New Genesis PC specs & Closed beta date.

Maybe you have seen this already, but I wanted to post this here, In case some people look forward to play NGS and know if they can.

As per ANAMANA's Video that has info on the closed beta for NGS and Pc specs to run the game.

ANAMANA! <------------------------VIDEO!

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 / NEW GENESIS PC REQUIREMENTS
OPERATING SYSTEM: MICROSOFT WINDOWS-10 64 BIT
CPU INTEL Core I5 - 9400
Recommended: INTEL CORE I9-10900
RAM 8 GB MINIMUM
Recommended: 16 GB
HDD MINIMUM 100 GB
PSO2NGS Est size - 30 GB PSO2 Est size - 70 GB
RESOLUTION MINIMUM : 1280 X 720
Recommended: 1920 X 1080
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 or AMD RADEON R9 285
Recommended: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 or AMD RADEON RX 580
OPTIMAL GRAPHICS: NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER or AMD RADEON RX 5400 XT
DIRECT X : 11 or Better

well im hopefully upgrading my pc to be less of a potato powered toaster early in the year, so my i5 3570K shouldnt be a bottle neck for me. though ill have to keep my GPU till about summer though (RX 580 stryx) but that shouldnt be too bad as its in the reccomended list.

the salt is already flowing from those expecting miracles from their glorified netbooks with integrated graphics.

Note that those requirements are only for the beta, there's a note in the JP specs page saying that the requirements will be different for the release version.

https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/spec/

Also remember, these aren't the specs for new genesis, but rather for PSO2 as a whole, as NGS isn't a new game but rather an expansion / update and all of pso2 is being updated with it.

This means if you are currently on the lowest settings for PSO2, you will most likely not be able to play once NGS drops.

And of course, as above these settings aren't final but are something to consider.

@Matt While the requirements for the base PSO2 will increase due to the new engine, most likely they will be lower than NGS:

• CPU - since the base PSO2 doesn't have huge open fields like NGS, CPU requirements are likely to be significantly lower than NGS.
  • GPU - I'm guessing that polygon counts will remain as is for current PSO2 areas and enemies, while character models, lighting and overall graphics effects will improve, so I guess that the GPU requirements may be slightly lower than NGS, but not much?

This was first published on the Closed Beta website (in Japanese). Edit: Same link as Ezodagrom above. I failed to notice that link before my post.

That lowest processor requirement has caught a few people's eyes. A 9th generation i5 for low when it can still be run on Windows 8? Who's going to have a PC running an OS that's been officially dead for 4½ years on a relatively new processor? A quick Google says Intel's 9th generation arrived in October 2018, barely 2 years ago!

According to UserBenchmark that sets it at roughly the performance level of a 6th or 7th generation i7, from around 2016. That's still a couple years newer than the GTX 900 series of video cards that came out in 2014 which are the low-spec GPU option. Unless Sega have erred on the side of caution with that specification or the CPU use stands to make better gains from post-beta optimisation, I have a feeling CPU is going to be what catches out more players on "good enough" systems.

another thing to keep in mind during beta periods most companies go for higher specs to have less issues, so even if the specs are those is possible that the end product specs will be lower

My biggest hope is that all the new engine capabilities and new physiques enable the creation of outfits that have capes, robes and other long cloth parts that don't have corners.

0ba96c02-2ca5-4283-bfe6-8e07aad375c4-image.png

@Ezodagrom said in New Genesis PC specs & Closed beta date.:

Note that those requirements are only for the beta, there's a note in the JP specs page saying that the requirements will be different for the release version.

https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/spec/

Hope it will, at least let my poor 1050Ti run it on good mix of fps and graphic

@Ezodagrom said in New Genesis PC specs & Closed beta date.:

GPU - I'm guessing that polygon counts will remain as is for current PSO2 areas and enemies, while character models, lighting and overall graphics effects will improve, so I guess that the GPU requirements may be slightly lower than NGS, but not much?

NGS character models will be playable in PSO2, not just NGS. As I said in another thread about this same topic, the base PSO2 specifications will be the same as NGS' specifications, since PSO2's engine is also being updated.

The JP client will of course be allowed to run on Windows 8.1+

@coldreactive I think you should re-read what I posted.

I said that character models, lighting and overall graphics effects will improve to match NGS, but, enemies and areas will likely remain the same as they are now, it's very unlikely that those would get major changes (though thanks to the new lighting they will still look better).

Also it doesn't make sense for the PSO2 specifications to be the same as NGS, PSO2 doesn't have huge open fields to deal with after all. PSO2 requirements will definitely increase, but they should still be lower than NGS.

@Ezodagrom This can definitely make sense if the whole game's engine is being revamped to match up with New Genesis. It can get to the point where a new engine being introduced necessitates stronger machines and more modern "standards" to ensure its functionality which can mean that even if we're getting the same game and content being playable that to have the new mechanics (specifically the link to New Genesis and the graphical upgrades) it may not be as simple as "throw in a new character model and have higher-resolution textures" if the original engine cannot support those or that Sega has not tried to do such a thing.

From my impressions of it the Engine Upgrade is likely an overhaul from what Sega is currently using to what they will be using for New Genesis (with the original base game being tacked on as much as possible to it) which is why the specs are much higher than what they "should" be and are still in flux. I know that there are others out there who have blended the functionality of multiple engines together (for example the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary comes to mind even if that version wasn't exactly specifically faithful to the original version) but until we get more details and see how the closed beta goes all I believe can do at the moment is to simply speculate and wait.

@VanillaLucia There's no denying that PSO2 requirements are going to increase, but there's just no way the base PSO2 is gonna require the same specifications as NGS, it just doesn't make sense.

There's alot more about how a game performs than just engine, one game can have widely different performance depending on what's happening or where the player is (for example, a simple and small location will have far better performance than a huge and detailed open world).

Even with the upgraded engine, improved/new character models, improved lighting and other graphics effects, in the end PSO2s locations are still relatively simple and small when compared to NGS, there's no way those are gonna need the same specs as NGS locations, especially when it comes to CPU.

Yeah those are higher specs than what Cyberpunk asks of you. There's no way they're going to be that high when NGS is released ESPECIALLY because NGS is supposed to be able to work on last gen console hardware. It's 100% a stress test for their game.

@Knight-Raime stress test will be for the servers to see how they can handle stuff, that's also why the limited number of users, the requirements of the end users is not for the stress test but to see how the engine will work and behave and with that info ajust it for the users.