816 after temporary steam restriction?

Before anyone suggests doing so, I did file a support ticket. I am just posting in the hopes that increased visibility might aid me. To get to the meat of my matter here, I bought a couple gift cards for friends on steam, and because it was a larger amount back to back in a short amount of time, I had a temporary fraud protection restriction placed on my account, not any part of this related to the game mind you. So, the restriction happened and was lifted, however for some reason the game decided my account should be suspended. I couldn't even log in via steam for support until the restriction was lifted. Given what I've seen on these forums, the likelihood of getting my account unbanned is miniscule but, since my friends play and got me into the game yesterday, I figured it'd be worth a shot. I was enjoying myself and then this. I should also mention that I did not make any purchases in the game outside of NPCs and freebies granted by the game itself.

Wishing you the best of luck. Hope you used an IRL triboost, RDR, and EX boost before writing a ticket.

rip your account, support can't help you about it. once you get 816 there is no turning back.

@BlueRadley said in 816 after temporary steam restriction?:

Wishing you the best of luck. Hope you used an IRL triboost, RDR, and EX boost before writing a ticket.

+500% of 0% is still 0%.

They'd have to add "unbanning innocent accounts" to the drop table to begin with for RDR to have any effect.

I made the switch from Microcrap to Steam myself. However Micro has a looong history of screwing things up. So I didn't even try linking my account to steam out of fear of losing my steam account. After seeing all these 816 reports when checking for something else....

It's only paranoia if you're wrong.