I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade

@Miraglyth said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

@Lwyu said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

I'm just clearly stating a good majority of the JP community think were being spoiled way too much.

On the contrary the sentence could be read two different ways, which is why I needed to respond to one of the possibilities.

Specifically, way one:

(honestly) (JP has been upset that we got so much more.)

This interpretation (which I suspect is the one you meant) claims that (some? most?) JP players believe Global players get more (something?), and speaks only of the belief without commenting on whether or not it is justified.

Way two:

(honestly JP has been upset) (that we got so much more.)

This interpretation (which I suspect is the one you didn't mean, which would make it a misreading as I previously noted) would claim that we get more than JP though it were fact, and use that to assert that JP players' upset is understandable. (Really this "fact" would be highly disputable.)

You've since clarified in your newest post, so I'll just move on to that.

@Lwyu said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

Id prove why but at the same time I dont really want to? Considering it is definitely something I dont want to flare up or be involved in.

Wait, it was way two? Seriously? I cannot fathom how you'd come to think this, as none of the "free shit" matters like all the stuff we have worse than JP. But I do agree with you that discussing this would be taking things a little too far off-topic.

You know usually, I'd sit down get some of my tea, my glasses and type out why, how, etc. to you. I mean this with no offense, but youre definitely nitpicking wayyyyyy too deep into something thats not that serious, I'm not sure why its always my post I'm not sure I remember you if youve got some hostility towards me but you should relax. Another no offense moment but I stopped reading thoroughly after the first sentence and glossed over what you said instead. I'm gonna explain in the simplest of ways so that its literally impossible to either misunderstand, find offensive, etc.

JP players have been salty about the way we have progressed, why? I have no idea one of the biggest JP servers I'm in on discord had a whole night of just angry people.

I could care less because Im on neither side considering I just enjoy the game and the progression seems fine and fair to me.

I, in no way, am saying that JP players are wrong, dumb, lying. I, in no way, am saying that we lack more than JP

I am saying, JP players were mad because they seem to think we have easier progression than they do, this was an observation in real time, and I am still baffled as to the reason

My entire post if it wasnt thoroughly investigated or invalidated, simply means "Hey I wouldnt say we have less than JP, theyre complaining that we have it easy". An observation. **For the love of god, as much as you want to misprove, prove or whatever it is, this post means 0 harm, and honestly this is as simple as I can make it.

An add on, I did understand you were eventually getting what I was saying but relax man, seriously Ive never seen anyone explain the interpretation of something that shouldnt even need it that badly considering at the end of the day it was an observation over an actual fact. Again I enjoy our talks this is so you dont misinterpret my post above as judging you severely. Its just a clarification.

@Lwyu In regards to the global progression being easier, the main sort of thing I could point at is Episodes 1-3 for Global having had Episode 6 balancing (our classes were already tuned for Episode 6-levels of performance but we lacked the Level 85 skills and the equipment for that). This also was trivialized by the presence of New-Type weapons being the primary form of equipment which naturally meant that compared to what Japanese players had years and years ago we were already beyond power-creeped for Episodes 1-3 and this doesn't even bring in the fact that the Summoner existed (and trivialized content) as well as the inclusion of Nemesis-NT/Raven-NT.

When we would get to Episode 4 we got the Episode 6-version of the Phaleg fight to which many players (especially elsewhere) complained about being too difficult because she wasn't correctly "tuned" for global players. But this is something I disagree with because the main change made to her fight was that she gives an aerial penalty to players because she was a boss fight for a time when mobility rings were optional (step-jump dashing, aerial recovery after being knocked down, first-hit Just Attack bonuses) and before double jumping became a natural function for every class. She was too easy to trivialize with the right setup and all that changed was that she was given a larger health pool and an aerial-punishing attack for players who try to cheat their way through the fight in the air (the Talis-Hero especially made this fight a joke alongside the Ranger). As a result global players got the Episode 6 version of the fight and right away players still won (proving that this game was more driven on skill/persistence rather than pure equipment).

When we got to Episode 5 players were given very quick shortcuts to Atlas EX. On day one you really could have gotten your way up to making Lumiere and Atlas weapons (I know I did) because the Collection Folder and Rising Badges exchange gave everything you needed and spelled out all the things you needed for the fifteen star weapons. This turned what was a random-ish grind that could take minutes, to hours, to days, to months of farming into mere minutes if you knew where to look so Atlas EX wasn't very hard to make - and then Sega gave out free Atlas EX weapons to players anyways. This doesn't even go into classes like the Hero who don't have level cap trials at all like the Japanese version as all the Successor classes still have Level Cap Trials that must be cleared in order to continue leveling up.

In Episode 6 I know I was among those mentioning that Ultra Hard is relatively difficult compared to Extra Hard and that most players will likely not be ready for it at first because on the Japanese side it was definitely a difficulty that wiped whole parties of players. But on our end we ended up getting all sorts of hand-outs from new Collection Folders, some potential end-game weapons for certain classes, and ending up with equipment far beyond what the Japanese version had at the time of Episode 6 being released. In that sense, Global players do have it easy because they never had to experience the grinds or the "ceilings" the Japanese version had. But this is not something I am particularly salty about because it makes the game much more approachable for more players (and for my friends who do casually play the game).

Many things in the global version were streamlined and cleaned up (such as the almost-complete lack of Old-Type weapons and exchanges regarding those) and some of the characters/vendors were moved around and omitted to keep the shops and areas tidy and consistent. But while we do lack a lot of the content and the "world" the Japanese version has the global version is what I would consider to be the much more streamlined version of the game that cut away the fluff and tries to stand on its own without any external support. There are pros and cons to this because I personally like the extended world (PSO2es, Phantasy Star Nova, and IDOLA Phantasy Star Saga being involved in the world as well as the still on-going crossovers and references to other games, franchises, and media) and the general "culture" that Phantasy Star Online 2 has in Japan. What we have is a highly condensed and more easily digestible version of the game even if it isn't the full picture but I am hoping we will be able to see more.

In regards to the Premium features (to get back to the topic) I really would be curious and hopeful that Sega has something in mind for compensating the lack of trading but it is arguably a feature I have never touched because I never had premium (and therefore no use for it). I do not know if this counts access to Alliance Storage or if it stops players from sending presents to each other because if you are still able to send presents I don't see why that is used instead of the trading or why Alliance Storage wouldn't be used if it was still accessible between two people with Premium. I would absolutely love if there was a way to give presents without having Premium but until I know otherwise I really do feel that trading is unfortunately among the more exploitable features for the likes of real-money-transactions. I am curious to see what Sega's solution is to this particular issue.

My entire post [snip] means "Hey I wouldnt say we have less than JP, theyre complaining that we have it easy".

Then it was way one! Cool. In which case my initial expectation was correct and my first reply was a mere covering of the possible misreading of your sentence I previously explained. Ultimately we're on the same page here, so all is well.

Rather than what the premium feature is, hasn't trading also been disabled for much longer than any previous disabled premium feature? Perhaps the length of time of the disabling might also play a part in leading to a bigger compensation this time around.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

@Ashe-Kinsilla why? It is the only platform that game is available on that publically makes metrics available. Microsoft doesn't disclose this information anymore and SEGA doesn't disclose anything other than how many bots they ban.

Only in-game reference we have is the blacklist, which only allows a guestimation of the number of players in a single block at any given time.

go ahead and post 5 more anime mmos like this game.

EDIT:

I didn't make myself clear. What does the steam chart have to do with people wanting more than triboosts for trading being down?

@Miraglyth said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

My entire post [snip] means "Hey I wouldnt say we have less than JP, theyre complaining that we have it easy".

Then it was way one! Cool. In which case my initial expectation was correct and my first reply was a mere covering of the possible misreading of your sentence I previously explained. Ultimately we're on the same page here, so all is well.

Rather than what the premium feature is, hasn't trading also been disabled for much longer than any previous disabled premium feature? Perhaps the length of time of the disabling might also play a part in leading to a bigger compensation this time around.

I hope so, running around using different ways to trade is annoying at this rate, the simplicity is definitely missed.

I'm just clearly stating a good majority of the JP community think were being spoiled way too much.

On the contrary the sentence could be read two different ways, which is why I needed to respond to one of the possibilities.

Specifically, way one:

This interpretation (which I suspect is the one you meant) claims that (some? most?) JP players believe Global players get more (something?), and speaks only of the belief without commenting on whether or not it is justified.

Way two:

This interpretation (which I suspect is the one you didn't mean, which would make it a misreading as I previously noted) would claim that we get more than JP though it were fact, and use that to assert that JP players' upset is understandable. (Really this "fact" would be highly disputable.)

Id prove why but at the same time I dont really want to? Considering it is definitely something I dont want to flare up or be involved in.

Wait, it was way two? Seriously? I cannot fathom how you'd come to think this, as none of the "free shit" matters like all the stuff we have worse than JP. But I do agree with you that discussing this would be taking things a little too far off-topic.

You know usually, I'd sit down get some of my tea, my glasses and type out why, how, etc. to you. I mean this with no offense, but youre definitely nitpicking wayyyyyy too deep into something thats not that serious, I'm not sure why its always my post I'm not sure I remember you if youve got some hostility towards me but you should relax. Another no offense moment but I stopped reading thoroughly after the first sentence and glossed over what you said instead. I'm gonna explain in the simplest of ways so that its literally impossible to either misunderstand, find offensive, etc.

JP players have been salty about the way we have progressed, why? I have no idea one of the biggest JP servers I'm in on discord had a whole night of just angry people.

I could care less because Im on neither side considering I just enjoy the game and the progression seems fine and fair to me.

I, in no way, am saying that JP players are wrong, dumb, lying. I, in no way, am saying that we lack more than JP

I am saying, JP players were mad because they seem to think we have easier progression than they do, this was an observation in real time, and I am still baffled as to the reason

My entire post if it wasnt thoroughly investigated or invalidated, simply means "Hey I wouldnt say we have less than JP, theyre complaining that we have it easy". An observation. **For the love of god, as much as you want to misprove, prove or whatever it is, this post means 0 harm, and honestly this is as simple as I can make it.

I am a player from the JP servers and I am not mad that Global is progressing faster since I understand they need to in order to meet the set out roadmap SEGA has to get the server to parity with Japan. Different server, Different rules

@YagyuChan said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

Specifically, way one:

Way two:

I am a player from the JP servers and I am not mad that Global is progressing faster since I understand they need to in order to meet the set out roadmap SEGA has to get the server to parity with Japan. Different server, Different rules

Thats you, not the entire player base of jp.

Perhaps we'd like to start another topic about this?

Perhaps we'd like to start another topic about this?

You’re the best at gathering facts and presenting them in a civil and respectable way so I think your thread would be taken more seriously. Starting a complaint with a scream-rant was a very awful decision on this thread.

Agreed. Not that I have much else to say. /thread

@BloodyKyona said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

'm not here to be nice. I'm not here to be polite. I'm here because I'm enraged by this game RIPPING ME OFF.

So you're here to be a Karen. Okay bye.

Hi all. Apologies that I haven't been in here as often, due to the holidays. I have seen this thread now, and will bring it up to the rest of the PSO2 Team. Thank you for sharing your concerns on this matter.

@GM-Deynger said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

Hi all. Apologies that I haven't been in here as often, due to the holidays. I have seen this thread now, and will bring it up to the rest of the PSO2 Team. Thank you for sharing your concerns on this matter.

I actually had some compensation ideas but haven’t had time to make a post about it, could you possibly bring this up, too?

I think the triboost compensation isn’t enough for loss of premium use but perhaps things like a discount on your next premium, or a partial refund like 200AC, heck maybe just SG? Nothing major but something that makes premium customers happy. We get triboosts for literally everything, it’s not enough for loss of a $15/mo membership perk.

Thank you

@GM-Deynger said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

I'd like you to bring up the premium pack thread too, as a few people have been mentioned they'd buy if there was a return of such thing.