Swimming

Swimming added to pso2:ngs Time for a pool party

I'm so happy for this to be a thing in NGS. Now we can put those swimsuits to good use.

I hope there will be some underwater combat/activities. If only at some point.

o/ =^.^=

@KnightHarb1nger said in Swimming:

I hope there will be some underwater combat/activities. If only at some point.

o/ =^.^=

One of the people on the video said they want to see ocean combat too. But I doubt it's going to be a thing. The devs would want to make unique underwater combat animations. Because Japanese devs are finicky and like to have details. I know Perfect World International (Which is a Chinese game) just uses standard above ground models for both flying and underwater combat. But JP devs don't really like doing that.

Pretty much every MMO that has underwater combat is either western, or KR/CN. I've said this before, but JP doesn't make MMOs usually.

Underwater combat is one of the things that makes Guild Wars 2 so unique. I wish more games adapted to things like that. Heck, maybe not even combat and just exploration. Though, PSO2 does have a full planet and species dedicated to the ocean. I felt that was kind of a missed opportunity.

Please no underwater combat, I’ve utterly hated in every game I played. The camera is never perfect, it feels awkward and clunky. If they’re going with underwater combat it needs to work absolutely flawless.

Even GW2 which is the smoothest I’ve played, the camera is still irritating.

And definitely nothing like Monster Hunter Tri, the underwater combat literally ruined the game.

Also I don’t own a swimsuit, aw crum. 😞

underwater combat is like flipping a coin, or is good or is bad, there's no middle term so I hope they don't decide to do it even more when consider that Sega doesn't have a good register of doing good underwater combats

@Jamesmor said in Swimming:

underwater combat is like flipping a coin, or is good or is bad, there's no middle term so I hope they don't decide to do it even more when consider that Sega doesn't have a good register of doing good underwater combats

Flying combat is also like flipping a coin. It can also be quite unbearable.

I'm looking at you FlyFF.

@coldreactive said in Swimming:

@Jamesmor said in Swimming:

Flying combat is also like flipping a coin. It can also be quite unbearable.

I'm looking at you FlyFF.

Nothing like a case of the rid"roids" to ground your arse.. 🙀 😼

o/ =^.^=

Well, anything that removes the ground off a player's feet and gives up and down movement can be a "flip of a coin". That way, underwater combat in PSO2's Wopal areas would be pretty much akin to the current space UQ, just slower. It all depends on the controls and maneuverability of the character/vehicle the player is tasked to control.

Though as I said before, another option for underwater adventures would be to keep it as an exploration side activity without combat. One example, I personally loathe fishing in games. And would rather have a mode where I could go underwater catching the stuff by myself instead of using a rod and line. But guess which is the easiest for any dev to do and call it a "new" mode in any game with a patch of water.

Underwater fighting didn't ruin Monster Hunter 3 for me. I got the hang of it well enough to solo Abyss Lagiacrus without issues. Alatreon was a lot more difficult for me.

So the most important question: Can i fight underwater? If no, whatever. If yes, great! They could change fishing into diving in and fighting giant monster fish. While they're at it, change harvesting into fighting plant/rock monsters so you can harvest their remains. That would be awesome.

AIS Vega combat is effectively in the same conditions as underwater. I don't see them not introducing underwater combat.

@CalvinaCoulange said in Swimming:

Underwater fighting didn't ruin Monster Hunter 3 for me. I got the hang of it well enough to solo Abyss Lagiacrus without issues. Alatreon was a lot more difficult for me.

I absolutely hated the camera and controls. It didn’t feel harder, per say, just very annoying. I was so happy to play MH3U which removed all the water. It was a nice idea and hey, Tri gave us that cute furry whale boss so it wasn’t all bad.

If they do underwater fights, here's hoping they do it right. Either way, definitely hoping to get some use out of those swimwear outfits I bought.