Disappointed by new Throwback Collection

Half of this stuff was fairly recent, the scratches came out in the summer when I first joined. I was really hoping to see older scratch basewear like Raison Vanitas and Novi Katze, you know from the very first scratch.

https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Recruit_Line_(AC_Scratch:_NA)

Why so many recent scratch items and leave out coveted older ones that many weren’t even around for back then? There’s a demand for those outfits, the older editions fetch a hefty sum of meseta.

It just doesn’t make any sense to me. Hopefully they’ll be included in collection 3.

I didn't have the meseta for my fox girl alt when they came out. Super exited to get them now. ❤

@Milk said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

Why so many recent scratch items and leave out coveted older ones that many weren’t even around for back then?

Because "those sets were already revived". By which they mean items other than the ones you wanted to come back but happened to be in the same set were, and that's good enough for them!

Seriously, I said this would happen. Anyone that insisted "maybe they'll be in a future revival!" was being naive, JP don't do it that way. Content from Recruit Line, Urban Lifestyle and such that didn't make Throwback Collection 1 are gone.

They should have just re-run those scratches in their original form during off weeks after enhancement scratches. It would have been so easy.

But after feedback was given through every possible channel and was summarily ignored, at least now we know 100% they don't care a jot about the PC players that weren't allowed to scratch for those original sets. It's helpful to have that confirmed.

This gives us confidence that the rest of Mission Pass seasons 1-3 will probably be abandoned too. The best we should realistically hope for is maybe the remainder of the SG Shop sets (like Sudsy Style and the Tylor replicas) and old campaign items (like the Photon Halo set and the Cross Legs emote) to return.

Half of this stuff was fairly recent, the scratches came out in the summer when I first joined. I was really hoping to see older scratch basewear like Raison Vanitas and Novi Katze, you know from the very first scratch.

Why so many recent scratch items and leave out coveted older ones that many weren’t even around for back then? There’s a demand for those outfits, the older editions fetch a hefty sum of meseta.

It just doesn’t make any sense to me. Hopefully they’ll be included in collection 3.

Gotta agree here just don’t care for any of the revived items but gl to the people that got stuff they wanted to be revived.

I wanted Casual Boots: Brown from the Urban Lifestyle Scratch.... they don't exist anywhere now. So I have fully given up on the ONE AC item I wanted from pre PC... I'd like to say what we (global) are to Sega but it wouldn't be liked by some people.

I'm really excited. I didn't get a chance at any of this stuff as it was before my time and what little of this was in the personal shops was pretty expensive due to limited qualities. So really happy to get twitch cat ears and I've been eying that diva milticolored ponytail for forever.

@Vexation said in Disappointed by new Throwback Collection:

I'm really excited. I didn't get a chance at any of this stuff as it was before my time and what little of this was in the personal shops was pretty expensive due to limited qualities. So really happy to get twitch cat ears and I've been eying that diva milticolored ponytail for forever

Point of order that they could have still brought that back without consigning other players who'd been waiting longer for older dead content to further misery.

I have to agree!

I concur we need things from the Recruit Line. I'd like to get ahold of Reaver Swallow.

I'm quite happy with the scratch. Finished my fox girl accessories, got my force her hat, and got my ranger finished.

@Miraglyth

@YagyuChan

Correct me if I’m wrong but the first scratch was before pc players’ time, right?

My conclusion is they didn’t include those items because there isn’t enough proof they would sell, which is absolute BS if that’s correct. They would only need to check the high prices that stuff sells for now, if you can even find it at all. It’s not the players’ fault that half their player base couldn’t even buy it back then.

I didn’t have a problem with the accessories I guess and happy people are getting stuff they wanted but it feels like the oldest stuff is being deliberately left out and I’m kind of angry about it.

@CalvinaCoulange

Me too but the price has climbed too high, there’s a limit of how much I’m willing to spend and considering they brought back or gave away stuff I’d shelled out for in the past, learned my lesson and I’ll just be patient and hope. 😞

@Wikldash

I wanted those, too! I couldn’t find them on both ships I use.

It feels kinda goofy to me that they didn't revive the bunny tail while the bunny suit is in FF. I know the innocencia tail is still out, but I don't wanna have to scratch a christmas ticket after christmas for it (or pay 50mil on the market).

@Miraglyth Correct me if I’m wrong but the first scratch was before pc players’ time, right?

The first four AC scratches were before PC players' time. The fifth ended a week after PC release, which was too soon for most PC players to know whether they wanted to start being spending players so that suffered a bit on the market too (particularly emotes like Pole Dance).

Throwback Collection (1) was a scattering of parts from the first five AC scratches. I haven't even cared to look at what this mess of Throwback Collection II is because it's not what it should have been, but I'd hazard a guess that it's a similar messy mixture of random things from like the 6th to 10th AC scratch sets.

My conclusion is they didn’t include those items because there isn’t enough proof they would sell, which is absolute BS if that’s correct.

They would sell because PC players couldn't buy them the first time around. The trouble is now they've done these messy mixture non-revivals, as you say, much of the content they arbitrarily decided was popular has already come back so what's left is the "not popular" stuff and that makes it less likely for them to give them the true revival those four sets should have got.

But they just don't want to acknowledge the damage they caused the PC portion of the player base, which is what it'd take to give that true revival.

@Miraglyth

I didn’t know there were that many scratches before pc. I feel like this is a slap in the face to their customers. People couldn’t buy stuff if they couldn’t even play, making an mmo console exclusive sounds like a frankly stupid decision anyway, but now the excluded players are still paying for it.

They don’t have the data these scratch items would sell so they just don’t bother.

I’m just going down the list and getting angrier. I own most of this stuff, I bought it this summer. I could still buy it right now for a fair price! That Misty hair? I bought a second one for account unlock in November for 30m, the same price as new scratch hair. Some of this stuff honest to god didn’t need a revival and took up a slot for stuff that did. How do they expect new players to come up with 100m+ for these truly old scratch items? Some if them you can’t even find on the markets anymore, period.

Yeah, the Reaver Swallow disappeared from the markets long before I could afford one, the last one I saw before it got pulled from the market was about 26 million, and that was when I was still new. I saw one put back on the market later for a hundred times that amount.