Disappointed by new Throwback Collection

@MagmaBlaze said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

@RainGnyu said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

I am looking for a decorative black katana. Guessing it super rare.........on ship one!

Are you talking about camos? There are a few black ones.

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Katana_Camos

Cosmetic only

@Milk said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

@Wikldash

Sadly that’s how I feel, too. I’m hoping NGS is different but I’m not holding my breath.

As pessimistic as I am about their current treatment of global, I think NGS is likely to be a new treatment from current global, basically. A lot of current global issues can probably be explained away by them wanting to get through 8 years of stuff that they have to catch up with (and having to pick and choose which throwbacks they want to waste time on that they could be releasing new items with), but if NGS Global has the same rollout schedule as JP NGS (since I think both are supposed to have the same release date), it's pretty likely that NGS Global and NGS JP will share cosmetic release schedules (minus whatever items they deem too racy for global). So in that case, we wouldn't have to really worry too much about maybes/maybe-nots in throwbacks since we'd hopefully be in the same position as JP.

@Akonyl said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

As pessimistic as I am about their current treatment of global, I think NGS is likely to be a new treatment from current global, basically.

Definitely agreed. Moreover I'm not even sure compensating emergency maintenances, loss of facilities and such with Triboost +100% (x3) is a Global only thing? Isn't that also what JP players got after the recent outage of trading and alliance storage?

So let's not let a continued mishandling of revivals for the pre-PC content - which is admittedly a Global-only problem - harm our expectations for New Genesis. We can be confident it's a mistake that won't be repeated by NGS (or rather, they'd be absolutely insane to leave Xbox or PC behind again).

(and having to pick and choose which throwbacks they want to waste time on that they could be releasing new items with)

I mean the feedback has been given. Every enhancement week/fortnight we've had has left behind a gap that they could have easily filled with 1-3 weeks of 1:1 re-run of Recruit Line, Urban Lifestyle, Heroic Wanderer and Crimson Dawn. Problem solved, no slowdown caused. Others and I have been saying this for months. It's a remediation opportunity that continues to be squandered.

if NGS Global has the same rollout schedule as JP NGS (since I think both are supposed to have the same release date), it's pretty likely that NGS Global and NGS JP will share cosmetic release schedules (minus whatever items they deem too racy for global).

Yeah I'm hoping for that too. Sadly that will make it easier to see differences between the two which will likely cause more drama about censorship and voice tickets they couldn't / didn't dub in time. Also probably anything that runs into localisation rights issues in the west, because even though we can hope they'd jointly negotiate collaborations globally, other parties might already hold separate western licenses for some of it.

Global got the same compensation Japan servers got every time both games had the same issue and needed emergency maintenance. While SEGA sometimes doesn’t act on feedback you must remember all the times that they did. As for this scratch they probably decided it months ago like they do in Japan servers and heard the negative feedback about it. SEGA cares about Global considering that they constantly update it and mention it on the JP site. Last thing to remember is that SEGA of Japan runs the servers directly and the rest is managed by other companies that will filter feedback to them in Japanese so they understand and run Twitter and the forums for them as an example.

I like this ticket since it brings some stuff back I passed on back then when meseta was worth more. However I understand how you feel. I'm hoping once NGS drops pso2 is mostly done with new cosmetics and they'll just start cycling all the content again. It might mean a long wait for somethings but i'd rather wait and it eventually come than not know if it will ever come back.

@Wikldash said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

Sega treats Global like the red-headed step child, they know we exist but they give us just enough to scrape by and when we speak up we are just ignored or placated by small amounts of minuscule worth items (+100% tris). I don't have high hopes for being treated any better when NG releases either.

@Milk said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

@Wikldash

Sadly that’s how I feel, too. I’m hoping NGS is different but I’m not holding my breath.

I'll point out again we're playing 8 years of catchup in roughly 8-10 months. That's pretty massive for any online game to do such a thing. So it really does lead one to think that everything is railroaded. We get what we get cause it's a set list they are following.

NGS should be much better as it's set to be truly global and we get updates same as JP. It's also going to be new development so our feedback should have a bit more weight in regards to fixing things or getting QoL. Some cautious optimism is not a bad thing.

I had cautious optimism for Throwback 1, it’s just less this time around. On the plus side, snagged a couple things I didn’t have yet like the matching Armeure Ribbon for my hair, sweet buy too at a mere 2m. I’m not angry a Throwback 2 exists or anything, it’s just getting increasingly frustrating for me anyway that everything I got came back for the Throwbacks but harder to get “wishlist” stuff never made the cut. If only I knew, I would have changed priorities and went full ham to get those outfits, ah well.

Here’s to hoping.

@Milk Lmao your welcome, its unfortunate that the prices have hiked and players missed the first ever scratch, in my personal opinion I dont see much id want from it, infact I cld probably give away a few, but I can see why you guys would want it.

Though again it was unrealistic assuming it would be in the 2nd throwback, since it seemed like theyre going based off time segments. So the first one is out of question which sucks.

@Miraglyth said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

@Lwyu said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

not all of them are billions of meseta

Oh, that makes it alright then. 😒

However asking for a throwback to have the very first scratch is a lot to ask for, especially now, considering its the 2nd throwback so the chances of it even having the first scratch of pso2 is 0%.

Holy cow.

Hoo-oooly cow.

Back in Throwback Collection (1) the story was "They can't revive everything all at once! Wait until the next one and more of what you want will surely come back!!"

Now it's "It's far too late for what you want to come back, you should have asked sooner!"

One moment we're being impatient and the next we waited too long to ask (even though we did)?

Which is it?!

It's bad enough that PC and Global players are being left behind this badly by older AC scratch content than we were allowed to generate being revived in arguably the worst way possible, but now we have to deal with this pincer attack of contradicting criticisms for the heinous crime of just wanting to not be left behind?

Words fail me...

I dont think you understand what I was saying. Asking for the items you missed and rightfully deserve is fine all in all. Asking and assuming theyd do what you want regarding throwbacks when in reality you know theyre going based off time segments of scratches and throw a random assortment of stuff.

I for one want it to happen but I can see that its unlikely. Hope that helped you a bit.

I dont think you understand what I was saying.

I understood, but it feels like you underestimate how aggravating it's been as someone who has been told numerous times dating all the way back to March that we should shut up and wait because they'll bring everything back, to now hear that it's too late to come back. There are no words to express how frustrating that is. None.

assuming theyd do what you want regarding throwbacks when in reality you know theyre going based off time segments of scratches and throw a random assortment of stuff.

I've never assumed they'd get this right ever since they kept refusing to sneak in Recruit Line after the first enhancement week despite my pleas to reason. I certainly didn't make that assumption after the first Throwback Collection repeated the mistake that was Mission Pass Season 5 in AC Scratch form. My first post in this topic was literally "Seriously, I said this would happen."

Asking for the items you missed and rightfully deserve is fine all in all.

I for one want it to happen but I can see that its unlikely. Hope that helped you a bit.

These are the important things. All we can do is keep asking. Either they'll finally rescue PC from being second-class one day (this goes for old SG Shop sets and campaigns too, though at least both of those are almost halfway remedied now) or they won't and, well, will have to keep putting up with hearing it asked I guess. 🤷

I still like the current throwback collection and I'd of happily spent a little money on it but it goes away two days before I get paid... Most Scratches last a lot longer.. Why is this one so short?

I don't know. I do recall the last one being just as short.

Oh yeah, throwbacks are only a week. This will leave behind yet another AC scratch gap that could be filled with a proper revival but won't.

@Miraglyth That doesn't make sense tbh. It'd benefit the company for reviving scratches PC users missed as a good example. Guess all we can do is hope that we get it eventually.

Well now I know I'll just buy the AC and then wait for a throwback scratch. Still sad though I wanted about 90% of the stuff in there specially the hairs T.T I'm too broke from affixing and such to buy it outright with Meseta and as soon as the scratch poofs the prices will hike up again.