Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!

I can't log in without some bitch bot screaming a virus-ridden website of gold-selling garbage in the channels.

This needs to be dealt with.

@Eguzky Insert ( "First time?") meme.

This has been discussed for months on these very forums, you aren't alone. That said, there is no easy solution, as even banns can be circumvented. That's why they peak, disappear, and then come back. They have banned at least several hundred of those accounts already, with a million more on the way.

Sorry, I saw the opportunity to make a Star Wars prequels meme, and I took it. Back on topic, suffice it to say, you're preaching to the choir here.

I keep saying simply making it so you can't type in chat until you hit lvl 20 on one toon with that account would greatly reduces the amount of bots we see. It worked when Archeage did it an bot went from filling world chat with gold selling spam 24/7 to one bot showing up in world chat 2-3 times a day. Won't be 100% solution but definitely dicourage gold sellers who are to lazy to spend 2 hours leveling their bots so they can spam chats. An let face it most these people are to lazy to even make these toons they even have programs that just auto make these toons.

@Aquila-ibis said in Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!:

I keep saying simply making it so you can't type in chat until you hit lvl 20 on one toon with that account would greatly reduces the amount of bots we see. It worked when Archeage did it an bot went from filling world chat with gold selling spam 24/7 to one bot showing up in world chat 2-3 times a day. Won't be 100% solution but definitely dicourage gold sellers who are to lazy to spend 2 hours leveling their bots so they can spam chats. An let face it most these people are to lazy to even make these toons they even have programs that just auto make these toons.

You can get to level 20 on Main ARKS Missions in just an hour. Bots can do that even quicker because they automate character creation.

@coldreactive so what your great fix than? An also you can't even do arks mission unless you've go through multiple tutorials. Plus almost all gold seller have same mind set max profit with minimal effort, anything make it take longer by even an hour will discourage 90% of these gold sellers. All these people want to do is run their bot software have it auto create the toon an start spamming chats.

An my suggestion has been proven to be effective in multiple games. ESO Archeage EVE online Mortal Online. I can list 100s more games with similar systems.

@Aquila-ibis FFXIV tried to limit players by making it so you cannot get an advanced job until you complete a level 22 main story quest, which was to deter bots. Bots in FFXIV didn't change at all despite that; and I still believe it harms players more than it harms bots.

Bots in FFXIV actually are way smarter though, because in FFXIV, when you change maps, you get added to a map cache list, and bots have access to this list. So they can whisper/tell you without needing to ever see you physically, nor do they have to use player search. The Free trial (not the free 30 days you get when purchasing the base game for each platform) doesn't allow you to whisper/tell players, and only lets you use say chat and linkshells though (You also cannot trade nor sell on the market board.)

@coldreactive i can't see any reason how limiting people's ability to chat until you hit lvl 20 can hurt players. As I see it if new player can't invest 2 hours to reach lvl 20 to use chat than they shouldn't have even downloaded this game to begin with. An far as FFXIV I've never played that game cause the community is toxic bundle of hate an rage 24/7 but from games I have played this system work great to discourage gold seller bots.

As for how smart bots are well in FFXIV it sounds less like bots are smart more like the bot makers have better tools to design their bots. Simple put it physically impossible for bot to whisper people in PSO2 cause you have to physically click on someone to whisper them. How a bot suppose to know exactly were a player located on their screen I'll tell you right now they can't.

A bot is only as good as the tools it has to work with the more tools the smarter the bot the less tools the more you have to hand feed the bot.

easy solution, each character can only trade 1m meseta a day.

@Eguzky said in Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!:

I can't log in without some bitch bot screaming a virus-ridden website of gold-selling garbage in the channels.

This needs to be dealt with.

alt text

@Omae-Wa-Mou-Shindeiru They don't trade the meseta directly they post a monomate for few million meseta than the person selling the in-game currency just buys the monomate. They do it this way cause direct trading requires premium for both users and because it harder to track.

@Aquila-ibis said in Gold Sellers Are Getting Out Of Hand!:

An far as FFXIV I've never played that game cause the community is toxic bundle of hate an rage 24/7

Sorry to go off topic but what? It’s the friendliest MMO I’ve played by far and I’ve been playing MMO’s for fifteen years. They even have a Mentor system and rewards to help new players. I was gifted free gear and taken under someone’s wing my first day. I’ve been playing since launch, so I don’t know what FFXIV you’re seeing but it’s not mine.

As for gold spam, FFXIV had a real problem with spammers back then. You couldn’t stand in the cities without even more spam than PSO2 has, but they must have found a solution because it’s pretty rare now to see one spamming into the open chat. You’ll get whispers but they’re easily blocked and reported.

It's time to IP block those certain areas the gold sellers are based in. Even block VPN addresses if you have to.

They will bypass IP blocks easily, They can reach level 20 in less than an hour just look at JP server for the current campaigns running cause 1 1 million EXP ticket will send you from level 1 to 30 as for FFXIV I have made my feelings known on the situation

@Aquila-ibis Are you SURE you haven't played FFXIV? That community is actually one of the friendliest and best MMO commmunities out there, it's well known to be one of the best to play with. If there's any toxicity it's extremely limited to the dark corners and that's it.

Now if you were talking about BDO that would be a different story entirely, you wont find a more wreched hive of stum and villany.

As for the bot's just dont use the lobby channels or stick to the quieter ones they usually will spam the higher populated ones but they dont appear outside the quest counter area.

@Aquila-ibis that's still pretty easy to defeat, if sega wanted to. if.