Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!

Kind of odd some of this toxicity seems to stem from hearsay. Any MMO has rude players, unfortunately comes with the territory. FFXIV is one of the most wholesome communities, especially in the cities. I met my guild family there years ago so I’ll always have a soft spot for it.

As for dungeons/raids, I can count on one hand how many times someone said something about a player causing a wipe or even leeching. The worst thing you typically see is a tank explaining mechanics after 2+ wipes. You can vote kick anyone truly being mean & awful anyway, everyone is aware of this so it keeps a lot of jerks in check.

The crystal tower raids were made mandatory to story because they’re important to the story. They’re very easy, I’m a terrible raid player and I can even heal them now. Players are even more patient now because a lot of new players are in the group.

Rooms set up to pick up speed/loot runs or recruiting a static member will be a lot more critical because you have to be what they’re looking for. Likewise people will make progression or newbie friendly rooms so new players can do a fight without mechanics being spoiled for them. There’s something for everyone.

The mechanics in their dungeons are clever and make runs a lot of fun. My only two complaints about the game are the combat is very boring compared to PSO2 and I’ve always hated their basic character maker.

My ideal MMO would be the lovechild of those two. I want the brilliant story writing, the rich dungeon/raid designs and the actually fun pvp from FFXIV and I want the fashion/character creation, classes and smooth combat of PSO2.

Interesting read. In regards to the selfish/rude, I got mine types, that's common place anywhere online, especially in MMO's. The best thing you as the individual can do, is lead by example, and not become the people you detest. In that same light, in those same communities, you will always find on the other end of the spectrum, kind, caring, compassionate, and understanding folk, that will have your back as long as their character isn't dead. Dont suffer for fools, move on with your day, and enjoy the game, always remembering that the next bad, player related experience, is right around the corner. If you don't expect the best out of everyone, you won't be let down when they do something selfish, and will always be pleasantly surprised when they take the time to do something selfless.

Altruistic behavior is always best received and appreciated when it comes as a welcomed surprise, like a birthday, or Christmas present from a loved one. Or in this case, a moon atomizer from a teammate, right in the thick of battle, after you, and you alone went down on an urgent.

@Milk said in Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!:

Kind of odd some of this toxicity seems to stem from hearsay. Any MMO has rude players, unfortunately comes with the territory. FFXIV is one of the most wholesome communities, especially in the cities. I met my guild family there years ago so I’ll always have a soft spot for it.

As for dungeons/raids, I can count on one hand how many times someone said something about a player causing a wipe or even leeching. The worst thing you typically see is a tank explaining mechanics after 2+ wipes. You can vote kick anyone truly being mean & awful anyway, everyone is aware of this so it keeps a lot of jerks in check.

As a pretty avid XIV player, I think the XIV community is probably a little nicer than most, but honestly not by much. The biggest difference is that GMs will take action on your account for much smaller insults/issues than in other games, which makes people play nice in-game and then go to their discord/FC chats to trash talk the people they just ran with to their friends instead. You just don't get the people calling people bad to their faces in game type of behavior since it's easy to get GM-slapped, but they'll definitely start that kind of talk in other places.

@Akonyl said in Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!:

@Milk said in Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!:

As a pretty avid XIV player, I think the XIV community is probably a little nicer than most, but honestly not by much. The biggest difference is that GMs will take action on your account for much smaller insults/issues than in other games, which makes people play nice in-game and then go to their discord/FC chats to trash talk the people they just ran with to their friends instead. You just don't get the people calling people bad to their faces in game type of behavior since it's easy to get GM-slapped, but they'll definitely start that kind of talk in other places.

At least new players don’t have to see that in game though, the GMs are amazing. They can’t control what happens outside the game and I’m sure there’s nasty gossip elsewhere. I just want my world to stay a welcoming environment, which so far they do a good job. Lots of hosted FC parties in the cities, Bards playing concerts, people taking sprouts on their first adventures. It’s good. Sure we would have more bad apples if the GMs were more lenient but luckily they’re there to keep bullies in check.

literally just ban mainland china. thats where theyre coming from. why do you think there isnt many goldsellers in JP anymore. sure some exist but 90% of them went away after mainland china was banned