Need pro and cons for phantom and etoile?

can someone tell me what is easy for new player to play these two class without any trouble? i have play all 2 but can't choose what is better.

Phantom relies alot on dodge and counters and it's a pretty fast paced class. It has options for any range, be it close, mid or far. Phantom is a class that works better when it has alot of PP also.

Étoile is a tanky class, it can survive more hits and relies more on guarding/parrying than dodging. It's slower paced than Phantom and is primarily a close range class, though it does have a few mid range options.

then i think maybe phantom is my choice because im bad at guarding/parrying

They are both very easy classes to pick up and for me it would depend heavily on what Mag you already have. If you have a DEX Mag then the Phantom would be the better choice and if you have a MEL/RNG/TEC Mag then the Etoile would be the better choice (though if you used those on a Phantom you would be stuck to using one of their weapons effectively).

The Etoile has very little need of maintenance of their buffs and boosts and the only active skill you have (Overdrive) can be used as a buff/heal button for allies in the party when you need it. Beyond that you have effectively any means you can of just fighting and winning without being pushed too hard other than to keep an eye out for instant-kills (a future Episode 6 boss will have one regardless of how much damage reduction you have).

The Phantom's Rod is also extremely easy to play if you like shooting magical projectiles quickly. You largely will be using Ilgrants to shoot from a distance, Rabarta to attack groups or bosses, or Gigrants Type-0 to run into and slice up mobs. From here you still have the options to dodge and counter-attack and you also get some invulnerability on charging techniques for the first second which definitely can become a lifesaver especially in riskier combat scenarios. When you get familiar with at least shooting Ilgrants and Ragrants you can expand to include more techniques and damage-over-time (Shifted Massenvernichtung combined with Ramegid Type-0, supporting allies with Zanverse, and more).

These two classes alongside the Hero and Luster dominate over 50% of the playerbase on the Japanese side (the most recent survey I saw being that the Hero, Phantom, and Etoile combined before the Luster's existence was revealed as that they were about 60% of the overall players as a main class). You really cannot go wrong with either of these two but if you prefer to beat things up without thinking too hard the Etoile definitely has you covered and if you prefer to be flashy and more versatile with some risk the Phantom is definitely the way to go between these two.

what race you prefer for etoile

I'm just wondering why you felt the need to make three topics that basically ask the same thing.

@chanhdungphun27 race doesn't matter even if your a min maxer it doesn't matter your literally looking at 2-10 stat differences between race when your sitting at 1.4k hp 2k def an 4.3k attack 2 extra attack literally mean you do 20001 damage instead of 20000 damage basically pointless to worry about race in this game.

The race differences (and gender differences, gender also affects stats) are a percentage of stat growth, and not a flat number, so while the number isn't much more it can definitely be more than 10 points difference. Also there are other factors like potency and class skills that increase percentage of damage, so it would be more than just a 1 damage difference. Plus the stat growth also affects both the main and sub class.

So for example I used the skill calculator, and there's a 17 point difference in ranged stat points (for level 95 in both classes with no skills assigned) between a Male CAST RA/GU and a Newman RA/GU. Why do you think people bother to try to get might 5 augment when they have a might 3 augment, because of multipliers, they don't want to do only 15 more damage lol.

@Riesz race stat aren't % increases there flat value an really don't matter. Just like how having 500 more power from augments really doesn't matter. Simple put i been playing braver lately i have 4.5k range power when buffed my friend has 500m worth god tier augments an 5.2k range power as braver same exact build an my finally new hit for 300k my friend hits for 330k. Literally a 10% increase in damage that literally isn't worth the time an effort my friend putt in to get those aguments. An my friend agrees that if he would've know the difference in damage was so small he would never have wasted his time augmenting his gear as hard as he did. Simply put if your playing PSO2 to min max your playing this game for the wrong reasons.

@HarmlessSyan said in Unlisted Racial Traits?:

Race and Gender only have small modifiers for your base stats before any equipment

pso2.png

Example would be like for Hunters at level 95- a male Cast will have 801 HP while a female Newman will have 704 HP. But for a force a male Cast only have 547 T-atk while a female Newman will have 627 T-atk.

@Aquila-ibis Don't believe me try the skill calculator yourself https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php You'll notice that the difference between the races and genders stats for the exact same class gets larger or smaller depending on the level of the classes. Like ok for level 95 for both classes it was 17 points difference, but if you use the current cap in the JP version (level 100), it is then a 22 point difference.

@Riesz Simply put if your playing PSO2 to min max your playing this game for the wrong reasons. I'm not going to look up images and guide from third party programs that don't prove anything. I was told by a GM that stats for race are hard values not % increase. Until a GM decides to say otherwise or someone shows that they datamined the information anything else is speculations. Cause as it is I could say cast have 2% higher chance at getting cast only items from AC tickets who to say that isn't the case easy the developer behind the game. An in end of the day it doesn't change the fact that min maxing in this game is 100% pointless.

@Aquila-ibis This isn't even min-maxing by definition, because if you use the actual definition of min maxing it isn't even possible in PSO2, as all the stats grow no matter what you do, you can't for example only raise ranged attack.

Yeah it's only a slight difference in stats, but I just don't get the mentality of completely ignoring it. Especially since people also do other things to get increases of the same or similar amounts.

If we only had one free character slot I could understand people doing this as if you wanted to change classes you would be locked in the stats already. But 3 slots should be enough to pick a race and class that go together for each one. Would be better if we had a 4th for all races too, but I guess they just went for the 3 types of attack stats.

@Riesz the OP of the forums is asking in attempt to min max that one of the key purpose of this thread or did you forget. So yes I'm going to say it again race stats shouldn't be a deciding factor when playing a class cause simply put min max in this game is pointless and unneeded. An I will ignore it because simply put if braver with 5.2k range power only does 330k dmg and braver with 4.5k range power does 300k damage well how much do you think race plays in that 10% difference in dmg? I'll tell you right now if I had to guess less than 1%.

Simply put wow a cast does 1% more dmg as a ranger than newman omg I should just delete my newman and reroll for that 1% increase in dmg cause clearly that makes a huge massive game changing difference in everyway shape and form right? An end note have you ever seen the devs for this game change race stats due to balance issues I'll answer that as well no you haven't cause the difference is so small that it doesn't matter it will be the last thing in the equation to throw off balance.

@Aquila-ibis said in Need pro and cons for phantom and etoile?:

@Riesz Simply put if your playing PSO2 to min max your playing this game for the wrong reasons. I'm not going to look up images and guide from third party programs that don't prove anything. I was told by a GM that stats for race are hard values not % increase. Until a GM decides to say otherwise or someone shows that they datamined the information anything else is speculations. Cause as it is I could say cast have 2% higher chance at getting cast only items from AC tickets who to say that isn't the case easy the developer behind the game. An in end of the day it doesn't change the fact that min maxing in this game is 100% pointless.

The reason to play any game should be because you enjoy it or a specific aspect of it. Now they’re are plenty of people myself included that max their gear simply because that’s what they enjoy doing. So regardless of wether you personally think the effort and benefit is worth it, for the people that enjoy doing it they are playing the game for the right reasons. It’s why Sega have built many different aspects into this game so people with different tastes and interests can find something they enjoy doing.

The difference affixing makes is also affected by classes and their combinations, due to multipliers. My force/phantom I get a 20k variance just between a crit hit and a not crit hit, with the exact same gear, so if I took all my affixes off I would get a lot more than that. For your general content you don’t need mega high affixes, but if you ever want to do a 3 lap clear of solo endless you are going to need those high end affixes, remember they don’t just boost your attack power, it’s your hp, pp, and defence points all of that really adds up and gives you a much needed edge for something like solo endless