New Genesis PC specs & Closed beta date.

@Knight-Raime said in New Genesis PC specs & Closed beta date.:

Yeah those are higher specs than what Cyberpunk asks of you. There's no way they're going to be that high when NGS is released ESPECIALLY because NGS is supposed to be able to work on last gen console hardware. It's 100% a stress test for their game.

MMOs usually have higher requirements regardless when it comes to multiple player models at once. Publishers usually don't list requirements for that though. Usually only up to what is expected. (IE: 24 people in FFXIV.)

@Ezodagrom said in New Genesis PC specs & Closed beta date.:

@VanillaLucia There's no denying that PSO2 requirements are going to increase, but there's just no way the base PSO2 is gonna require the same specifications as NGS, it just doesn't make sense.

There's alot more about how a game performs than just engine, one game can have widely different performance depending on what's happening or where the player is (for example, a simple and small location will have far better performance than a huge and detailed open world).

Even with the upgraded engine, improved/new character models, improved lighting and other graphics effects, in the end PSO2s locations are still relatively simple and small when compared to NGS, there's no way those are gonna need the same specs as NGS locations, especially when it comes to CPU.

While PSO2 may not "require" the same specs, it will be mandatory for the advertised minimum recommended requirements to match NGS, because PSO2 and NGS are not separate games. For specifications, they must be for the entire pcakage delivered to you, not only part of it.

Everything makes a ton more sense if you don't think of NGS as a separate game (which it isn't).

I'm assuming by the 'high' specs that the game will support RTX. They probably want that to be tested pretty extensively to make sure there's no graphical bugs.

@Matt Hmm, true, I was thinking only about what truly is needed to play the upgraded base PSO2, and not about advertised requirements. Still, it's not unlikely that it could have separate advertised requirements for the base PSO2.

@Jamesmor Stress test was a poor phrasing on my part.

My point is that I can't see the end game specs being that high because latest games released today do not demand top of the line performance. Even more to the point though the game currently runs on base xbox one/ps4. Unless they plan on developing an entirely seperate version of NGS specifically for consoles (which I severely doubt,) the game cannot be that demanding on specs.

@coldreactive

Yes they do. But that's not really something that needs to be noted. I really doubt Sega is going to give the finger to myself and everyone else who still haven't upgraded to current gen systems. So it forces the devs to either make a seperate version specifically for older consoles or simply develop one version that can run on all current available platforms. I think the latter is the path they are taking. So these specs are not indicative of what we will need when it launches in spring/summer. It's merely a test to see how it performs at different levels of hardware.

@Knight-Raime I'm thinking that, since the number of allowed players will be limited for the beta, the required specs are high to minimize the number of client side issues, since the main purpose is a server side test, maybe?

It also depends on what low/medium/high truly mean, right now we have no information about the game's base settings at all. Though, the GPUs listed in each of the 3 tiers are somewhat near the level of performance of each Sony console though (low - ps4, medium - ps4 pro, high - ps5).

@Ezodagrom

Possible. And yes we are lacking important context here. Xbox is slightly behind performance wise only really coming into fair comparisons with the One X. So the final specs will have to unfortunately account for my pretty awful base xbox one.

my pc will run just fine, highest setting in current ps02

@Ezodagrom im sorry but those analogies are way off. giving a lot of praise to almost 10 year old AMD jaguar haha im using AMD GPU to be fair to the consoles using AMD also.

ps4 standard is specced at just UNDER a RX 7850 with the lowest reccomended GPU for NG being R9 285 that is on average 73% FASTER than the RX 7850 https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-R9-285-vs-AMD-HD-7850/3174vs2182

the PS4 pro is more akin to an HD 7870 which when compared to the medium reccomended of an rx 580 which has an overall 55% INCREASE allround over the 7870. (this is where im sitting as i have an RX 580 until next summer) https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-580-vs-AMD-HD-7970/3923vs2163

as for ps5/xboxx the upper reccomended is moot anyway as new GPUs and current gen consoles are like hens teeth or rocking horse poop 😛 but lets assume the reccomended rtx 2070 rx 5400 is about on point for fairness.

Oh good to know! No updates needed then, what a relief.

Im guessing the proc requirement us as high as it us because they are going with a more multi threaded approach for NGS. Older intel cpus simply had kess core/ threads.

Though tbh im not super interested in NGS as open fields arent a game concept that gets me to excited. Maybe they will win me over with other ideas however.

Let's Just hope that there will be some sort of closed beta for us in the West. I'm pretty sure that at some point the specifications for what is deemed as playable will change along the way.

@DDDDLife said in New Genesis PC specs & Closed beta date.:

Let's Just hope that there will be some sort of closed beta for us in the West.

That's something I definitely need to comment on.

Global definitely doesn't need a closed beta that both gives unique rewards not available in the full game and excludes any entire regions or platforms. If any beta we get is going to give rewards that persist into the full game, they need to be available to everyone this time.

I would much rather we simply had a fully open beta or no beta at all than for some of us to be left behind again. It was a terrible mistake for PSO2 and some of the consequences of that remain to this day. NGS should seriously learn from this lesson. If we get a divisive closed beta at all, it should be kept wholly separate and give its lucky participants no exclusive benefits.

@Miraglyth said in New Genesis PC specs & Closed beta date.:

I would much rather we simply had a fully open beta or no beta at all than for some of us to be left behind again. It was a terrible mistake for PSO2 and some of the consequences of that remain to this day. NGS should seriously learn from this lesson. If we get a divisive closed beta at all, it should be kept wholly separate and give its lucky participants no exclusive benefits.

we do need several betas before they release the game/addon however you wanna call it....so it gives time for us players to make suggestions + finding bugs and major issues the game has before they release it + giving them time to work on those + giving us time again to test out the stuff they worked on...limiting those betas to "xbox only" or giving out special rewards for those who took part is really bad tho i agree with that