Sending an Auxiliary on a Search

Hello all. I have a question about this Ark Mission. when I go to my Auxiliary to send it on a search, it says there are no client orders available. What client order(s) do I need to accept to be able to send my Auxiliary out?

Any of the ones from Franca should do it. 🙂

@GM-Deynger Thank you

my aux is lvl 1, and all the client order is 21 lvlor above. what can i do

@Ghouls The best ones from Franca to try on a new Aux are the ones that require collecting multiples of an item (ie. any that say something like "[item name] x10"), since even if they come back with only one copy of the item, it counts as a success and levels them up. Kressida, the purple haired NPC near Franca in the Shopping Plaza, also has several COs that require collecting 30 of an item, and make great COs for leveling your Aux.

So I've done maybe half a dozen of Franca's collection orders and almost all of the collection ones that Kressida offers, but I still don't see a single client order available when I try to send my auxiliary on a search.

Is there an exact list of COs that can be done starting from level 1 (because that's where mine is stuck at), or is this a bug?

The guy sitting down who asks for rare materials won't work on Auxiliaries. Otherwise, everything Franca offers (and some daily Collect/Harvest client orders) will work on Auxes. I should know, I have like 6 of them being searched at once. (The amount of COs you can search at once goes up depending on the Aux's level. At 40+, you get 6 slots.)

The only way to level an Aux is to send it out on a search, meaning I've been doing it a lot, and thus I've been able to use Franca's COs as searches. Example of me obtaining EXP on my Aux:

alt text

I do wish the Aux's could do more but this is an 8 year old game so it is what it is. They really should not take up 3 house slots for how little use they have. shrug

@Eguzky said in Sending an Auxiliary on a Search:

I do wish the Aux's could do more but this is an 8 year old game so it is what it is. They really should not take up 3 house slots for how little use they have. shrug

They also are an AI Partner. In addition, have you used the "Talk" option on them after a while? They give items randomly like normal NPCs.

@coldreactive said in Sending an Auxiliary on a Search:

They also are an AI Partner. In addition, have you used the "Talk" option on them after a while? They give items randomly like normal NPCs.

Yeah but they don't level when you take them as an AI partner, so I'd rather bring my friends so my friends get FUN currency. Plus, my friends are a higher level than my Aux.

I did not know they could give you items, though. Thank you for that info. 🙂

Yeah but they don't level when you take them as an AI partner, so I'd rather bring my friends so my friends get FUN currency. Plus, my friends are a higher level than my Aux.

I did not know they could give you items, though. Thank you for that info. 🙂

And like retainers in FFXIV, they can be placed in such a way that they look more like they've been a proper NPC:

alt text

Otherwise, everything Franca offers (and some daily Collect/Harvest client orders) will work on Auxes. I should know, I have like 6 of them being searched at once.

Again, I've done about half a dozen of Franca's COs and still no options for searches, so clearly it's not everything Franca offers.

63adcd2d-b2ee-4ad6-b120-bd88e68820bd-image.png

I know the Rockbear one doesn't count, but there are one or two others completed not in that list on top of the three collect COs I did for Kressida, and yet....

adef7356-82a2-43a9-a514-fb90f7eb3087-image.png

I'm wondering now if this really is a bug.

You have to accept the client order and have it in your client order list in order to send the aux on searches. Just don't turn in the client order if you want to keep on sending it.

Those greyed out client order names on your first image are indicative of you looking at the client orders the NPC has to offer, and showing that you already completed them today. Rather than client orders you currently have accepted.

Example of my currently accepted client orders:

alt text

Note how I haven't actually turned in the ones that are marked as done/complete. I just keep them and keep sending my aux on searches.

You have to accept the client order and have it in your client order list in order to send the aux on searches.

Thanks. That detail needs to be noted someplace because after searching guides for the better part of two hours, that part isn't mentioned at all and seriously needs to be brought up.