Disappointed by new Throwback Collection

Decided to run a search for Throwback 1 items I remember being 100m+ back then. So some of it has climbed but not 100m yet, I think they could easily reach that price soon.

On my ship, Shooting Star is 55m now(though it went for 400m before the revive, I doubt it will reach that high again)

Duskwake (ba) is 55m again, it went for 100m before.

Poledance emote finally climbed up to 55m, it will probably reach old prices again but it’s going to be slow.

Darkness wings, blaze hands, demon-anything, ect are still cheap, things I remember fetching 500m+ before revival. I’m unsure about future prices.

I’ll also say that back when I started, ship 4 literally had nothing so I had to transfer characters to different ships to even obtain my fairly impressive closet/emote stash. I’m honestly happy my ship has a fair chance to get this stuff because not everyone has $ to do something so frivolous right now and they deserve cute clothes, too. I felt this way back in Throwback 1 but it makes me hesitate going for the old outfits anymore because who knows, we could see them again and I wouldn’t have wasted 100m on an outfit I could get for 5m during a revival.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have confirmation if we’ll ever see them again? I don’t want to gamble again, 90% of my stuff was hard to obtain and then came back. I’m hoping for the last 10%.

@Lwyu said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

from me saying "you guys" I stopped reading, this is the very reason why I was reiterating everything so much

I mean... the two aren't really related. One is a matter of understanding I clearly had prior to your first post which I now understand to have been addressing the topic poster rather than me (and on reflection this is easy to see; it did not quote me nor follow a post of mine. Apologies for jumping the gun there). The other is language suggestive of distinct groups of people that I would prefer not to be treated or thought of separately.

I dont see them going out their way to do such a thing since theyre in such a rush already

Yeah, it's not something they're likely to do. But unlike recent matters like website updates I don't think we should be making excuses in advance. A re-run would not slow a rush as the request is and has always been to use the gaps that are left behind every shorter scratch like enhancements or throwbacks. To make the solution even more elegant the prize lists, the website pages and even the in-game banner assets for the previous sets already exist so a simple re-run would be next to no effort too.

They could even do a rerun exclusively for pc if they had no other choice

I doubt that's even possible, even if it was it'd be more effort to structure it like that, and what good comes from discriminating against Xbox users? It'd be a huge slap in the face of Global Xbox users in particular, if they followed Microsoft's decree and missed out the original run.

@Miraglyth said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

from me saying "you guys" I stopped reading, this is the very reason why I was reiterating everything so much

I mean... the two aren't really related. One is a matter of understanding I clearly had prior to your first post which I now understand to have been addressing the topic poster rather than me (and on reflection this is easy to see; it did not quote me nor follow a post of mine. Apologies for jumping the gun there). The other is language suggestive of distinct groups of people that I would prefer not to be treated or thought of separately.

I dont see them going out their way to do such a thing since theyre in such a rush already

Yeah, it's not something they're likely to do. But unlike recent matters like website updates I don't think we should be making excuses in advance. A re-run would not slow a rush as the request is and has always been to use the gaps that are left behind every shorter scratch like enhancements or throwbacks. To make the solution even more elegant the prize lists, the website pages and even the in-game banner assets for the previous sets already exist so a simple re-run would be next to no effort too.

They could even do a rerun exclusively for pc if they had no other choice

I doubt that's even possible, even if it was it'd be more effort to structure it like that, and what good comes from discriminating against Xbox users? It'd be a huge slap in the face of Global Xbox users in particular, if they followed Microsoft's decree and missed out the original run.

Regarding the reiterating, I did state constantly I meant no harm, even if you dont perceive something as hostile, others might, people are very sensitive here cant be too safe.

As for the exclusiveness, theyve alrdy punched pc in the face, doesnt matter as much if its a scratch xbox had a chance to use. But I see what you mean.