Selling Deo weapons for 12k on market

This is an itch I have to scratch. What is the point of putting Deo weapons for 12k or less on the market when whoever wants the money quick can convert them to cubes to trade for a stack of grinders and NPC them for the same amount right away as opposed to taking up a shop slot and waiting for somebody to buy? Do people not know they can trade for grinders or is there some other reason this is done?

I've been seeing this lately. Less than 12k even.

Usually the reason is they don't know. Because people are impatient, and don't want to take time to go through menus.

People want quick Meseta.

You may want to take a look at the affixes as well. Sometimes you might find some of these questionably priced weapons having abilities you may actually want for affixing purposes or for upslotting purposes which is why they are sold on the Player Shops even for cheap prices rather than just straight-up turned into Excubes. I personally save my seven-slot and eight-slot weapons for this purpose if I am not using it to affix myself because it is better given to someone who wants the slots or the abilities rather than just being dumped or turned into Excubes when applicable.

Mostly for Augmentation aid 30%, Augmentation aid 40%, Weapon Minis, RDR 250%, etc. People that play mostly the market and affix gear and fodder find value in the listings of Deos. 🙂

@CalvinaCoulange said in Selling Deo weapons for 12k on market:

This is an itch I have to scratch. What is the point of putting Deo weapons for 12k or less on the market when whoever wants the money quick can convert them to cubes to trade for a stack of grinders and NPC them for the same amount right away as opposed to taking up a shop slot and waiting for somebody to buy? Do people not know they can trade for grinders or is there some other reason this is done?

I've been seeing this lately. Less than 12k even.

Because people are used to MMOs of recent years having almost nothing worthwhile to vendor off to NPCs, that they don't realise and don't bother to check that 1 excube = 30 grinders = 30x400meseta = 12,000 meseta when directly vendored.

tldr: For lack of a kinder way to say it, it's because of ignorance.

(For those reading who don't know: 1 Grinder can be straight vendored to NPC for 400 meseta. So the minimum you can get from one excube without dealing with the market/playertrading/socializing is 12,000 meseta. Meaning any 10* or 11* being sold for less than 12k is basically giving meseta away.)

Besides the 7 to 8 slot Deos, people might also be selling them if they have good augments one them like Exceed Energy, I myself have have hoarding 7 to 8 slot weapons or ones with the listed augment for the next boost week or when I can rack up transfer passes.

Once my extended storage 1 fills up with this augmenting gold, I might start selling my extras, any thing with less slots and junk augments gets cubed anyway.

Why would you turn them into excubes first if you just want to turn them into grinders to sell them though? You can directly swap them for 30 grinders in the swap shop.

Or convert them into PA frag (techniques)