Need pro and cons for phantom and etoile?

Ph pros: Very good pp management with a lot of unconditional damage boosts. Has a very user friendly mobbing tool of the rifle.

Ph cons: no survivability, highly reliant on dodging, maximizing damage output and pp management is harder than other classes especially if using the Katana.

Et pros: Very survivable with a very lax style of play (as dps combos but isn't tied to dps rotations nearly as hard as some other classes,) able to support other players just by existing and making use of your weapon actions to block. Also pretty good unconditional damage boosts.

Et cons: Because you're so survivable it's pretty easy to grow complacent and end up dying to being chipped out damage wise. Movement is awkward/different from most and general flow is also very different. Making it hard to transition back and forth between this class and others for non vet players. Only source of significant healing is mate items or the heal skills on Et themselves.

*just my opinion from playing with both for a good period of time now. Don't take as facts.

@Knight-Raime said in Need pro and cons for phantom and etoile?:

Ph pros: Very good pp management with a lot of unconditional damage boosts. Has a very user friendly mobbing tool of the rifle.

Ph cons: no survivability, highly reliant on dodging, maximizing damage output and pp management is harder than other classes especially if using the Katana.

If you are a summoner, this can be easily bypassed. A summoner does not have to worry much of the cons (if you have the coin that is...).

@AlexOak

You can't sub with successor classes. Unless you're trying to say that being a summoner main gives similar benefits but not the drawbacks of Ph?

@Knight-Raime I believe they are talking about Summoner/Phantom who trivializes the Phantom's squishiness with their pets. In that case when the Successor classes are used as a subclass (to which the Phantom, Etoile, and Luster can be utilized for).

@VanillaLucia

Ah okay. Was just confused cause I thought the topic was about successors as main classing.

if you use the Rod on panthom then I'd say there are no cons at all, the class just does everything eficiently for very little effort and very safely too since you're constantly spamming I-frames.

Though you gotta spend some meseta on lvl 17 techs and decent custom techs, that's the only downside of rod phatom if you want to see it as one.

Now it's not that rifle and katana are bad, I'd say they're average~decent weapons, it's only that Rod is too damn efficient at everything.