I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade

For those stating that they should treat us like they do JP, please understand, keep up with me now, theyre giving us more than they are JP. And I dont mean "collab wise" I mean theyre giving us a bunch of free shit that make the JP players think were being TOO spoiled.

Theyre trying to fix a games major issue that everyones been complaining about, bots. Im okay with whatever measures they have to take aslong as its realistic, and I doubt they wont compensate. Theres also other ways to trade, goodness.

@Lwyu disabling a paid feature to combat bots is pretty silly. It is evidence that they don't know what to do, so they are just disabling it until someone can big brain it.

Crazy that so many people think the burden of work-arounds should be put on the consumer. There's nothing wrong with being frustrated with a service that isn't providing everything they advertised, accountability is extremely important. Those of you who are OK with dismissing that accountability are inevitably the cause of the degredation of customer service over the last decade.

@ZENCHI a complaint isn't the userbase destroying themselves.

Besides, all of those free things have nothing to do with an advertised feature that can only be purchased with real money.

Remember to fill out the survey and mention this issue in it. Also ask for premium ragol packs because I forgot to mention that like a fool.

...Is player trading also disabled on the Japanese server right now?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

@Lwyu disabling a paid feature to combat bots is pretty silly. It is evidence that they don't know what to do, so they are just disabling it until someone can big brain it.

Crazy that so many people think the burden of work-arounds should be put on the consumer. There's nothing wrong with being frustrated with a service that isn't providing everything they advertised, accountability is extremely important. Those of you who are OK with dismissing that accountability are inevitably the cause of the degredation of customer service over the last decade.

No I understand, its sad, and unfortunate. What I'm stating is that I'm okay with whatever measures they take, and that honestly there are work arounds. If there were no work arounds I would be pretty upset. Either way thats not the reason of my post, I was calling out the people thinking they get less than JP when honestly JP has been upset that we got so much more.

@Vashzaron Their Mission Pass Gold Track has also changed like ours where you have to buy the track directly as the Ticket does not currently work due to the same bug and because I do not have Premium I cannot confirm if trading is also disabled but I would imagine it likely it is. These features tend to affect both sides as the Global version has gone down before for Japanese-side Emergency Maintenances as well when it involved game features and mechanics.

@VanillaLucia said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

@Vashzaron Their Mission Pass Gold Track has also changed like ours where you have to buy the track directly as the Ticket does not currently work due to the same bug and because I do not have Premium I cannot confirm if trading is also disabled but I would imagine it likely it is. These features tend to affect both sides as the Global version has gone down before for Japanese-side Emergency Maintenances as well when it involved game features and mechanics.

Nothing in suspension of trading features on the JP side according to the official site but could be wrong.

@Lwyu ah, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I would be OK with it if it also reduced the bot spam, but since it does not do anything that impacts the proliferation of the boys, I am against punishing legitimate players on the account of the very few illegitimate players that are silly enough to pay for meseta.

The RMT "fixes" are always at the expense of the player, such as the bot problem. "Oh, just blacklist them every few minutes." Another solution that puts the burden and responsibility on the players rather than the developers.

@John-Paul-RAGE Agreed, they could also make it so only lvl 5's or higher can use chat.

@Lwyu said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

@John-Paul-RAGE Agreed, they could also make it so only lvl 5's or higher can use chat.

such a solution would not work just by starting the game you are level 2 then tickets make getting to level 5 an absolute breeze.

@YagyuChan said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

@Lwyu said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

such a solution would not work just by starting the game you are level 2 then tickets make getting to level 5 an absolute breeze.

Well I didnt mean literally level 5, more like a level lock in general, since yes they give you levels like candy at the start. It wasnt my idea however, it was someone elses, the way they explained it was more thorough.

Still, across all ships, there are still many bots selling dozens of AC items (even with player-trade disabled as we type): so this A/B testing (or whatever the devs are doing; which isn't working) of disabling the player-trade trade feature seems to be about something else and not about the prevention of what we may think it is. There hasn't been an official statement yet, so everything is just speculation. However, I do agree on some compensation, as it's literally 1/3 of the reasons why people buy premium.

Some solutions for bots:

Stopping a chat feature in-game isn't the problem; it's identifying and preventing bots from playing/joining the game. An example is some country (politics), where most MMOs there require you to use your SSN (or some form of real-life ID) and it's pretty strict there as well with identification when making an account on some games.

A few solutions for restricting chat on new players are either adding two-factor authentication; such as using a code from your email/phone when logging in to the game via PSO2's launcher in order to chat immediately OR wait 3 days (or 1 week) default to be able to use in-game chat (some account flag setting).

Another solution can be; when logging into the ship for the first time, you must complete a captcha to verify you're a human (obviously must be some good captcha).

Another solution can be, that maybe when you make your first character on a ship; you cannot skip a short randomized quest (that cannot be botted, scripted, or macroed) that introduces the PSO2 world to you (very basic, how to move, etc., IDK) and maybe takes like 5 minutes to do (and there will be clear instructions how to complete this randomized quest (like a simon says kind of thing)), where bots will most likely fail if a real human isn't playing the game), before the actual story prologue with Afin.

There could be other solutions as well... Like, maybe only restricting area or global chat to premium members in generic areas (like the Lobby/Gate Area), BUT places like the Alliance Quarters and Personal Quarters; everyone can use area/global chat.

If none are even tried, then the bot issue isn't really Sega's main focus; because it shouldn't be that hard to implement any of the above (this issue has been on-going for like what? 6 months now...); or they are very busy with NGS. Anyway, those are just my opinions.

So... now premium can't tax evasion. Hope they fix it when next maint happens, and give proper compensation, like free 1-day premium passes to those impacted... it is one of the main features of premium. Or maybe AC refund.

@Xaiyeon said in I have no choice but to demand Premium time compensation for Disabled Player Trade:

Still, across all ships, there are still many bots selling dozens of AC items (even with player-trade disabled as we type): so this A/B testing (or whatever the devs are doing; which isn't working) of disabling the player-trade trade feature seems to be about something else and not about the prevention of what we may think it is. There hasn't been an official statement yet, so everything is just speculation. However, I do agree on some compensation, as it's literally 1/3 of the reasons why people buy premium.

The bots werent the issue in the trading, the website is real but theyre doing it in a illegal way. They actually trade players the meseta after they purchase it while stealing card info if I remember correctly.