Phantom Time Gauge Build

Is it supposed to be that slow? I'm used to hero and man it take a lot to get it up to where its usable. Any tricks I'm missing that the game doesn't tell you?

Each photon art you use as a Phantom decays over time in terms of how much meter you build for the Phantom Gauge. This is similar to the Hero except the Hero can reset their meter building by swapping weapons (which is why weapon swapping is encouraged). The Phantom gets to reset theirs upon detonating a fully-formed Phantom Mark (when it turns purple).

As a result it is very normal that in most quests you might never actually use Phantom Time or that when you do you might only be able to use it once - or rarely twice. The fastest weapon to build the Phantom Mark (subsequently with the weakest detonation) is the Rifle with the slowest weapon (and the strongest detonation) being the Katana. If you took the skill "Lord of Thorns" except your Marker Buildup to be even slower.

While it is similar to Hero Focus, don't actually focus on using multiple attacks and weapons for the sake of Phantom Time (this goes for Hero as well). Phantom Time is very nice but it's not a major buff that it's worth gimping yourself in combat.

For big focus gains though, plant the detonation bomb with Rifle and let it hit a lot of targets every so often.

@VanillaLucia said in Phantom Time Gauge Build:

Each photon art you use as a Phantom decays over time in terms of how much meter you build for the Phantom Gauge. This is similar to the Hero except the Hero can reset their meter building by swapping weapons (which is why weapon swapping is encouraged). The Phantom gets to reset theirs upon detonating a fully-formed Phantom Mark (when it turns purple).

As a result it is very normal that in most quests you might never actually use Phantom Time or that when you do you might only be able to use it once - or rarely twice. The fastest weapon to build the Phantom Mark (subsequently with the weakest detonation) is the Rifle with the slowest weapon (and the strongest detonation) being the Katana. If you took the skill "Lord of Thorns" except your Marker Buildup to be even slower.

It's very normal for me to only get two pixels worth of gauge on rod, because I don't like using the other phantom weapons.