Please don't attack Nyau!

As the title states, please do not attack Nyau as it's causing an unnecessary time loss due to stunlock. If people just let Nyau do a swing or two, he will drop his sword and then can be instantly defeated by destroying it.

This is a bit annoying for people trying to hunt Skydance S8 in the Xmas UQ. I've had a lot of runs where Nyau spawns near the end, but we time out before we can even kill Dio Hyunal because people decided to spend like 20 secs to defeat Nyau by tiring him out instead of letting him drop his sword for quick defeat.

I understand not everybody reads this forum, but even just a small amount learning about this is good enough for me.

Thank you.

The problem isn't necessarily just attacking Nyau. Sometimes attacking him to cancel out his latest action is better, but the occasional problem is whoever has Nyau's enemy aggression keeps running away from him instead of standing next to him while attacking. This will cause Nyau to constantly chase that individual and waste time. The same thing also happens if his attention is constantly being bounced between multiple players attacking him.

To sum it up if you are the one attacking Nyau and holding his attention just stay next to him so you don't waste time.

@Bellion said in Please don't attack Nyau!:

The problem isn't necessarily just attacking Nyau. Sometimes attacking him to cancel out his latest action is better, but the occasional problem is whoever has Nyau's enemy aggression keeps running away from him instead of standing next to him while attacking. This will cause Nyau to constantly chase that individual and waste time. The same thing also happens if his attention is constantly being bounced between multiple players attacking him.

To sum it up if you are the one attacking Nyau and holding his attention just stay next to him so you don't waste time.

Thanks for your reply!

I've had Nyau be defeated by damage in the Christmas UQ a few times. (It can be done, just takes time.) It's the same as destroying his sword, but he won't chase someone like he would after his sword is destroyed. He can still summon a new boss on either occasion.

@coldreactive Once i tried solo if you can defeat him by attacking him without breaking the weapon and honestly the hardest part is trying to not break the weapon by accident to avoid watching him lose his marbles.

In the UQ, if everyone whales on him, he'll lose just as quickly as if you just broke the weapon. Not like it last that long regardless.

I understand OP's point. It takes much longer to kill him due to his high damage reduction, than just standing there and evading the thing at the last minute. Worst that could happen is that he doesn't trip on the first try. I only try to kill him when I'm doing solo stuff and bothering nobody. Otherwise, I go for the sword.

One funny thing to do as a Summoner is to kill his sword with your pet, then change or de-summon it. The dumb cat will spin in place with no target to run against. Other classes can make him spin by jumping high and staying in air through auto attacks or whatever.

@n_n said in Please don't attack Nyau!:

As the title states, please do not attack Nyau as it's causing an unnecessary time loss due to stunlock. If people just let Nyau do a swing or two, he will drop his sword and then can be instantly defeated by destroying it.

This is a bit annoying for people trying to hunt Skydance S8 in the Xmas UQ. I've had a lot of runs where Nyau spawns near the end, but we time out before we can even kill Dio Hyunal because people decided to spend like 20 secs to defeat Nyau by tiring him out instead of letting him drop his sword for quick defeat.

I understand not everybody reads this forum, but even just a small amount learning about this is good enough for me.

Thank you.

Thank you!

Yeah, in solo, I've whomped on him until he stopped while ignoring his weapon just to see if it could be done. I've seen it happen in the Christmas urgent as well.

first i would like to say: i didn't know this.. neat information..

second.. i've not even gotten close on any of the hardest difficulty runs i've been in and i assume it's cuz others, like me, don't know the strat to doing it correctly.. (and no one discusses it really in game..) sooo..

care to dispel the fog of ignorance and give me a sort of guide or at least a list of "gotta do this or else" things so that i can share in game.

cuz i would like to beat it at least once before it's gone.. 😕

It takes like 10 seconds to kill him though. Have people gotten so gung ho they have to complain about a few seconds? The mission takes 10 minutes regardless of anything else so I'm not sure why the annoyance.

@WoollierTiara12 Don't rush too far ahead since the bosses can spawn on any of the MPA members. Similarly, don't lag way behind. You can start moving immediately after you finish filling the guage for Mr. Bwomf and still get the buff, but nothing will actually spawn until he disappears so just do what your group does. Other than that it's just little refinements to your gameplay and enemy knowledge that will speed things up. That and luck. I'll type up some stuff that could improve your run.

Gameplay oriented hints:

The Collection Folder weapons are actually stronger than Atlas EX and Trailblazer. There's a hidden 15% damage bonus so grabbing those could help.

Keep your MPA buffed if no one else is. If you play a class with fast movement options you can zoom to the front of the MPA and use Blood React Jet Boots to drop an instant Shifta that lasts after you swap weapons back for people to run through. It refreshes duration even if a Te buff is up. Similarly, Ph sub can make use of speedcasted Zanverse since the damage is the same across all classes (Te just gets a bigger field). It's arguably a better use of your time to get those two ~20% buffs up than to refine your own gameplay. You're basically adding on 3-4 players worth of damage assuming you keep them on the entire MPA and then sit there doing nothing else as a non-Te. It's worth it to drop out of a DPS phase to rebuff if the rest of your team is carrying their weight in damage.

If you see someone inflicted with Confusion and you can use Anti fast, consider casting it on them to save time. Also, if you have a quick vacuum ability you can pull the first spawn of trash mobs out of the way to let people lock onto the boss easier. Sometimes they end up overlapping and make locking on difficult.

If you find a double boss event, look to see if someone marks only one with Blight Rounds. Kill that one first. If you have aggro, try to keep the weak spots facing the rest of your MPA and not in a wall. Also, if you have aggro try not to drag them across the map. I haven't seen it happen here yet, but it's really annoying when it does.

Enemy oriented hints:

Most bosses can be stunned by certain status effects. I don't know if it still works on UH variants though. It's usually one of the elements it's weak to. The exception is Leomaduraad, which freaks out and runs around if you light it on fire. Don't do that.

Zeta Granz does the same thing as Zeshraider where smashing a leg opens a weak point and stuns it. Gryphon also gets stunned, but you have to take all four of them out. You can AoE Gwanada tentacles and it actually hits all of them. Dio Hyunal does a PP drain if it survives the down phase after smashing both arms, so back off and then dump on it during the wind down afterwards if you're not barely about to beat it.

• tl;dr: Stick close to group and don't go ahead or fall behind. Keep Shifta/Zanverse up if no one else is and stun bosses in any way possible. CF weapons are really good.