Allies doesn't even attack

When you bring allies to your team then enter the field then they just sit there do nothing which it does be little bit annoying! Like if there like hunter or some other classes. they need to attack for players sure they don't get knocked out. I don't know you all experience the same problems. but they need to fix these ally's attack sure they can attack back on the enemies! Not just sit there!

If you have any question then please let me know but I am very busy on video game so I'll check for couple days if there a respond. Good hunting!

In the Quick Menu, there is an option to set Allies' behavior, which includes the option to make them not attack. Is it possible that you enabled that option without realizing it?

Like what was posted above, you might have accidentally changed a setting, I bring allies and/or my auxiliary into quests and they actively attack mobs or heal/buff the party of me and NPCs, and what ever setting that got changed the defualt should be that NPCs actively engage in combat.

I bring NPCs along mostly when I'm gathering materials so they keep the mobs off of me while I fish or harvest, or if I'm working on the ally titles. Also my auxiliary is set as a Force/Techter with the Pure mood, so she spam heals/buffs, yet she still will attack mobs that get too close to me.

If you go slightly away from the enemies, the NPC are designed to move towards you (for some reason) so you need to stand there, surrounded by enemies for them to do something. They are not allowed to fight the enemies by themselves, even if they already attacked them if you aren't right next to them. Their damage is also so bad, 3 of them take a minute to kill a single fodder enemy (maybe different for friend avatars) and they never block or dodge anything. It's the usual: developers didn't want them doing all the work, so they are useless instead because there is no middle ground. They just plain suck.

@AndrlCh said in Allies doesn't even attack:

In the Quick Menu, there is an option to set Allies' behavior, which includes the option to make them not attack. Is it possible that you enabled that option without realizing it?

I didn't realize it but I'll check it out if I can.

@LazerRay said in Allies doesn't even attack:

Like what was posted above, you might have accidentally changed a setting, I bring allies and/or my auxiliary into quests and they actively attack mobs or heal/buff the party of me and NPCs, and what ever setting that got changed the defualt should be that NPCs actively engage in combat.

I bring NPCs along mostly when I'm gathering materials so they keep the mobs off of me while I fish or harvest, or if I'm working on the ally titles. Also my auxiliary is set as a Force/Techter with the Pure mood, so she spam heals/buffs, yet she still will attack mobs that get too close to me.

I might of did or not but I'll check it out if I can.

@Yggranya said in Allies doesn't even attack:

If you go slightly away from the enemies, the NPC are designed to move towards you (for some reason) so you need to stand there, surrounded by enemies for them to do something. They are not allowed to fight the enemies by themselves, even if they already attacked them if you aren't right next to them. Their damage is also so bad, 3 of them take a minute to kill a single fodder enemy (maybe different for friend avatars) and they never block or dodge anything. It's the usual: developers didn't want them doing all the work, so they are useless instead because there is no middle ground. They just plain suck.

There just only help protect you on any areas! but there attack are very poor when they hit them.

@Tonystarman said in Allies doesn't even attack:

There just only help protect you on any areas! but there attack are very poor when they hit them.

What specific NPCs are you using? Also, do you have a sub-class or are using a Scion class? Because if you aren't using a Scion class or have a sub-class, they won't have a sub-class, or their sub-class will be level 1.

AI NPCs that use summoner pets have the longest range out of all AI controlled NPCs.

@coldreactive said in Allies doesn't even attack:

What specific NPCs are you using? Also, do you have a sub-class or are using a Scion class? Because if you aren't using a Scion class or have a sub-class, they won't have a sub-class, or their sub-class will be level 1.

AI NPCs that use summoner pets have the longest range out of all AI controlled NPCs.

I didn't get those unlocked yet! I was still working on it. and yes I'm slow as hell but I'll get it soon. and um...I didn't use NPC summoner on my allies team. I used them later if thing get difficult.

I've figured why my NPC didn't attack! It was Instructions for allies but you have to be in battle area to make it work. some of you might got it right all the time. I think my brain might have forgot something. But now it back to normal and now allies can now attack.

I've figured why my NPC didn't attack! It was Instructions for allies but you have to be in battle area to make it work.

Screenshot please? So others can see?

@coldreactive said in Allies doesn't even attack:

I've figured why my NPC didn't attack! It was Instructions for allies but you have to be in battle area to make it work.

Screenshot please? So others can see?

I'll do it tomorrow since I got too tired for a moment.

but for a hint: my hunter and fighter class are at 70. that was my current level.

I'll do it tomorrow since I got too tired for a moment.

but for a hint: my hunter and fighter class are at 70. that was my current level.

Also try not to take an actual photo of the game with a camera/phone. There is a share function on Xbox and print screen (PrntScr, PrtScr) on PC. Use Virtual Fullscreen (Borderless Windowed) in the launcher settings.