. By the time I loaded into the Gateship, the count down was going and completed before I could even jump down. By the time I loaded into the 1st area, it had been cleared and I burned all my PP to dash through that area, loaded the second area and they were already killing the last boss there, it dropped before I got halfway there. No XP for half the run, why bother, that's not much help leveling up. I abandoned the quest at that point, having burned booster time for nothing.

My point is, players are treating these quests like UQs that have a limit of 30 minutes to cram as many runs as possible rather than being accessible for 24 hours, replaced by a new one every day.

This is more time efficiency than anything. If I'm running just to grab the recommended box id just run it at the lowest difficulty lol

If I'm going for the box, I try to solo the run, I move fairly quick through most of the exp quests anyway when working on my sub-class and my main is maxed.

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Why are people such jerks in Level-Up Quests?:

I've stopped joining beacons in level-up quests because I get drug into a new run before I can claim the daily gift at the end. Sometimes that is the only reason I've done the run.

Today I used multi block matchmaking to join one. By the time I loaded into the Gateship, the count down was going and completed before I could even jump down. By the time I loaded into the 1st area, it had been cleared and I burned all my PP to dash through that area, loaded the second area and they were already killing the last boss there, it dropped before I got halfway there. No XP for half the run, why bother, that's not much help leveling up. I abandoned the quest at that point, having burned booster time for nothing.

My point is, players are treating these quests like UQs that have a limit of 30 minutes to cram as many runs as possible rather than being accessible for 24 hours, replaced by a new one every day.

Well, they're level up quests, made to be fast and level up fast.

You're going to the wrong place, kiddo.

At least you can do level-up quests. In the Japanese version, people would just leave level-up quests the moment a minute and a half passed with no people joining. (IE: The boss rushes.) Which is why I ended up just AFK'ing until either the castrum demonica quest or the quest point quests. Get two classes to 75, Then get Etoile and just solo the level-up boss rushes.

When it comes to about 80% of people running level up quests. If it's not a friend, or a team mate, then it's 10% party boost fodder and they likely won't care. So in short, do not trust a stranger.

The safest thing to do if you want a party for those quests is to just make your own via party marker so you'll have control over these things. Impatient people will leave and join another party if they feel you too slow which the good thing of that is, when they do, it won't pull you with them since you are party leader. And if something comes up that they need to do in the middle of it, you'll have no worries about ending up back at lobby without warning because they abandoned and took everyone else with them.

So... are they suppose to just sit and wait for you every single time they kill something?

They are doing what you are suppose to do.... kill something, move on to next.

Leveling quests are pretty much dead on JP since the release of ARKS missions at the beginning of EP6 and people running it are just after the daily box or powerleveling friends - keys are the main source of EXP, doing your dailies on all your characters and stockpiling keys to use them with boost items. Not to mention there's other sources of EXP like PSO2es that gives you 2 x 100k exp tickets just for logging in everyday and the exp share system between PSO2es and PSO2 (which ends up being an excube generating machine if you don't need the EXP) .

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Why are people such jerks in Level-Up Quests?:

Usually, not all level quests are created equal. So there is reason to cram, especially on PSO2 day. If you miss the box, you can always get it on the next run. If people start early (which I do find annoying), I don't even go in, I multi-block again. You can do the same.

The quest is super easy. So there is no reason to wait for a full 12 people and the people running is are spamming it for the exp to level fast. If you don't get in in time then join another block, if you really need the party bonus then run with friends, and if you are just after the box then run it at the lowest level and grab the box at the end before joining anyone else. People aren't being jerks people are using an EXP QUEST TO LEVEL.. which is it's intended purpose.

It only takes 30 extra seconds to see if your party members are collecting their RQ chest before starting the next one. You wanted them in your party for the extra XP, so the least you can do is wait a second.

It is a trade-off. Wait an extra 30 seconds if you just got a new party member or go with less triboost, isn't really that hard.

I do want the XP too. That's why I do my 'one and done' run at the max tier I can.

My choice to never join anyones party was, again, the correct one. Still some morons try to shame or guilt people into joining their party. They can't seriously think it would work, right? The triboost is the only reason most people party, and that means that you are just a number to increase their gains. Would be funny to see if anyone would use party beacons if the triboost got removed, but I'm sure we all know the answer to that.

When people are running the level up quests they're wanting to do them in very fast fashion. General rule of thumb when re-running quests several times is to move as fast as possible; check inventory after the quest is done and the next instance has started (as there's usually downtime before the next run starts).

Players are trying to finish these ASAP as it's more efficient. Also, some of the EXP Recommended Quests are better than others. I personally don't run them unless 1. I need lots of EXP fast 2. it's the optimal quest that offers the most EXP in a short period of time.

People aren't being jerks because they wanna speed run and level up fast. If you're not going into these quests for the EXP, it may be best to express this early on. If you get no response or not wanted behavior from the party, go into these quests solo so that gives you time to pick up the box.

@Blues22475 said in Why are people such jerks in Level-Up Quests?:

General rule of thumb when re-running quests several times is to move as fast as possible; check inventory after the quest is done and the next instance has started (as there's usually downtime before the next run starts).

Yes, this is basically the etiquette of running these as optimally as possible.