Add voice tickets of well known Dub VAs plz.

Since voice tickets are confirmed in for global, I would like to make a request. Please if possible add in tickets of well known VAs of dubs. Iā€™m not sure if we can get some of the more well known JP voices over here cause of copyright and whatnot but please try to add them good dubbers at least.

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls064417945/

Would pay top AC for those tickets.

A voice ticket of a random VA who hasn't VA'd a character that already has a pre established voice ticket in JP (that can eventually be translated into other languages for Global if Sega and gang want to go that route) doesn't make any sense. If there are voice tickets for the collabs they have on JP, and the English VA is reprising that role, it makes sense, but not to have them just do random lines for PSO2 to have as a voice ticket. I'm sure that Sega doesn't want to spend any extra money if they don't have to.

That being said, it would be pretty cool to have some VA's not related to PSO2 do voice lines for voice tickets. One can only hope!

the tickets that are in the memory shop are dual voiced, if you check the description it has the name of both voice actors so is much probable that they will do with any other that will come after whatever license legal battle they are facing

Can we instead start with voice tickets for existing PSO2 characters which already exist in the data as used by the NPCs that I find unfathomable why they are not released already for EN & JP.

I'd like Quna and Luther voices for my Quna and Luther characters please and thanks.

@Vashzaron is because license issues, if it wasn't for that fact they probably will had released then already

@Jamesmor said in Add voice tickets of well known Dub VAs plz.:

@Vashzaron is because license issues, if it wasn't for that fact they probably will had released then already

Unless you misunderstood what I am saying I doubt there is any licensing issue on NPC voices who already have tag along versions like Zeno and Afin, etc (NPC appearance and voice uses the same system as a player), they already exist in the game both dubbed and JP but no ticket for player use is available to access them for your own character.

the tickets that are in the memory shop are dual voiced, if you check the description it has the name of both voice actors so is much probable that they will do with any other that will come after whatever license legal battle they are facing

Sega just needs to toss more money at them then. šŸ˜„

@Vashzaron said in Add voice tickets of well known Dub VAs plz.:

Unless you misunderstood what I am saying I doubt there is any licensing issue on NPC voices who already have tag along versions like Zeno and Afin, etc (NPC appearance and voice uses the same system as a player), they already exist in the game both dubbed and JP but no ticket for player use is available to access them for your own character.

Sega has the license for the recording of the voice actors for the characters but for the tickets is a different license, the license issues are a giant mess and I'm not a lawyer so I only know the bare minimum of that but is exactly that different licenses and they cannot release the tickets here without having the licenses or they will be sued by the companies that represents the voice actors

Sega has the license for the recording of the voice actors for the characters but for the tickets is a different license, the license issues are a giant mess and I'm not a lawyer so I only know the bare minimum of that but is exactly that different licenses and they cannot release the tickets here without having the licenses or they will be sued by the companies that represents the voice actors

Sounds absurd that would be a different license for player use vs non player use in a game, people like money though so wouldnt be surprised if true.

Sounds absurd that would be a different license for player use vs non player use in a game, people like money though so wouldnt be surprised if true.

for what I understand is related to the tickets have monetary continue gain while the character recording is one time contract that won't gain more value over time but probably has much more that I don't know or understand, so yes because money is involved that things get messy

@Jamesmor If it helps to bring the context to why the licensing is a strange argument for these particular characters it is because their in-game dialogue (as NPC's such as boss characters using their dialogue or for characters you can invite as partner characters) these are the exact same lines and dialogue used for the player character when they play the game. I find it strange to say that there is a licensing issue that stops the player from inviting a character who will use those lines but that the player themselves were not able to get them via in-game events or the scratches like they were originally distributed.

@VanillaLucia that didn't help at all, the issue is not being the lines they use is more that Sega sells the person who recorded the lines voice for a value so this is were they have different licenses one will be for the character in game that will be recorded but Sega will not sell the voice of that actor with the character and the other will be the ticket that Sega will be selling the voice of the actor for a value and this is when things get complicated, after all scratch tickets don't have a right value over the itens they have there.

Just a heads up, any voice actors from Sony owned Funimation/Crunchyroll might be out of the options for SEGA's payroll under current conditions.

Well... to be more precise, SEGA went with lesser known voice actors who fit rather closely to the vocal range of the JP voice talent.

While it is cost effective, and isn't going to be a perfect match, there was one voice talent I did vaguely remember hearing about.

Not sure where I heard the name Carolyn Miller from, but she's somewhat noteworthy. (And is now voicing Tetra.)

Plus, there's the fan backlash of both companies making big script changes to the localization, so I believe it's within SEGA's best interest to continue scouting as they have been.

Do we really want SEGA to have the same repetitive voice talent in Funimation? I don't think so, and they're getting kinda old, too.

I'm excited to see new voice talent that I don't recognize, because that's what makes it so interesting.

Yea, the only other VA that I recognized was Karen Strassman since she does Nanako in Persona 4 and a few other things, but I think the rest are rather new to the VA scene, which I appreciate