I REALLY hope NGS does something to deal with the MASSIVE bot issue we STILL have.

At the VERY least remove the "feature" that allows players to add a loud noise to messages the whole area hears every time. that's got almost no use for us and every use for bots to destroy the game experience for us.

/toge You're not taking away my toge

@Positive-and-Mannered-Player Then we need an automatic system that flags anyone spamming the same message repeatedly, especially if its making loud annoying noises, and suspends their accounts pending investigation.

Anyone spamming the same message in public areas in say chat is a spambot. no room for doubt when said message contains some address or code.

I’ve honestly been seeing less bots lately on my ship, been pretty nice.

@Milk They may have hired some people to actively search blocks, and block hop, as to keep the amount of them low. Their previous go to of wiping out thousands of bot accounts each maintenance, wasn't exactly efficient. If anything, it would be a larger headache each build up.

Hmm people who tried to get rid of bots got hospitalized after a shooting and stabbing took place at our complex. The video and audio noted that the bots make for perfect money laundering.

I’m not the same user from before and I’m not here to post anything but this. The people who attacked this account are responsible for that mugging. And so to will the people investigated by it be done so to see what ties they had to the attack.

@Kitsenix said in I REALLY hope NGS does something to deal with the MASSIVE bot issue we STILL have.:

Hmm people who tried to get rid of bots got hospitalized after a shooting and stabbing took place at our complex. The video and audio noted that the bots make for perfect money laundering.

I’m not the same user from before and I’m not here to post anything but this. The people who attacked this account are responsible for that mugging. And so to will the people investigated by it be done so to see what ties they had to the attack.

I really hope you took the time away from the forums to find a therapist. I'm still worried for you.

The most cynical (and most likely realistic) answer is they probably won’t do much or even anything at all to combat bots in NGS. You need to think about things from a management standpoint which is usually “How can we can maximize profits while putting in the least effort possible?”. Combatting those bots and sites would take far too much effort and time from a financial point of view for minimal returns. It just simply isn’t worth it in their eyes.

@Kitsenix said in I REALLY hope NGS does something to deal with the MASSIVE bot issue we STILL have.:

Lol. Looking at your post history... PSO2 meets gang stalking? Seek help.

@Kitsenix That's a big yikes forme me. Seriously, go seek mental help.

Im suspect that Perhaps the people here in the NA version can't really do much , As far as something to add to the game to keep those RMT bots at bay, The only thing that they can do is go after them, It's going to be interesting in NGS, Perhaps JP will still cite marching orders on what can and cannot be done.

Wow, I'd be careful if I were you! 😉 Don't want anything unfortunate to happen.

@NotWhoUThink From a management standpoint the removal of the shout "bang" noise from the game or at least a feature to auto silence anyone who uses it more than a couple times a minute would be a no brainer if what the managers want is a healthy game population.

Every time I hear the ceaseless "bang bang" bot spam I am strongly inclined to log off, and about half the time I do.

@ZeeHero9271 I don't really see that as a long term solution though which most people are looking for, but I guess it could help mitigate some of the more annoying parts of the spam. But what I meant were long term solutions for the bot problem.

@NotWhoUThink Well we have a very immediate problem where bots are constantly being a HUGE annoyance to anyone who has sound turned on, so for now, implementing this would be a huge improvment until something more long term can be done.