Need help for skill ring phantom rifle?

Like topic said i need to know what is Left ring best for phantom Rifle?

Did you already take up your other three left ring slots that you can put into units? (One left ring per 12-star unit.)

nope i don't have decent uint yet

For rings at the moment I have the following:

• Atomizer Lovers (L)
  • Phantom Mark Lock-On Bomb (L)

At the moment I am still experimenting with what I want but currently have the Phantom Step Shift (L) and Phantom Mark Bomb (L) rings but I don't see myself keeping the two bomb rings at the same time unless there is a legitimate reason to have that as the Lock-On Bomb is a much better quality-of-life change for the Phantom Mark's detonation to me. Step Shift allows you to start using Shift attacks faster (like Shift Nachtangriff for sprinting) but it simply isn't as safe as the weapon action (which you should be using as much as possible to avoid damage).

Atomizer Lovers, Mag Excitement, Leaping Dodge and phantom Lock On Bomb.

Leaping Dodge is incredibly good on phantom rifle as a "triple jump" (leaping and then double) can leave you out of range of many attacks and let you keep doing dps. Varies though, as in some situations it is better to counter, although rifle is a bit sluggish in its movements compared to the other 2 weapons.

Those 4 are all you need. The marker bomb ring can be useful but it's pretty niche.

I've only used one of the phantom specific rings that being the one that lets dodges shift your PA's. I find that to be incredibly useful. But it can be a double edged sword because you might not want to use a shifted version of a PA you're wanting to use after a dodge.

I don't exactly understand the lock on bomb ring. I think it just means that instead of having to lock onto the part where the marker is to detonate you can just be locked onto anywhere on the target that has a mark and you'll still detonate it. If so that's incredibly useful to have especially if you're like me and play with a controller.

Marker bomb ring almost makes it sound like the bomb can be used like a mine. I feel that's too niche to really care about. I'd recommend lock on bomb since you are focused on rifle. Rifle does have the fastest build up for markers.

@Knight-Raime said in Need help for skill ring phantom rifle?:

I don't exactly understand the lock on bomb ring. I think it just means that instead of having to lock onto the part where the marker is to detonate you can just be locked onto anywhere on the target that has a mark and you'll still detonate it. If so that's incredibly useful to have especially if you're like me and play with a controller. Marker bomb ring almost makes it sound like the bomb can be used like a mine. I feel that's too niche to really care about. I'd recommend lock on bomb since you are focused on rifle. Rifle does have the fastest build up for markers.

Normal marker detonation behaviour: Your weapon action will hit a part when detonating, without any rings, you will detonate on this spot meaning you need clear LoS on where you are trying to detonate.

Lock-On Ring: The marker will detonate where you are locked on.

Marker Ring: The marker will detonate where it currently is (the place the marker is is wherever you hit last).

The way detonation work is that you use the weapon action charged, which does a certain attack -- if this attack hits an enemy with a mark, the mark will be detonated regardless of where you hit. The rings let you decide where you want it to detonate.

@Matt so lock on ring detonates in the exact spot your locked on but the other detonates it where the marker is at?

So if it detonates normally regardless of where the marker is what's the point of the rings.

@Knight-Raime It normally detonates where the Weapon Action hits regardless of where the Marker is, which means that if the enemy shifts its position, you might end up hitting an area that takes less damage (like Rockbear's arm instead of its head). The rings make it so you can make sure you know where the detonation is occurring to maximize damage.

If we use Rod WA as an example, Rod does a large cleave in front of you -- without any rings, whatever that cleave hits on the enemy is where the marker will detonate.

Marker Ring ignores the cleave entirely (and detonates where the enemy was hit last), and Lock-On also ignores the cleave, but detonates where you are locked on. The Lock-On ring is the most useful.

I think I understand. So basically you want lock on ring because you can direct the explosion to a weak point spot instead of a non weak point.

And you'd use the other ring to make the marker detonate where you hit last regardless of anything?

Which would be recommended for a controller user then still lock on?

@Knight-Raime Yes, Lock On is the better option. The other ring mostly has its uses if you were manually aiming in OTS mode, but you typically won't be with Phantom.