What I would love to see.

Mags and Summons in the main town. I adore my pets but the only time others can see mine or I can see others is in mission. There really isn't alot of time to admire while running around like maniacs.

I dont play summoner but I second this

But they all look exactly the same? What's there to admire? Not like the different color versions add anything.

So the idea of seeing pets everywhere doesn't mean anything to ya.

Well, it does to me. There's not even an option to let me choose.

Not such a bad idea. Now I assume it wasn't done due to performance issues, as mags and pets add even more polygons, textures and animations to a lobby that can be rather cluttered with what we have now. Remembering this game released in 2012 when PCs were not as powerful as they are now, as well, and that the base of the game was never really reworked to take current hardware which can handle the extra load into account..

I’d love to show off my shiny Melon but lobbies are cluttered as is so it might not ever happen. I’m sad nobody can watch him dance except me. 😞

I don't really care to see summons in the lobby, maybe a lobby action that summons your current/last summoned pet I could get away with, have a pietro like interaction depending on the nature of the pet? That way all. The fur fans get to show off their degen... I mean get to show off their hard earned pets like other classes do with our weapons.

This would be better placed in the in-games suggestion thread. That said, this idea would make lobby lag even worse. Sure, I'd like the idea, but not at the cost of frame rate.

Like I said earlier. Make it an on/off option for pets and mags to show up.

Maybe also have an option to only view friends and/or alliance members pet and mags only.

Pet Visibility

O No pets O Friends And Alliance Pets X All Pets

(Hehe)

@Anarchy-Marine said in What I would love to see.:

This would be better placed in the in-games suggestion thread. That said, this idea would make lobby lag even worse. Sure, I'd like the idea, but not at the cost of frame rate.

if youre having issues with lobby frame rate its cause youre on a rig that can barely handle it. try turning down the amount of people rendered in. I run PSO2 on a PC that is now considered mid range and have zero issues. often times im even running BDO in the background too. One persons sub par (No offense I know PC parts are scarce right now) PC is not a reason to not impliment something. I think this idea would be great especially if there were some sort of transmutation pass or something to make all the summoners pets look different. or skins or something

@N00bie666 Its always smooth after maintenance, and gets progressively worse with time, regardless of how full a block is, or how many people are loaded in. For me, it seemed tied to the player store, because during the few times the store was disabled, (because of users that found duping exploits) the game had zero frame drops. I'm running this on a Xbox one, and prior to players finding, and using exploits, the game ran smooth, even on full blocks.

It's also a bit rude to tell someone to just hinder their enjoyment of the game by turning down player models, when one, that's not causing the issue, as that's already turned down to twelve, and two, you don't know the other players situation. I can run Black Desert Online with zero issues, and that's way more straining on my system, graphically wise. My comment that frames would get worse, hold up, given this games issues optimizing itself. Especially if I'm right, and the issues are in fact tied to an issue with the way the player store is tied to the rest of the game.

Just because your PC doesn't have issues, doesn't mean console gamers wouldn't. Even my friends One X has the same exact issue, the same exact way. It runs smooth after maintenance, then by Saturday, it's gotten screen lock ups, even on blocks with low player volume. PC is notoriously better at handling bugs, or in game issues than consoles are, Fallout 4 being a prime example.

Something like broken pre-combines for instance don't cause a crash on PC. Maybe minor frame loss, but never an outright CTD. Whereas on console, any broken Pre-combines leads to an outright crash, especially in Boston. I know because I've had full on conversations about this with Fallout 4 Mod authors, that make everything from scratch, and some even had a background in software engineering. You wouldn't personally notice if there were issues in game that your PC can run an auto adjustment for, but console players, who don't have that type of software, would definitely notice. That's why there's several threads about frame issues.

Console players will always have this issue, because unlike a full desktop PC, we as players don't have full control of the stuff running in the background, and we can't optimize our performance the same ways. Even if consoles were running the same hardware, it's the software that drives it, and Microsoft is notoriously bad at managing console software, let alone their issues with their windows software on PC. And any in game bugs that further strain stability, are as a result, that more likely to be noticed than it would be on PC.

@Anarchy-Marine said in What I would love to see.:

@N00bie666 Its always smooth after maintenance, and gets progressively worse with time, regardless of how full a block is, or how many people are loaded in. For me, it seemed tied to the player store, because during the few times the store was disabled, (because of users that found duping exploits) the game had zero frame drops. I'm running this on a Xbox one, and prior to players finding, and using exploits, the game ran smooth, even on full blocks.

It's also a bit rude to tell someone to just hinder their enjoyment of the game by turning down player models, when one, that's not causing the issue, as that's already turned down to twelve, and two, you don't know the other players situation. I can run Black Desert Online with zero issues, and that's way more straining on my system, graphically wise. My comment that frames would get worse, hold up, given this games issues optimizing itself. Especially if I'm right, and the issues are in fact tied to an issue with the way the player store is tied to the rest of the game.

Just because your PC doesn't have issues, doesn't mean console gamers wouldn't. Even my friends One X has the same exact issue, the same exact way. It runs smooth after maintenance, then by Saturday, it's gotten screen lock ups, even on blocks with low player volume. PC is notoriously better at handling bugs, or in game issues than consoles are, Fallout 4 being a prime example.

Something like broken pre-combines for instance don't cause a crash on PC. Maybe minor frame loss, but never an outright CTD. Whereas on console, any broken Pre-combines leads to an outright crash, especially in Boston. I know because I've had full on conversations about this with Fallout 4 Mod authors, that make everything from scratch, and some even had a background in software engineering. You wouldn't personally notice if there were issues in game that your PC can run an auto adjustment for, but console players, who don't have that type of software, would definitely notice. That's why there's several threads about frame issues.

Console players will always have this issue, because unlike a full desktop PC, we as players don't have full control of the stuff running in the background, and we can't optimize our performance the same ways. Even if consoles were running the same hardware, it's the software that drives it, and Microsoft is notoriously bad at managing console software, let alone their issues with their windows software on PC. And any in game bugs that further strain stability, are as a result, that more likely to be noticed than it would be on PC.

If you think its rude to tell someone to turn down the amount of models loaded in when ALL i knew was you were getting frame drops, not what platform you played on (Which in general troubleshooting situations doesnt normally matter mind you) I emplore you to never go to any game tech support forums. the FIRST thing people will tell you is to drop your graphics a bit and see if that helps. if your PSO2 enjoyment is tied to number of models loaded in, you might want to quit cause that just sounds like you cant find enjoyment elsewhere. I wasnt aware that people here were so entitled that suggesting legitimate technical advice (Given that this is an 8 year old game that should by all rights run on a potato with the exception of a few things, the main controllable one being player model count causing lag) is telling them to "Hinder their enjoyment".

Grow up. the actual technical advice that I gave, given the knowledge I had Is, was, and will always remain valid. id you refuse to try, thats on you, but it certainly wasnt mentioned to "Hinder your enjoyment".

@N00bie666 I love how you ignored everything else I said, including the part about it being smooth after maintenance, even with full blocks, and then progressively worsening over the course of the week, between maintenance, and how said lag seemed tied to player vending, as when said vending was shut off, (easiest example was back in October, as it was shut off for an entire week.) there was zero framerate loss, even on blocks filled to capacity. I even turned my settings all the way up just to see if anything changed, and guess what, it didn't. That said, on console, the issue would likely worsen with this specific idea, given the workload on the console, seems to be at it's current maximum, unless of course something is done to find the source of the issue. My settings are already turned down to the minimum number of players found in Urgents, and my game runs fine on those.

And this latest response from you is no better than the behavior seen from some of the others I've had to argue with on here. Plain selfishness on your part, and bad behavior all around. Even tech support would be reprimanded for such behavior, as the loss of one customer might not matter, but the loss of many due to one bad employee, with zero patience, and zero listening skills, would be fired on the spot. As that was not the case here, it's funny you even brought that up. You aren't tech support, and I have every right to voice my concern here. You've seen me walk all over people with simple truth, and I highly doubt you want that here. This is not hubris, as I know I'm not perfect, but that's what gives me an edge in discussions such as these. I'm not pridefully arrogant, something you seem to struggle with.