I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade

I can't remember the last time i actually traded with premium outside some eggs for a friend back when we were both leveling SU. it's probably the most useless feature of premium and easily ignored, but considering i saw the OP make the same similar whine thread on steam forums (now banned for trolling, which is why they are crying here now) i can't very well take this thread seriously, The trade system was halted due to RMT mostly abusing it, which is quite suspicious that you make THIS big a deal out of this trivial feature unless you were vastly depending on trading for "some strange reason"

None of the items that matter in this game can even be traded unless you're trading AC items (Or meseta.....) often.

But no, we don't need compensation, when people just get passed it by using the shop, which is also what the RMT are doing to give the idiots who buy meseta business.

Which let me HOPE sega is watching, because those overpriced NPC bought items going for millions should be very obvious.

@Astral-Lettie said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

I can't remember the last time i actually traded with premium outside some eggs for a friend back when we were both leveling SU. it's probably the most useless feature of premium and easily ignored, but considering i saw the OP make the same similar whine thread on steam forums (now banned for trolling, which is why they are crying here now) i can't very well take this thread seriously, The trade system was halted due to RMT mostly abusing it, which is quite suspicious that you make THIS big a deal out of this trivial feature unless you were vastly depending on trading for "some strange reason"

None of the items that matter in this game can even be traded unless you're trading AC items (Or meseta.....) often.

But no, we don't need compensation, when people just get passed it by using the shop, which is also what the RMT are doing to give the idiots who buy meseta business.

Which let me HOPE sega is watching, because those overpriced NPC bought items going for millions should be very obvious.

So because you don’t use it, it doesn’t matter to anyone else. Trading is the only feature I pay Premium for, you saying it’s “trivial” is like anyone else saying anything you pay for and use is trivial, too. You act like anyone angry they’re throwing away money for a feature they can’t use must want it for illegal activity. I trade with my husband, that’s all I wanted to do. The bots haven’t gone away, this wasn’t a fair trade off in the least. It doesn’t matter if OP made similar posts on Steam, the complaint is valid!

@Milk You may want to understand how opinions work before you froth at the mouth over one. Because yes, because I don't use it, that speaks for everyone ever.

But no, the complaint is not valid because both of you are actually in the minority. considering how fast they fixed the shop when it was not up which is an actual important feature of premium, vs trading which has been down going on for weeks now, Clearly not a lot of people making too big a deal about it.

Just because YOU think it's valid doesn't mean that matters to everyone (see how that works both ways?) i'm sure the people using RMT also think it's valid.

Also, trading being the "only" thing you use it for is very odd, considering that is like going to thanksgiving dinner and you eat only the small biscuit roll.

@Astral-Lettie said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

Just because YOU think it's valid doesn't mean that matters to everyone (see how that works both ways?) i'm sure the people using RMT also think it's valid.

Doesn't matter. It's still a feature that is pay walled, but is now down. It should be compensated. It doesn't make the issue invalid.

Also, trading being the "only" thing you use it for is very odd

Stop with this. If a person only wants trading, let them.

@Ranmaru Lots of issues with people reading here it seems. I guess when you just want to rage you're blind to anything else.

The very notion OP is thinking they are being 'ripped off" for a minor feature is what got me. i don't care how you use your premium for it's least attractive feature, but demanding compensation when we didn't even get that when the shops were down is a bit laughable. tri boost is actually lucky to get, everything else they are demanding is completely absurd and just won't happen.

I don't care for angry replies on this thinking it's valid. I know this is just a rant thread, My entire point is: what you want isn't going to happen. You'll just have to wait till they finish with whatever they are doing and take your tri boost.

@Ranmaru Lots of issues with people reading here it seems. I guess when you just want to rage you're blind to anything else.

The very notion Op is thinking they are being 'ripped off" for a minor feature is what got me. i don't care how your use your premium for it's least attractive feature, but demanding compensation when we didn't even get that when the shops were down is a bit laughable.

I'm not raging at you, promise. It's hard to misread you when we are quoting you directly. I don't think someone shouldn't ask for compensation even after the shop situation. Like I said, trading being down doesn't affect me, but there are others that enjoy it more. Even if it's minor to you, it's major to others. Even if OP's post rubs you off, you have to admit that eventually they should compensate it to the degree that we deserve, even if they won't. Again, fair is fair.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

@Ranmaru problem with that analogy is that it doesn't really work with premium due to the nature of it being a bundled service only.

Since their concern is RMT, they definitely won't give trading to everyone for free for x period of time and a single 100-150% normal triboost isn't equivalent to the 4+ weeks of not being able to trade with your significant others/friends.

That right there is the issue. I do think the easiest solution would be to just make a 'trading ticket' for the premium users affected. Of course, I believe that's how any premium feature being down should be handled, in a vacuum. So I still think the analogy works. (The bundle being the entire meal combo) It's just Sega doesn't think of it that way.

I don't care for angry replies on this thinking it's valid. I know this is just a rant thread, My entire point is: what you want isn't going to happen. You'll just have to wait till they finish with whatever they are doing and take your tri boost.

I'm pretty sure any reply to you isn't actually angry. So stop trying to frame it that way with viewpoints you disagree with. Yet, you may have a point. They may not, but it doesn't mean a person shouldn't speak out.

@HarmlessSyan said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

Even though I don't wish global content making it's way to JP (like mission pass and Independence Day/Thanksgiving outfits), I accepted that global is going to be around - it ain't going anywhere until we see how NGS performs.

I appreciate you expanding on this as I was genuinely curious about your reasons and can empathize with this POV. Though I'm not sure if the assumption that the mission pass wouldn't have come to JP eventually without the global release is correct given how popular that model has become for F2P games in recent years (e.g. the other 2 games I play, Hearthstone and Destiny, have both implemented a seasonal pass after years without it). It could be the case that they wanted to move in that direction and used global as a testing bed of sorts, as well as a convenient excuse for pushing it on JP players later (i.e. it may have harder to rationalize instituting this before NGS without the global launch).

Either way, I can understand this frustration as well as the annoyance of getting Americana forced on you. It'd be interesting to see the counterfactual where global had exclusive cosmetics/the Turkey UQ and whether there'd be more frustrations with that decision.

My guess is that this may be an example of the "minority rule" that Nassim Taleb has written about which is also a response to others in this thread arguing that because a preference isn't widely held it shouldn't/doesn't affect decision making. It certainly can if the costs of catering to the minority are low and the majority is more flexible on the issue than the minority.

As for the topic at hand, I don't use trading but agree that asking for some form of compensation is within reason. I learned from this thread that trading is a very important feature for some players, but also agree with others that receiving a month of extended Premium time seems unrealistic/a bit too much of an ask. One takeaway I got was that maybe SEGA should explore unbundling Premium features in NGS to allow for more flexibility in purchasing/compensation (charging more AC for individual features than what they'd add up to in the bundle option). As for the present dilemma, the best compromise I can think of would be to distribute an account-bound furniture item that allows two players to interact with it for trading and then disable/expire the item one month after its first use.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

There's nothing wrong with being frustrated with a service that isn't providing everything they advertised, accountability is extremely important. Those of you who are OK with dismissing that accountability are inevitably the cause of the degredation of customer service over the last decade.

Fully agreed here.

@Lwyu said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

I was calling out the people thinking they get less than JP when honestly JP has been upset that we got so much more.

I don't wish to get into an argument with either you or JP players about this, but "honestly JP has been upset that we got so much more" could be misread as a statement of fact.

Clearly we do not have more than JP.

From 2012 to March/May 2019 JP had one thing Global didn't and that was the entire game. Since then, the occasional helping hand during our content rush does not really make up for the content rush in the first place. Are JP players upset that our christmas event gave Rising Weapons Badge 5? They might need some perspective. JP has more permanent buffs from OTP, PSO2es and IDOLA, is free of Fresh Finds draining SG (and killing outfit colour variants), and they had years of extra content we'll probably never see and SG accumulation to either save for NGS or pay for SG scratch sets that weren't hyper-condensed to the point of being unaffordable as they are on Global.

TLDR: Rising Weapons Badge 5 won't matter a jot to NGS, but cosmetics and SG-based content will. JP have had it way better than Global on that front.

@Rang-Dipkin said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

I don't use trading but agree that asking for some form of compensation is within reason. I learned from this thread that trading is a very important feature for some players, but also agree with others that receiving a month of extended Premium time seems unrealistic/a bit too much of an ask.

Reading the topic through, this is my main takeaway. It's also interesting to see the manual still lists trading as a premium bonus on both the AC and trading pages, as well as the game itself where it not only made the cut as a listed benefit in the limited item description space but is the first thing on the list.

5886d00f-1706-4b33-875c-8e16ab410bb6-image.png

So I do think they have been in danger of selling a service that does not work as advertised for a while. Clearly the website notice hoped this would be more temporary than it has ended up being so far, but since they haven't changed these since it looks like it is still hoped to be temporary and thus hopefully will come back eventually as I expect the permanent loss of trading on Global would be a bigger blow than inadequate compensation for a missing feature that was eventually restored.

@Milk You may want to understand how opinions work before you froth at the mouth over one. Because yes, because I don't use it, that speaks for everyone ever.

But no, the complaint is not valid because both of you are actually in the minority. considering how fast they fixed the shop when it was not up which is an actual important feature of premium, vs trading which has been down going on for weeks now, Clearly not a lot of people making too big a deal about it.

Also, trading being the "only" thing you use it for is very odd, considering that is like going to thanksgiving dinner and you eat only the small biscuit roll.

I’m not “frothing at the mouth”, your opinion is selfish and I’m telling you that’s what it sounds like. “I got mine so screw everyone else” mindset is terrible, just because you barely used it doesn’t make it trivial. The personal shops being down all the time deserved better compensation, too. We paid money for a feature we couldn’t use. I didn’t care for myself the first time because I was barely playing and barely used the shops but I still felt for the people here on the forums complaining about it because they were right, it wasn’t fair.

It’s valid because several people here are complaining about it, it’s not OP and it’s not me yelling into a void.

What’s “odd” to me is why you’re abrasive to anyone who cares about it. There are people here that only use Premium for the shops or for triboosts but I’m the weird one for only using one feature, ok.

@Milk Wrong. You also did what we call cherry-picking there.

You're allowed to think what you want, no one is stopping you, "several people agree with me, so it's valid" doesn't work either.

This convo is over.

In the end, since trading is the least important part of the premium (to most), don't expect them to fix it asap. maybe looking at another week, unless they are working on catching the shop RMT abusers.

Late Edit: Since the following responses after this post had serious issues with the definition yes, this is called an Opinion, regardless of your personal feelings of how strong you disagreed with it, that is what it is, these people will have to learn how to cope that not everyone will agree with them and to not attack/start arguments with them over it, as milk and a few others sadly have yet to learn this lesson.

@Astral-Lettie

It was split down the middle, I told you it wasn’t just OP or me. How can you say something is trivial when it’s 50/50? It’s only trivial because it doesn’t matter to you.

I didn’t care that you had a differing opinion, I cared about the way you wrote it.

@Astral-Lettie if you are going to pass your opinion off as factual, I would like to see evidence that isn't based on speculation regarding that trading isn't an important feature to most.

The forums aren't much to go by, I posted a screenshot earlier that shows 5.6K averaged Steam players, which doesn't include MS platforms, and there are maybe 50 active for users on a regular basis?

You are preaching about opinions, so you should recognize that your conjecture is also an opinion.

Deleting, since my previous post explained the issue they had.