Personal shop prices are way to high

@JuggernautGTX yeah hopefully a new less loot crate esque system will roll out for global.

TBH i dont see AC scratches as gambling, as you dont really lose, everything you gat can be either used or traded in game for something that is of use to you, be it meseta or other fashion.

@LEJONARDO dude no one is making you buy anything, the game is free to play, only one feature is gained by premium (shop) as all other features are just extended versions of the free to play model.

if however you or others you may know IRL have issues with money and/or gambling, please try and get you or them help. i was badly addicted to world of warcraft back in the WotLK days, and i almost lost everything in my life at the time... it may not be easy to step away, or to help others take a break, but it is what needs to be done.

@JuggernautGTX

AFAIK they're not removing those tickets. I think they simply meant the free ac tickets you can get occasionally from campaigns won't work with the stuff in ngs.

@Knight-Raime said in Personal shop prices are way to high:

@JuggernautGTX

AFAIK they're not removing those tickets. I think they simply meant the free ac tickets you can get occasionally from campaigns won't work with the stuff in ngs.

"In PSO2: NGS, which is planned to go into service in 2021, the system through which the items you know as AC Scratch Ticket items are obtained will be different, and you will not be able to redeem AC Scratch Ticket consumable items that were purchased in PSO2 Global for PSO2: NGS items. Information about the new type of system that will be used in PSO2: NGS will be shared at a later date on the official website. Therefore, the AC Scratch Ticket consumable items currently available in PSO2 Global will no longer be available for purchase as of the regular maintenance on 12/23 07:00 AM (Europe/Berlin)."

no longer for purchase starting 23th dec....well this could just be a minor change in pso2 NG or a big change removing the "gambling" aspect all together (so the service is available in more countries) it does sound like a minor change but one can hope (those who wish for a change)

@Scerms77 an you either what price flip items or run 10+ alts to make 100m each week two things that are unabtainable to F2P players

@JuggernautGTX if I had to guess there going to increase the price of cosmetics but make it so you can flat out buy the item you want. As it stand right now many countries have banned an are in the process of banning rng based loot box cash shop items in games. I think SEGA plan is to replace how cosmetic are obtain in game with one that doesn't use loot crates so they can release the game in more countries.

Cause as the law stands in some countries if the loot box can't be obtained through in game means an are only obtainable through real money transactions than the developer is liable to be fined for encouraging gambling.

@JuggernautGTX

Yes I remember reading this. As I said I believe they are specifically referring to the ticket consumables and not AC tickets as a microtransaction. I can try to look for the clarification as I believe one was given.

Considering that's happening 5 days from now and NGS isn't due to at least late spring at the earliest I really doubt they're scrapping the AC ticket system. There's zero reason to. It's highly profitable for them, the community at worst tollerates them, and they give the direct % drop chance of you getting what specific items. So it doesn't break any lootbox/gambling laws AFAIK. I also feel like that would be a big announcement that would be given to us ahead of time. Not sprung on us out of no where.

@Aquila-ibis

"Cause as the law stands in some countries if the loot box can't be obtained through in game means an only obtainable through real money transactions than the developer is liable to be fined for encouraging gambling without a licenses."

And in those countries the monetization method is different or the game has been banned. That sort of situation has never prompted changing how monetization works on a global scale. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

@Knight-Raime yet what SEGA plan with PSO oh right to release the game in as many countries as they can. They stated that when they firsted announced PSO2 coming to NA. They can't do that if game's cash shop mechanics are forbidden in a country they wish to expand into.

@Aquila-ibis

Yeah that's...not really supporting evidence. From a company standpoint they'd rather cut their losses with one or two if they are relatively small or just change the method specifically for them if it's important enough to include said country. Monetization isn't the only thing that can effect wether or not a game comes to a specific country. Content of said game might have to be censored. Or you just get really strict gaming law places like AUS that make it difficult to have any game available there.

Re-reading the specific announcement given it specifically refers to the ticket consumable item. Not AC tickets as a system. It also says you can still buy AC ticket items by visiting the terminal and spending AC for individual rolls or 12 at a time. This is a system we already have in place far before the announcement. Which would imply that the AC tickets themselves are not going away. Just the ability to buy/store tickets in advance for a ticket that might come out later.

There's a handful of reasons on why the consumable wouldn't work in NGS so it's a bit much to jump to the idea that they're redoing the system itself. Which i'll state plain as day is still a possibility. I just don't see any strong evidence to support it happening.

@Knight-Raime PSO currently is banned in 30% of the European union right now because of AC tickets. That fairly large consumer base right there. It almost completely banned in SA again another massive consumer base right there. The countries that outlaw loot crates aren't some small third world countries with only few thousand citizens. And last I checked even Australia and United Kingdoms are in process of banning the sale of loot crates in games. As for other reason PSO2 can't be distributed in a country there really isn't one. The game doesn't have adult only content uses a fantasy sci-fi world that doesn't bring race or ethical standards into question. An game doesn't have overall violent graphical scenes. The only thing holding it back from reaching every possible country is loot crates.

An as business stand point I'd rather have more consumers making me less money per consumer than less consumers making me more money per consumer in long term project. Which last I checked PSO NG is a long term project expected to be around for another 10 years.

The only thing incredibly unfair in this game is the SG scratch, you can't sell or trade off any items you get that you cannot use, such as items for the opposite gender that you are playing as. Given the amount of SG that it costs to get tickets and to earn a free pass for one item, a player could easily end up spending a good amount of real money to get something if they want more than one thing from a scratch or things from more than one scratch.

@Aquila-ibis said in Personal shop prices are way to high:

@Scerms77 an you either what price flip items or run 10+ alts to make 100m each week two things that are unabtainable to F2P players

Nope sorry to dissapoint you. No price flipping, just 4 charackters (thats one more than f2p) , just doing dailys and weeklys and sell items with augments that i found. Did a total of 5x12 scratches and sold some of it too...nothing Major.

@Aquila-ibis said in Personal shop prices are way to high:

@Knight-Raime PSO currently is banned in 30% of the European union right now because of AC tickets. That fairly large consumer base right there. It almost completely banned in SA again another massive consumer base right there. The countries that outlaw loot crates aren't some small third world countries with only few thousand citizens. And last I checked even Australia in process of banning the sale of loot crates in games. As for other reason PSO2 can't be distributed in a country there really isn't one. The game doesn't have adult only content uses a fantasy sci-fi world that doesn't bring race or ethical standards into question. An game doesn't have overall violent graphical scenes. The only thing holding it back from reaching every possible country is loot crates.

An as business stand point I'd rather have more consumers making me less money per consumer than less consumers making me more money per consumer in long term project. Which last I checked PSO NG is a long term project expected to be around for another 10 years.

Please explain where this information comes from. Banned in 30% of EU? What countries are that,other than belgium?

Please explain and/or proof with link please!!

When you play longer and increase your income and find more ways to make meseta then the prices dont seem so bad. Dont stress too much about trying to make more either I guess it comes naturally? (er... sort of).