Disappointed by new Throwback Collection

@CalvinaCoulange

The last time I thought about buying it I couldn’t find the full set, it’s frustrating.

They likey just have a list that was setup before global launched and flip a switch to activate. So it's not so much they aren't listening to feedback as it's just they can't do anything about it no matter what people say. General feedback seems to be ignored as well concidering the various things that have been censored, changed, or things we're missing still when compaired to JP. It's all gotta be setup long before by some higher ups and the ones running global just do what their told.

Sucks to accept it but all signs point to it. No matter how loud anyone has been on any given subject there's been no real change based on feedback given. Even something like the recent Schevelle unit Zieg upgrades was probably just pre-set to be in the last maintence on the 23rd rather than added due to oversight from epi6 launch.

The game is set on a set path and we get what we get because it's all been decided ahead of time. Annoying for sure but nothing you should really take personally.

@Sparhawk

It’s such an awful way to treat customers if that’s the case. Players in other games have had some say in the past, granted not every minor detail but the major things that leave their customers PO’d or affect money at least.

I know things won’t change and I naively thought Throwback 2 would be different because there’s not a lot left they could’ve added and yet I’m not going to lie, I saw red for a moment looking at the list. I kept my optimism from the first Throwback, maybe they just haven’t added it yet, but now it feels like it was deliberately excluded meanwhile stuff you can buy right now at a reasonable price were used instead.

It's fair, they probably use database and simple analytics processing to check out the most traded items between shop and player; it just happens the items you want aren't that popular enough amongst the general public. XD I have bought some items that were pricey; I mean Meseta in this game isn't a big deal anyway (once you're decently geared for end-game and whatnot). For the cast parts, probably as a balance; if I was a developer I wouldn't toss out a playable race; inclusion is necessary.

@Milk I don't disagree, nor am I advocating that you just roll over and take it. Speaking up over it is all we can though and it gets frusterating when it's clear they don't listen. I've been through so many online games since the heyday of original PSO and Ragnarok Online. Companies make some very odd decisions that, when you look at it from the outside, makes it appear they hate money and don't want you to spend. It's maddening at times cause you want to give them money for things you want but they don't want to let you buy those things.

We're in a weird situation playing 8 years of catch up. We can't really influence anything so it feels like we're just banging our heads on the wall for no good reason.

@Xaiyeon said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

It's fair, they probably use database and simple analytics processing to check out the most traded items between shop and player

There is no way that could work. What if there is only one of the most-desired item in the game and the person who owns it wants to keep it? Its trade count would stay at 0 and such analytics would never notice it.

@Xaiyeon said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

It's fair, they probably use database and simple analytics processing to check out the most traded items between shop and player; it just happens the items you want aren't that popular enough amongst the general public. XD I have bought some items that were pricey; I mean Meseta in this game isn't a big deal anyway (once you're decently geared for end-game and whatnot). For the cast parts, probably as a balance; if I was a developer I wouldn't toss out a playable race; inclusion is necessary.

That makes zero sense. The items I want(basewear for all race) are from before pc release so there weren’t that many purchased back then and even less for sale now. They don’t even know if there’s demand or not because you’re lucky to see one on the market for any given time, for scalper prices most players can’t even touch. You say meseta is easy to make, I know. I’m a former AC spender. I stopped because I made easy meseta from doing my weeklies. That’s not the problem, how can I buy something that isn’t for sale? How can new players who don’t have maximum alts come up with those prices even if they do find one for sale? 100m+ is still a lot meseta to anyone.

But like I said, can’t even fork over the meseta to scalpers because it’s not even on the market anymore, it was before pc and the amount of them became less and less.

@Sparhawk said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

@Milk I don't disagree, nor am I advocating that you just roll over and take it. Speaking up over it is all we can though and it gets frusterating when it's clear they don't listen. I've been through so many online games since the heyday of original PSO and Ragnarok Online. Companies make some very odd decisions that, when you look at it from the outside, makes it appear they hate money and don't want you to spend. It's maddening at times cause you want to give them money for things you want but they don't want to let you buy those things.

We're in a weird situation playing 8 years of catch up. We can't really influence anything so it feels like we're just banging our heads on the wall for no good reason.

You’re right, I come from RO too so I’ve seen my fair share of BS like companies deleting everyone’s cashshop stuff or closing business with no notice. I’ve also seen games that actively took feedback and made adjustments. Games vary but some part of me wants it to be one of the better ones. I know I can’t change anything but I’m so frustrated.

A lot of the stuff you guys want right now, are available from other players, and not all of them are billions of meseta, some are still very cheap depending on the ship your on. However asking for a throwback to have the very first scratch is a lot to ask for, especially now, considering its the 2nd throwback so the chances of it even having the first scratch of pso2 is 0%. I hope you guys can find a way to obtain those old stuff though.

@Lwyu said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

A lot of the stuff you guys want right now, are available from other players, and not all of them are billions of meseta, some are still very cheap depending on the ship your on. However asking for a throwback to have the very first scratch is a lot to ask for, especially now, considering its the 2nd throwback so the chances of it even having the first scratch of pso2 is 0%. I hope you guys can find a way to obtain those old stuff though.

I have two home ships, 3 & 4. I ran a search for the four outfits mentioned.

Raison Vanitas (ba): 6 available, three colors available, no default color. Grace for 23m, 39m, 63m. Sky for 52m, 105m. Snow for 105m

Novi Katze (ba): 3 available, two color available, no default. Two Snow for 157m, Grace for 210m

Reaver Swallow(ba) : 1 available, default color for 118m

Denim Skirt (ba) : 6 available, default color. 105m, 136.5m, 210m and 500m. Sea color for 42m, 52m

You can find less desired color variations of the outfits but you either pay 100+ or don’t find it at all for default. A Throwback would be for the most popular color, so we could see default again.

Though thank you for reminding me to double-check prices. I snapped up a Grace Raison Vanitas for a great price from a player moving ships, how lucky! Now if only Novi Katze and Reaver Swallow had those lucky breaks.

I am looking for a decorative black katana. Guessing it super rare.........on ship one!

@RainGnyu said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

I am looking for a decorative black katana. Guessing it super rare.........on ship one!

Are you talking about camos? There are a few black ones.

https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Katana_Camos

not all of them are billions of meseta

Oh, that makes it alright then. 😒

However asking for a throwback to have the very first scratch is a lot to ask for, especially now, considering its the 2nd throwback so the chances of it even having the first scratch of pso2 is 0%.

Holy cow.

Hoo-oooly cow.

Back in Throwback Collection (1) the story was "They can't revive everything all at once! Wait until the next one and more of what you want will surely come back!!"

Now it's "It's far too late for what you want to come back, you should have asked sooner!"

One moment we're being impatient and the next we waited too long to ask (even though we did)?

Which is it?!

It's bad enough that PC and Global players are being left behind this badly by older AC scratch content than we were allowed to generate being revived in arguably the worst way possible, but now we have to deal with this pincer attack of contradicting criticisms for the heinous crime of just wanting to not be left behind?

Words fail me...

@Miraglyth

You worded it better than I could but I share the same sentiment. I was one of the “wait and see” folks from the first Throwback, to be fair we did get some accessories that were hitting 500m regardless of age so I didn’t mind but now we’re recycling newer scratches that didn’t even climb to absurd prices and snubbing what needed it the most.

Sega treats Global like the red-headed step child, they know we exist but they give us just enough to scrape by and when we speak up we are just ignored or placated by small amounts of minuscule worth items (+100% tris). I don't have high hopes for being treated any better when NG releases either.

@Wikldash

Sadly that’s how I feel, too. I’m hoping NGS is different but I’m not holding my breath.