No Love for the Avatar Shop.

Maybe the thought has not crossed anyones mind, But have you noticed that most players always Congregate mostly to the side of the Tekker, the weapons Dealer and of course, Duddu and Monica.?

That's the thing - EVERYONE knows who they are , and what their roles are and the impact they have had throughout the whole game.

So, - As your standing there, Getting your weapons appraised, and possibly, selling all those unwated warez from your inventory, Turn around, and look - NO ONE hardly goes to the other side and I bet no one knows those NPC's names by heart.

So- It would be nice to have the avatar shop from time to time, have an exclusive piece of armor for a limited time, Wouldn't that be cool? But- It's not, It's very basic, basic stuff. I would like to see some rarities be cycled thru there. Rareities such as, OH.. I guess avatar pieces from other renditions of the Phantasy Star Universe?

The rest is baiscally getting stuff from AC scratches which is fine, But to me it's more contribed and mediocre. It would be nice and just maybe the avatar shop across the way would get some much needed love.

You know what! I agree!!!!!

Huh, I never noticed.

I did go to the other side to buy a cheap suit. Then another time to get items. That's it.

I sometimes go to that side to restock on -mates and moons, or to sell off junk from quests. Also that area is under the Ex-Cube shop, so you can turn the cubes into Grinders, then dump them from storage a floor below.

Too bad the outfit, unit, and disk shops don't have anything beyond the starter stuff.

I buy the outfits for the colors so if I need my color-change accessory to be a different color I don’t have to waste a pass or buy expensive clothes. Served me well when i needed my ribbons light blue and most of my outer clothes/outfits are black since base wear doesn’t change accessory color.

Yeah, it'd be nice if there was more of a reason to go over there. But who needs basic level 1 discs other than new characters? And I used the outfit shop when I was brand new until I discovered personal shops and outfits less than a mil then I never went back to it. Limited edition outfit would be a nice reason to visit. Can't really see a way to save the disc shop though I do sometimes go to the item shop it's really easier to just use the one on the ship.

Disc shop has its purpose, it sells Resta. Back when I was new I didn’t know about the disc shop, it’s just kind of there. Here I was saving up 100k+ for a lvl1 Resta on the personal shops, I’m so glad someone told me.

Now if we can only get the TEC called 'REVERSER' :

This was what it was called , I Think? To be able to be revived without the use of moons.

Ya, but - the disc shop shoould also have something worth trading to get, I mean.. Come on Sega, The 4 other shops to the left of the Quna's concerts see more action. OH.. that reminds me, what about those Empty rooms that are just "There" at either side? Would be neat IF they were used for some sort of event.

@DDDDLife said in No Love for the Avatar Shop.:

Now if we can only get the TEC called 'REVERSER' :

This was what it was called , I Think? To be able to be revived without the use of moons.

Reverser Field is a Techter Active Skill and not a disc.

Ya, but - the disc shop shoould also have something worth trading to get, I mean.. Come on Sega, The 4 other shops to the left of the Quna's concerts see more action. OH.. that reminds me, what about those Empty rooms that are just "There" at either side? Would be neat IF they were used for some sort of event.

^ Agreed. I often wonder about the empty rooms. Like why is it there?!

@Vexation said in No Love for the Avatar Shop.:

OH.. that reminds me, what about those Empty rooms that are just "There" at either side? Would be neat IF they were used for some sort of event.

Agreed. I often wonder about the empty rooms. Like why is it there?!

I assume they were meant to be used as meet-up areas for players to organically use rather than having a defined purpose, but everyone just kind of gravitated to staying over by Cofy. To my recollection, the red room was only used once for a Client Order; you had to find an NPC there who "got lost" when trying to meet the other event NPCs.

You know. Sega could of .. and I MEAN COULD OF- been smart and perhaps bring one or two items from like.. OH - I dont' know 2 or even 3 AC scratch items ago? That's not the case , now its just a mediocre throwback collection.

@AndrlCh said in No Love for the Avatar Shop.:

@Vexation said in No Love for the Avatar Shop.:

OH.. that reminds me, what about those Empty rooms that are just "There" at either side? Would be neat IF they were used for some sort of event.

Agreed. I often wonder about the empty rooms. Like why is it there?!

I assume they were meant to be used as meet-up areas for players to organically use rather than having a defined purpose, but everyone just kind of gravitated to staying over by Cofy. To my recollection, the red room was only used once for a Client Order; you had to find an NPC there who "got lost" when trying to meet the other event NPCs.

Those side rooms used to have several story event triggers in them before the story got slimmed down with the removal of the divergence matrices.

@RPGpro said in No Love for the Avatar Shop.:

Those side rooms used to have several story event triggers in them before the story got slimmed down with the removal of the divergence matrices.

Did they? I did the entirety of the Matterboards, and can't seem to remember any scenes taking place in either the red or blue room, though that was some time ago, so my memory might just be off.

Honestly, I'd be happy if we also got a shop from the Idola Saga, since PSO2 and that universe have crossed paths already. We do have some stuff from that game in a campaign, but... I'd love to have a shop where you can buy some outfits and accessories from that game.