Graphics engine confirmed update in February.

https://www.siliconera.com/pso2-pc-version-graphics-engine-update-will-appear-in-february/

Time to get a new pc! Looks like they are updating the old game 1st before ngs comes around.

I don't think they gonna update the engine right away and more they gonna start testing out the new engine, remember this is not just a new graphic this is a overall new engine so it will have problems that will only gonna appear when they start testing out

A bit more details on this. In the announcement, they didn't tell about the actual requirements and they said they'd need some more time to make the final decision on that. So we can probably wait till the actual specs are revealed. Still they clearly said the requirements would be higher than now. Perhaps it's time to plan for a new PC, if needed.

The original announcement (http://pso2.jp/players/news/27262/).

EDIT: @Jamesmor I personally don't think they'll do some testing before they put the new engine actually to the field. The announcement is not talking about the possibility of the graphic engine update, rather about their schedule of the update.

Unless some serious issue is found in the first CBT of NGS, which will be held just before this update, I think they'll go forward as planned (in JP server, of course).

@Fiona-Respha well is hard to tell without knowing from inside so this is just speculations I do believe they gonna test both engines separated while NGS server and engine is being tested, they gonna make a different run with the servers of PSO2.

But the only ones that know what is gonna be done is Sega so wait and hope.

@Jamesmor Indeed, it's not very productive speculating among players, especially when there's Prologue 1 broadcast today 😄

@Jamesmor On the official website that Fiona linked it pretty much says that the base PSO2 (JP PC version) is getting the engine upgrade in mid february, and that they're still determining the system requirements (which implies that the NGS beta requirements are not the same as the base PSO2 requirements with the engine upgrade, which makes sense since the base PSO2 doesn't have the huge fields and such).

When do the Global Severs get the engine update? If there is any word on that.

@Cblanc said in Graphics engine confirmed update in February.:

When do the Global Severs get the engine update? If there is any word on that.

JP update delayed to March. No word from global.

I don't think we can properly guess when global will get this graphical update until we get 100% caught up in content.

We still have a few things left, if I recall.

@SuccubusAlice EN has been getting system updates earlier than content updates though. EN has already caught up to JP's system updates (JP December's class balancing), but content wise it's between July and Octobers's content currently (July's urgent quest, September's class, October's extreme quest).

At the very least the graphics update won't happen until March though, since the JP update got delayed until March.

How will this effect Xbox user?

@RainGnyu Hopefully it means a more stable and consistent engine that would lead to either performance gains if the engine was optimized more or that unfortunately performance might take a hit if the bump in minimum requirements (which hits low-end PC's more than they hit the consoles) do end up raising the bar for similar performance. I am hoping that at this point Sega is able to optimize the game for consoles as New Genesis is intended to be playable on consoles with my assumption being that the PlayStation 4 players are a priority and that hopefully the Xbox One players are treated as a priority too. I am not too concerned over the Switch version of the game considering that it is still a cloud-based stream and that should not have too many difficulties.

I am very hopeful that they will be using the Unreal Engine for the Graphical Update. Only because , It can achieve the overall asthetics that they are looking for along with the fact that you really don't need a Beefy PC set-up, However - The game will be able to achieve overall better graphical content. That's what I am hopefull for. Also- it would be nice to have a PC spec requirement up as soon as possible.

@Sakesubaki That just wouldn't be possible, they pretty much would have to remake PSO2 for that.

Also, minimum requirements (tier 1 graphics, 30fps) are already up for the graphics engine update.

• Intel Core i3 4150 (AVX support required)
  • 8GB RAM
  • 80GB HDD
  • NVIDIA Geforce GT430 or AMD Radeon HD5570

http://pso2.jp/players/news/27417/

There must be a global counterpart of the announcement Ezodagrom mentioned. This graphical engine update rules out some of the low-spec PC players from playing the game. I don't think they'll announce about the system requirement change after the update, not even a few days before the update (which is a pretty common case on the global server). I hope they'll announce it at least two weeks before.