Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!

@Milk FFXIV also has a massive elitist mentality that will kick you and refuse to group with you if one your not min maxing and two not considered a top tier class. Basically the exact same BS that was one of the key reason MS2 failed. Your not even given a chance to see if you can do the content even once nope just "Oh your not playing the top tier DPS of the month?" party kick. The reason they introduced the mentor system is to give elitist fucks a reason to stop being elites fucks but end of the day won't be enough to stop that form of BS thinking over a video game.

@Omae-Wa-Mou-Shindeiru Ya simply putting a price cap on items would stop it. But for some reason most this community is against that idea for reasons they won't explain.

@Aquila-ibis said in Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!:

@Milk FFXIV also has a massive elitist mentality that will kick you and refuse to group with you if one your not min maxing and two not considered a top tier class.

idk about that one...at least on heavy german populated servers i rarely find that kinda stuff happening...you join a guild and almost instantly being asked "wich stuff youre missing" or "wich raids you wanna run" - normal raids are super easy and dont require much...hard raids can be practiced over and over until you get used to the raid boss mechanic no matter what class youre using....i never got kicked once from a raid because im not using a top tier class - but some raids do have some friendly reminder that healers should be doing dps and not stand around afk/overhealing....thats the "roughest" i have seen so far

the problem with level restrictions lets say "only level 20+ can trade" or "if you finished xy quest you can trade" bots will adapt to it...by the time you get to ban a lv 20 bot there are 2 more lv 20...i have seen and screenshotted a whole army of bots on one ship who all been lv 33 running together like some ant army

as for the rmt....uff there been so many good suggestions already but nothing has been done so far...one can hope that NG is going to be "better"

@Milk FFXIV also has a massive elitist mentality that will kick you and refuse to group with you if one your not min maxing and two not considered a top tier class. Basically the exact same BS that was one of the key reason MS2 failed. Your not even given a chance to see if you can do the content even once nope just "Oh your not playing the top tier DPS of the month?" party kick. The reason they introduced the mentor system is to give elitist fucks a reason to stop being elites fucks but end of the day won't be enough to stop that form of BS thinking over a video game.

Well now I have to ask what you mean by “group”. People make party rooms but they usually label what they’re looking for, like X class for static parties or top tier players for speed/loot runs. You will get kicked if you don’t meet those requirements but that’s upfront before you join. Progression/clear parties are more lenient, you just need to be the ilvl.

As for being choosey over which classes they’ll take for their party, some classes just benefit more than others for speedruns or statics.

I’ve literally never seen players kicked from parties in regular dungeons, raids or primal fights over gear unless they were literally not wearing any.

@JuggernautGTX true some people will do it so not going to eliminate these kinds bots completely. But still better than what we have now were someone can booting up the bot software have it auto create a character an instantly start spamming chat with messages a few seconds later. At-least with a level restriction on chat it will take the bot 1-2 hours to start spamming chat rather than the10 mins it takes now. An it will discourage these people using these bots. Cause simply put the people doing RMT in this game are doing it for quick buck I doubt they do this for a living since extremely unstable income an they usually go to the most popular MMO they can find that allows for the least amount of work effort and time to set up as they can (which now a days is extemely rare to find since game's either have some systems in place to discourage this practice or are P2P). An the only way they can even advertise their illegal service is through in game systems. So if they need to spend 2 hours setting up what should be their simplest bot that also the one being contently banned multiple times a day well than they'll just find a different game and community to pray on that requires less effort and time. Which is exactly why there so many bots in PSO2 right now cause it currently the one of easiest games to do this on.

@Milk Everyone I've talked to about FFXIV has quit that game. An everyone of them has said they quit for the same reason because it toxic elitist player base. An honestly I can't blame them elitist mind sets in video game's are the worst people to play with they'll judge everything you do in a game from how you designed to character to outfits you put on it. I'd rather deal with BDO toxic community than bunch of elitist fucks any day because BDO toxicity in end of the day is just a bunch of bored players that tired of grinding for 100+ hours so they could fail at upgrading their gear again, so they decide fuck it I'm just gonna go blow off steam and grief someone. Simply put BDO community is only toxic because that game is rage inducing with it endless dull grind and unrewarding progression, but FFXIV there no excuses for elitisms in that game since there zero penalty for failing a raid from what I understand.

An since FFXIV has very similar group systems as MS2 an elitisms was a major problem in that game too ya I believe those people when they say the game is full of elitist fucks kicking you out of the party for stupid reasons.

@Omae-Wa-Mou-Shindeiru Ya simply putting a price cap on items would stop it. But for some reason most this community is against that idea for reasons they won't explain.

Such an idea would destroy the player market and even if said items were capped the bots will just use stolen credit cards to bypass it since it is not their money that is getting spent.

I always hear super negative things about the FFXIV community constantly and partly the reason I stay away from the game besides being a subscription based MMO like WOW and it being boring alone from what I tried in the free trial.

An since FFXIV has very similar group systems as MS2 an elitisms was a major problem in that game too ya I believe those people when they say the game is full of elitist fucks kicking you out of the party for stupid reasons

@YagyuChan said in Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!:

I always hear super negative things about the FFXIV community constantly and partly the reason I stay away from the game besides being a subscription based MMO like WOW and it being boring alone from what I tried in the free trial.

Any elitist/toxicity comes from any game. Whether its FPS/MOBA/RTS/MMORPG community, even single player community.

It's kind of funny how people say "FF14 is so toxic" and "WoW is so toxic" or even "League is toxic"/"BDO is toxic", but that's any online game in general.

Even PSO2 has its moments of toxic community and toxic elitist behaviors too.

The only thing that matters about PSO2 that differs from WoW/FF14 is nothing but being Sci-Fi fantasy MMORPG that's been active for more than 8 years. Nothing more.

@YagyuChan I don't see reason cap would destory economy not asking for min caps just max caps like what Runescape does. So you can sell say unit for any price you won't as long as said unit not being posted for over 10m. An right now were following the same trend JP is an JP has something that really kills a game's economy an that inflation. Inflation so bad in that game it made it so if you want to buy something you either have 30 alts and do every weekly you can to buy something or you swipe your card on AC items and sell them in the market. As casual player on JP if you can't do these two things than player trading may as well be disabled for you.

@LapisWave some game communities are more toxic than others. BDO for instance almost anyone will come into your rotation grief you for hours try get you killed by mobs (which if you don't know dying by mobs in BDO is bad thing you loss hours of hard earned work if one kills you its the last thing you want happening after you've been grinding for 5 hours.) an shit talk you endless until either you log off or they leave. An because there no rules as to what can be said in BDO beside the N word for some reason people will run around screaming death threats at each other. An like said this is because the game is designed to be a dull endless grind with unrewarding progression thus people find greifing and being toxic as content in that game.

A game is usually as toxic in way the system is made. In MS2 80% of the player base were elitist fucks that only wanted top tier classes with end game gear so they could slam through all their weekly in less than an hour. An brag about how quickly they could clear a dungeon. This was because dungeon were the only form of content in that game as well as the clear time leaderboard was the only thing anyone ever cared or talked about because there was nothing else to do in the game. An from what I hear FFXIV encourages people to clear dungeons as quickly and as fast as they can as well an it's GMs are ok with addons that let you see the dps output of other players thus the game is full of elitist fuck from what I hear.

Mean while ESO grouping for dungeon completely random (as long as your not already in party with 3 other people) cause how that game is designed is you literally press a button and your put in a dungeon que not knowing who you'll be parted with. An on top of that the game's GMs also ban users who have been know to show elitism behavior. So there systems in place that not only make it hard for elitist players to be picky about their party members but also if there reported for being an elitist fuck they've been know to receive bans for it.

@YagyuChan I don't see reason cap would destory economy not asking for min caps just max caps like what Runescape does. So you can sell say unit for any price you won't as long as said unit not being posted for over 10m. An right now were following the same trend JP is an JP has something that really kills a game's economy an that inflation. Inflation so bad in that game it made it so if you want to buy something you either have 30 alts and do every weekly you can to buy something or you swipe your card on AC items and sell them in the market. As casual player on JP if you can't do these two things than player trading may as well be disabled for you.

I don’t disagree with you just that is how people see it if they swipe $50 AC on their card for items to sell on the market to only get like 15 million meseta total it is frustrating as well but I agree that the economy needs to be balanced since nobody should be forced to swipe their card or play 30 alts weeklies (I understand cause I have 24 characters on JP and I cba to do the weekly missions)

@LapisWave some game communities are more toxic than others. BDO for instance almost anyone will come into your rotation grief you for hours try get you killed by mobs (which if you don't know dying by mobs in BDO is bad thing you loss hours of hard earned work if one kills you its the last thing you want happening after you've been grinding for 5 hours.) an shit talk you endless until either you log off or they leave. An because there no rules as to what can be said in BDO beside the N word for some reason people will run around screaming death threats at each other. An like said this is because the game is designed to be a dull endless grind with unrewarding progression thus people find greifing and being toxic as content in that game.

A game is usually as toxic in way the system is made. In MS2 80% of the player base were elitist fucks that only wanted top tier classes with end game gear so they could slam through all their weekly in less than an hour. An brag about how quickly they could clear a dungeon. This was because dungeon were the only form of content in that game as well as the clear time leaderboard was the only thing anyone ever cared or talked about because there was nothing else to do in the game. An from what I hear FFXIV encourages people to clear dungeons as quickly and as fast as they can as well an it's GMs are ok with addons that let you see the dps output of other players thus the game is full of elitist fuck from what I hear.

I looked up a little info as i was considering trying BDO, but since PvP was madatory to progress, i simply decided against buying it.

I'm sure you are aware that most "toxicity" comes from raids and PvP for obvious reasons. I didn't have to deal with any of that in FFXIV until some moron(s) at SE decided to make raiding mandatory to progress in the MSQ. If forcing raiding on people works once, it will work again, so i quit to avoid all that.

The real problem in FFXIV dungeons isn't that people are in a hurry and use some DPS meter, but the fact that they can just get 1 or 2 friends to cover for them while they watch netflix, or simply all watch netflix and make sure none of their friends get kicked. As soon as i had played with all classes close to max level, it became painfully obvious and since team work is mandatory to succeed in dungeons, it was just plain stupid. It's especially stupid in FFXIV since you need to pay to play the game, why do they pay and do everything in their power to avoid playing it? Incredibly dumb. Basically the exact opposite of being quick. I'm in no rush, but watching people stand in stupid and dying over and over is discouraging. You could say they are new, but FFXIV lets everyone know if there is a first timer in the dungeon, so they can't lie about that.

@Yggranya No the toxicity in BDO has nothing to do with the NW or siege in that game. In fact NW war and Siege are most PVP heavy content in that game but also the most civil and toxicity is rarely seen during them an if it is it usually ends in someone being G kicked. Hell even on the one server that encourages PVP people are running around KOS each other left and right an rarely does anyone decide to be a toxic fuck while it happen. People in that game are toxic for the exact reason I stated the game grind is dull and boring and is literally endless so people get extremely bored so they'll go out of there way to find people grind so they can grief them. An the lack of monitors issuing bans for people literally telling other people to kill each other doesn't help with the toxic attitude. The toxicity in BDO has nothing to do with it being PVP focused at all it because the game is just so dull and boring at time that acting like a dick in game just livens it up at times.

Also idk what you heard but you don't need to PVP once to progress in that game. In fact PVP is completely unrewarding in BDO if it was rewarding than maybe the game's community wouldn't be so toxic, but no it just isn't rewarding. The only rewarding content is spending 1000s of hours killing mobs in the same spot over and over again endless for attempt to upgrade your gear. I've play BDO for 3 years I know what I'm talking about and why the community so toxic. I my self have gotten so bored of the grind that I decided some days I'm just gonna take a brake from grinding and just spend the day griefing people.

An from what I hear FFXIV encourages people to clear dungeons as quickly and as fast as they can as well an it's GMs are ok with addons that let you see the dps output of other players thus the game is full of elitist fuck from what I hear.

i need to be honest here...i have never ever heard of that before...that you have to clear dungeons fast??? i mean its typical that the tank rushes forward in normal dungeons and gathers mobs so theyre being aoed quickly - but thats mostly for low level dungeons or if its possible in a lil higher dungeon....as for the actual extreme content of the game ya theyre always asking for you to be experienced and good because they dont want to whipe 24/7 unless its a new group that forms and is asking for new people to "train a specific fight" with them...the normal versions of those extreme fights are relatively easy and dont require for you to be "super good" theyre more or less a way to "get used to the bosses mechanic" and are actually enough to get "good gear" - extreme is really just for experienced people who know the fights well and dont whipe their team