Auto-mate Half and Iron will

I'm trying to make a hunter/Etoile class for a dps/tank hybrid build, but I'm not sure about one thing. Does automate cancel out iron will? Like if automate activates does iron will turn off till after my next death? I'm low on Sgs and don't wanna spend real cash if I mess it up. Plz help.

It's more a case that you won't ever trigger Iron Will until you run out of mates unless a hit happens to 1 shot you (there are still a few in the game that can do that.) For the most part if you know you can make it through a quest without running out of mates, you won't need to put any points into Iron Will at all.

What part of the Hunter Tree are you building?

Iron Will only triggers when you actually take a fatal hit (something that would take you to 0 HP) but the 75% chance it provides will keep you at 1 HP instead. It is still entirely possible even as Hunter/Etoile to be one-shotted and instant-killed where Halfline Automate will completely fail to trigger and Iron Will can potentially save you instead.

I do not recall if Iron Will triggering will actually leave you at 1 HP for you to manually have to heal yourself as Halfline Automate only triggers when you drop below half of your overall HP.

@VanillaLucia said in Auto-mate Half and Iron will:

Iron Will only triggers when you actually take a fatal hit (something that would take you to 0 HP) but the 75% chance it provides will keep you at 1 HP instead. It is still entirely possible even as Hunter/Etoile to be one-shotted and instant-killed where Halfline Automate will completely fail to trigger and Iron Will can potentially save you instead.

I do not recall if Iron Will triggering will actually leave you at 1 HP for you to manually have to heal yourself as Halfline Automate only triggers when you drop below half of your overall HP.

You going to have to manually heal yourself if you don’t have life-steals effects or auto healing action (rings) because Half-line won’t tigger if you get insta-Popped to 1HP.

If your subclassing Hunter it's definitely worth maxing both.

For Hu/Et, max both if you want to be the closest thing PSo2 has to Immortal

Thanks Guys!

@NekoN7Templr You should NOT max out automate as HuEt. Let me explain why.

On automate, you have huge damage reduction from HuEt skills, so you will likely survive a number of hits when HP is below 50%, and technically you want to stay under 50% HP for as much time as you can because Et sub class will heal you, reducing the use of mates. Hence, I suggest only apply 3-4 points (max) on automates, which gives 32% trigger chance.

If you want to do the math,

• Assume you can take 5 hits under 50% HP, the chance of NOT using automate (you will die) is (1-32%)^5=14.5%.
  • Assume you can take 10 hits under 50% HP, the chance of dying is only (1-32%)^10=2.1%.

So the ability to survive is to take as many hits as possible by increasing damage reduction and max HP.

On iron will, either use 1 point to enjoy 30% chance for a second life, or you can maximize it. Both options are valid.

Instead, you should max out these skills Pretty Good that reduces 70% abnormal status duration reduction, you want to stay healthy as much as possible especially when life is low and you are under fire/poison/blind effect)

For gears, you not only need to boost melee, your secondary stat should be HP. Because when HP is high, you don't have to worry about incoming damage or even guarding, just keep the attack time on.