My Suggestions for the Engine Update to come with NGS

As per this topic: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7757/if-you-could-what-would-you-add-to-ngs -- I wanted to make one specifically for PSO2's engine update coming soon with the arrival of NGS. These suggestions aren't for NGS specifically, rather, they are for PSO2 (the base game.)

• I want to be able to switch between the two UI/HUD Styles in PSO2.
  • More chances at larger zone configurations. (IE: more 2x2 randomization and configuration of quest instances.)
  • Higher/Longer/Larger render distance in quests.
  • Swap the static image of ships in the default Alliance Quarters for real 3D Models.
  • Stamps should be available in PSO2 as well.
  • With the addition of eyelash coloring to NGS, the PSO2 base game should remove eyelash fashion tickets except for those that change the actual style/texture rather than the color. (The game is completely capable of adding a color to them.) Players should receive an SG refund of at least 400 for this addition. The PSO2 base game's eyelashes should also have color options added.
  • Height restrictions should be changed back to their Japanese ranges.
  • Adding more Photon Color options to most weapons, rather than a select few. (Such as the default Harmonizer, etc.) (Also removal of the "Red" weapon series, as a result.)

@coldreactive I think they could also use this opportunity to add some better options for custom content filtering, or "censoring" if you will. By enabling it as a feature users could control, there could also be an implementation that would allow certain regions with restricted content to permanently have those specific custom filters enabled, where as countries with less restrictions can enjoy the full experience.

It could also help those who are caught in-between, don't want forced censorship but would like better options to restrict what they personally see.

May be a crazy suggestions, but I believe technology has advanced to a point to enable some of these options to individual preference.

the current PSO2 game is not getting anything outside of an engine update. this was made clear months ago. further SEGA NA is only distributing it. if you have any suggestions id put them in the JP forums as any suggestions about a feature solely being developed by JP falls on deaf ears here

@N00bie666 said in My Suggestions for the Engine Update to come with NGS:

the current PSO2 game is not getting anything outside of an engine update.

Many of the points like render distance were about the engine update, or other visual changes that are configurable. I do agree that making changes to PSO2 physiques (such as eyebrow colours, which would give trouble to various colour-variant scratch eyebrows) is asking too much though.

Perhaps the option to change weapons' photon colours was more a request for NGS weapons. What we've seen to far seems to have a lot more shaped photon glow and a lot less physical weapon, so that'd make sense.

The suggestion I'd most like to make is dramatic improvements on anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering and mip-mapping. Prologue 1 gave us a glimpse of the Gate Area in the new engine and it looked like the stairs still had those horridly ugly white edges that shimmer when you move near them or rotate the camera. That has to be something that can be improved on, or at the very least not obfuscated anymore (GameGuard?) so we can force it with our video card drivers.

@N00bie666 ngs is the new era for ps02. Cross over with genshin impact. Would be special

@Golden_Syrup I loved genshin when I played it, but due to the potential consequences of making stamina type systems (By that I mean systems like the resin system) acceptable in PC/console gaming I had to quit. so, I would love a genshin crossover.

@N00bie666 said in My Suggestions for the Engine Update to come with NGS:

@Golden_Syrup I loved genshin when I played it, but due to the potential consequences of making stamina type systems (By that I mean systems like the resin system) acceptable in PC/console gaming I had to quit. so, I would love a genshin crossover.

I quit because I suck at most of the elemental bosses that are required to get ascension items from. (I don't mean the shards, I mean the items that only drop from them.) No, I'm not taking advice on them, I've already done that four times, and I still suck.

I'd prefer to out-level things like in PSO2.