I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade

For anyone defending sega here think of it in another way, imagine going to a fast food place and ordering a combo, you pay for it, you get to the window and you're missing fries. They tell you "sorry, our fryer is down" and just walk away. No refunds, no substitution, nothing. You wouldn't be okay with that would you?

@timmylaw no one is saying SEGA shouldnt compensate and they typically do, but

@BloodyKyona said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

I just want the Premium time back, day for day, for the time lost between player trading going down and now.

It's like you wanting a second combo meal free of charge while keeping your first one that you are eating already. If you are missing the fries, you get compensated for the fries, not the whole meal. Much like many fast food restaurants around me were missing lettuce due to California wildfires for several months - they aren't going to cut the price or magically make lettuce appear, if you don't like it - you take your money somewhere else.

https://pso2.com/terms-and-conditions

TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE PRODUCT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. EXCEPT IN RELATION TO THE LIMITED GUARANTEE OFFERED BY SEGA IN SECTION 15 OF THIS AGREEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND SEGA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (A) THE PRODUCT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE PRODUCT WILL BE INTEROPERABLE OR COMPATABILE WITH OTHER SOFTWARE, OR (D) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY SEGA OR ITS AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVE(S) SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH SEGA IS TO STOP USING THE PRODUCT.

It sounds nasty but it is typical TOS of many games.

If we’re using fastfood as an example, any place that sells food would typically give you a voucher for more than you lost. Heck, in the restaurant business(former cook here)if their fryer was down you would get your dinner waived and a manager would offer you a voucher for another day as a “second chance” to enjoy their restaurant. It’s not too far out there to expect if something you paid for isn’t being provided that companies will make it right.

I don’t think asking for additional time on the Premium for those missing days is asking for too much. Heck come up with some temporary trading pass thing that isn’t full blown Premium, I don’t care. But it’s the one thing I paid to have.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

@Lwyu disabling a paid feature to combat bots is pretty silly. It is evidence that they don't know what to do, so they are just disabling it until someone can big brain it.

Crazy that so many people think the burden of work-arounds should be put on the consumer. There's nothing wrong with being frustrated with a service that isn't providing everything they advertised, accountability is extremely important. Those of you who are OK with dismissing that accountability are inevitably the cause of the degredation of customer service over the last decade.

Nope!

@HarmlessSyan said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

If you are missing the fries, you get compensated for the fries, not the whole meal.

I agree with this analogy. We need only be compensated for the fries, fair is fair. No need for us to push for more than we deserve.

@Ranmaru problem with that analogy is that it doesn't really work with premium due to the nature of it being a bundled service only.

Since their concern is RMT, they definitely won't give trading to everyone for free for x period of time and a single 100-150% normal triboost isn't equivalent to the 4+ weeks of not being able to trade with your significant others/friends.

An important thing to remember is that a lot of people try out new games with friends and if their primary purpose for premium was making it easier for them to play together, this minor inconvenience to "solo" players is a tremendous set-back. There was already a lot of fuss before PC launch about trading being paywalled and now it is missing altogether with no explanation/timeframe/transparency about what is going to happen with it.

I can't believe the cultlike apologists in here. Get a grip.

You're downplaying how important of a feature this is for some people just because you don't use it. Some people have paid for premium primarily for the access to trading. You're talking as if we're being greedy for asking for compensation like we had any choice in the matter. If sega had given me the option for a refund the second trading went down I would have cancelled premium and taken the refund. I didn't want to play for a whole month with broken premium features, I was forced to because I had already purchase the subscription prior to the feature going down. I didn't have the option to pause premium while they fixed the only feature I cared about or I would have. I'm not double dipping, I'm just asking for what I paid for. If they credited just trading, not premium as a whole that would be fine. I didn't pay for SG or 100% triboosts, I paid for the ability to trade.

If the shop was down for 3 weeks and they issued you some triboosts and gold Tokyo keys instead of 3 weeks worth of shop passes would you be okay with that?

"if you don't like it - you take your money somewhere else."

And that's exactly what people are doing. The nasty community and poor dev response to issues like this are killing the player base. Keep encouraging people with valid complaints to leave and you'll find yourself playing a dead game.

@CarlWinslow2000 said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

"if you don't like it - you take your money somewhere else."

And that's exactly what people are doing. The nasty community and poor dev response to issues like this are killing the player base. Keep encouraging people with valid complaints to leave and you'll find yourself playing a dead game.

And I live by it. I had every intention of leaving JP for NA servers and stopped playing JP last January. But after playing NA for 2 months after PC release, seeing the predatory FFS and lack of QoL features from mobile games plus a myriad of other issues (game nuking itself etc), I moved back to JP. I didn't like it, so I left.

If disabling trading because people can't stop buying meseta is going to kill the game - then so be it. But as much as I wish the global servers to not exist at this point, the player count has since stabilized since hitting EP6 and stopped bleeding players every month. It ain't going anywhere until NGS either floats or sinks.

They should give me an extra day of premium every time the game goes down for maintenance. I cannot use the feature and it is only fair I get something out of it. Also premium needs to be 30 days of IN GAME TIME. Why is it okay for them to charge me while i'm not in game. This is robbery!

Being a little more serious, just deal with it. Welcome to online games. Stuff happens. When your premium runs out, just don't buy it again if this is having such a negative impact on you.

@Ashe-Kinsilla I know you're being sarcastic but on JP we do get reimbursed premium time for maints, since it's completely down rather than partial. Not sure how it works on global.

@HarmlessSyan said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

@Ashe-Kinsilla I know you're being sarcastic but on JP we do get reimbursed premium time for maints, since it's completely down rather than partial. Not sure how it works on global.

It works the exact same on Global too.

Thats pretty cool tbh. I do wonder now if its the same as global.

EDIT:

@YagyuChan I did not know. Dang thats very generous of them.

@HarmlessSyan Screenshot_20210104-185012_Chrome.jpg

Blaming the majority of the players for the very minority of individuals who may purchase meseta is ridiculously laughable. Then again, you said you wish Global didn't exist at all, so I am not sure why anyone should consider your input as credible.

@John-Paul-RAGE not really my concern whether you find me credible or not, I'm just another name on the internet speaking my mind. Much like you shitting on other people's thread like the cut content/censorship thread - you have your stances and I have mine. I don't believe I have resorted to ad hominem attacks unlike you calling people cultists and now questioning people's credibility. Why don't you stick to the topic and not resort to personal attacks.

I'm not getting what you are showing with the steam chart there, to me it just showed what I said, the player count has stabilized since EP6 release - no longer bleeding players month to month. Even though I don't wish global content making it's way to JP (like mission pass and Independence Day/Thanksgiving outfits), I accepted that global is going to be around - it ain't going anywhere until we see how NGS performs.

@HarmlessSyan cultist is the best way to describe it. It is pretty the same of tribalism, except rather than revering the community, people revere the developer/publishers and never see them at fault for anything. (Other than ironically saying that All The Content is a lie if lolita bath scenes are excluded, but withholding an advertised paid feature is ok)

We can be fans of something without giving them a free pass to do whatever they want and inevitably lead to the failure of the frachise in specific regions of the world. I can see the narrative already. "This is why we didn't bring PSO2 to the West, it is doing horrible, so is NGS!"

Holding the developers of the games we like accountable and demanding their transparency will strengthen the performance of the franchise in the present and future. Keep giving them a free pass and justifying their shady practices and the future will be as bleak as PC launch day, where a community member had to fix developer issues to make the game playable.