Christmas on Ice PSE Outfit Bonus list - Now posted!

Update - Thanks community team! It's now been posted: https://pso2.com/news/announcements/holidaywear

Original post below:

Christmas on Ice gives a PSE Outfit Bonus if you wear various santa-themed outfits. This is mentioned in the datapod in the waiting room and shown in the game a short time after the quest begins:

70c0bf64-1022-4410-b650-896193f211d5-image.png

In previous quests that gave this bonus, the website provided a helpful list of which outfits and layered wear qualified at the start of the event: This happened for Beach Wars and Trick or Treat.

Could we please get a list of qualifying outfits for Christmas on Ice? I've tried changing between various outfits in my possession but it doesn't update the display immediately and other people seem to be doing the same at times so I cannot get a good read on which of my outfits (if any) qualify.

@Miraglyth The best I could find was this page but I don't know if that's in reference to Christmas on Ice 2019 which looks to be the version we have atm.

Personally, I've found success with the Santa costume from the current Mission Pass.

Edit: On second read that page definitely isn't in reference to the 2019 event, haha, sorry about that!

Edit 2: Here's a list that was linked to the 2018 version of the UQ.

I've seen that linked on Twitter as well, but it contains a number of outfits that Global has never seen, and is omitting some outfits I've seen others claim to work (perhaps they're newer?). I feel that is reason enough to seek the official list.

@Miraglyth Oh for sure, maybe we should tag @GM-Deynger or start something in the suggestions forum too.

FWIW, I heard folks saying we'll get some more of those qualifying outfits from tomorrow's AC scratch as well.

I didnโ€™t know about the outfit bonus, aw man! ๐Ÿ˜ž

I know right. I didn't know about it either! Finally my fashion can pay off! Though I do have a question

@Miraglyth - Assuming we match an outfit and get this outfit bonus what exactly is the bonus boosting?

I see things like fire damage boost, extra meseta boost, and so forth but this seems more like a description of the boost rather than what is actually being boosted. Uhh, unless it's upping your chance of getting one of the rappy outfits to drop?

Also hoping for a list. I was hoping we'd see one with the AC Scratch release at the least, but still nothing ๐Ÿ˜ž

@Vexation said in Request for Christmas on Ice PSE Outfit Bonus list:

Assuming we match an outfit and get this outfit bonus what exactly is the bonus boosting?

It's super minor, you get 3 to 10% extra EXP and RDR depending on the PSE level. Level 1 Being 3% and level 8 being 10%

For the most part it's usually less than 5%. You have to burst for the full effect but that never happens.

In my opinion, not worth it un less you were gonna run that fashion anyway.

@Milk said in Request for Christmas on Ice PSE Outfit Bonus list:

I didnโ€™t know about the outfit bonus, aw man!

@Vexation said in Request for Christmas on Ice PSE Outfit Bonus list:

I know right. I didn't know about it either!

It's mentioned by the datapod automatically when you enter the waiting room for the first time, but you can read it again by looking at the datapod in the waiting room.

If I remember it's just Rare Drop Rate but other posts in this topic are saying it's EXP as well so I'm probably remembering wrong. I haven't seen screenshots so I'll have to remember to check the next time the UQ is run in about 9 hours' time.

@Matt said in Request for Christmas on Ice PSE Outfit Bonus list:

It's super minor, you get 3 to 10% extra EXP and RDR depending on the PSE level. Level 1 Being 3% and level 8 being 10%

That's curious. For RDR at least, isn't that the same amount at levels 1 and 8 as an alliance tree? Where'd you get these numbers from? In previous events the Character Info screen hasn't shown the explicit effect of the PSE Outfit Bonus iirc.

As for whether it's worth it... it's free RDR and some of us still haven't got those precious Serpent Prenzer drops. I'll take what RDR I can get!

Multi-post: It's just been posted! Thanks GMs, it's much appreciated! ๐Ÿ‘

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/holidaywear

Edit: The Phantom and ร‰toile outfits work. That's a surprise. I've had Scharf Vinto [Ba] registered the whole time but that isn't even one I would have thought to include in my various efforts to find a qualifying wear. Edit 2: Looking on the bright side, if this causes prices to jump up, I got my Scharf Vinto cheap.

Edit 3: The Admiral and Vice-Admiral sets too? Man, I was sitting on multiple qualifying sets and didn't have a clue. Definitely can't complain about those though, partly because they're going to jump up in price over this announcement and partly because I've already been using them for some of the UQs.

๐Ÿ™‚ Glad to have helped, as always!