Fo/Ph vs Fo/Te A Single (Boss) DPS Comparison

For anyone that may be interested I’ve recorded runs on some of the more common runs used for single DPS Comparison. These being Solo PD, Deus (Madness & Phantasim), Phaleg, and Omega Masq. Each one done with fo/tech and fo/ph, using the exact same gear and all with level 95 classes. The results may surprise you.

https://youtu.be/y7oxReFnXmE

Are you using DEX Mag for both? Because putting Tech Mag and using Light damage skill bonus and the fact that the bosses are weak to light doesn't do Phantom Justice.

Try it on the rockbear damage calculation thing next time.

@coldreactive no I have tech mag for my techter sub, and a dex mag for phantom sub, both are level 200

Edit: I just double checked my load outs for each and I have a 200 tech mag set for each atm

@coldreactive said in Fo/Ph vs Fo/Te A Single (Boss) DPS Comparison:

Are you using DEX Mag for both? Because putting Tech Mag and using Light damage skill bonus and the fact that the bosses are weak to light doesn't do Phantom Justice.

Try it on the rockbear damage calculation thing next time.

The thing is with rock bear the enemies just don’t stay still like so is not a accurate reflection of how it would perform in an actual run. Not all the bosses are weak to light Phaleg isn’t for example, and you should check out masq at the end, phantom matches Techter in each one, and actually out performs it against masq. I say this because generally techter sub is considered the best sub for bossing, with Etoile just behind, and most people consider phantom to be the weakest, which isn’t the case

Ph sub always gonna deal less damage per hit than using Te after all you are removing 3 element bonus and that is a significant bonus, also Ph charging reduction reduces the damage of Techs, so the damage per tech using Ph as sub with Fo will always gonna be lower than using Te but the number of techs that can be used will always be higher

I don't believe Fo/Ph is considered weaker, it is just that to perform high on it you are mainly sticking with lightning techs for damage. Any quest that gizonde or zonde-0 can excel at, sub Ph will shine quite a bit. You still use other element (including light - gigrants-0 for mobbing and grantz for pin-point hits) for support and situational cases but lightning will be your main focus in damage.

@HarmlessSyan said in Fo/Ph vs Fo/Te A Single (Boss) DPS Comparison:

I don't believe Fo/Ph is considered weaker, it is just that to perform high on it you are mainly sticking with lightning techs for damage. Any quest that gizonde or zonde-0 can excel at, sub Ph will shine quite a bit. You still use other element (including light - gigrants-0 for mobbing and grantz for pin-point hits) for support and situational cases but lightning will be your main focus in damage.

I don’t mean in general, fo/ph is extremely good for mobbing, I was referring specifically to single DPS damage, and compared to the other subs Techer and Etoile is generally considered the weakest in that regard. Though has a I showed the difference in most runs is marginal at best, and against Masq phantom sub outperformed techter sub quite a bit, just because the extra speed of phantom sub allowed you to run around a lot of attacks and were able to spend more time attacking compared to techter sub, were you had to dodge a lot of attacks.

I think this idea that phantom sub is considered weaker for single dps comes from rockbear. In a 20sec test techter sub will out damage phantom sub, but that test doesn’t take into enemy attacks, dodging and repositioning, knockback and interruptions, which is where phantom really shines, and can basically match techter sub even in single dps.

This test is completely biased and doesn't work as proof for anything.

@ZENCHI said in Fo/Ph vs Fo/Te A Single (Boss) DPS Comparison:

How is this test biased? I love techter sub, have spent an insane amount of of hours playing force/techter. Each class had the exact same units and weapon, affixes and mag. I tried to do each run has fast as possible with with each class.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Fo/Ph vs Fo/Te A Single (Boss) DPS Comparison:

How is this test biased? I love techter sub, have spent an insane amount of of hours playing force/techter. Each class had the exact same units and weapon, affixes and mag. I did runs against multiple enemies, I tried to do each run has fast as possible with with each class.

Nice double post.

You're using light techs against light weak enemies.

Phantom has a lot less Light tech damage bonus, and also misses the element weakness bonus Te has.

The damage difference in these exact conditions is huge, the DPS not so much because of Ph's bonuses.

Nice double post.

You're using light techs against light weak enemies.

Phantom has a lot less Light tech damage bonus, and also misses the element weakness bonus Te has.

The damage difference in these exact conditions is huge, the DPS not so much because of Ph's bonuses.

Yes, I went back to edit it, and it accidental double posted, you point is?

Firstly not all the enemies are light weak, Phaleg isn’t for example.

I don’t see what your problem is? You basically just summed up my video for me, despite phantom not having the light masteries or the elemental weakness of tech sub, it was still able to match techter sub in every run. In Solo PD, Deus, and Phaleg the difference was a matter of seconds either way, and against Masq, where you could really take advantage of phantom tech sprint charge, actually did a lot better than techter sub. The summary of the video is that in single DPS they are very evenly matched.