PSO2 NGS Closed Beta and System Specs Revealed

Its been announced that PSO2 JP will be having a Closed Beta for PSO2 NGS.

https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/

To summarize a bit, this Beta is only for PSO2 JP players and registration will be between December 15th to January 4th. There's no exact date for the Beta but it will be taking place between late January to late February. A second Beta will also be taking place but its date and registration period is not yet available.

In addition, we now have the specs that will be required for PSO2 and NGS following that release.

https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/spec/

(As NGS is an expansion to base PSO2, these requirements will also apply to regular PSO2)

OS

• Windows 8.1 64bit / Windows 10 64bit

CPU

• Minimum: Intel Core i5-9400

• Maximum: Intel Core i9-10900

Memory

• Minimum: 8GB RAM

• Medium / Maximum: 16GB RAM

Harddrive

• Approximately 100GB or more ("PSO2: NGS": approximately 30GB, "PSO2": approximately 70GB)

Video

• Minimum: 1280 x 720 dots or more

• Maximum: 1920x1080 dots

Graphics

• Requires DirectX 11 or higher

• Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 equivalent graphics card / AMD Radeon R9 285 equivalent graphics card

• Medium: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 580

• Maximum: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Sound

• There are no conditions for sound cards.

Internet

• Broadband environment (ADSL, optical fiber, etc.)

Keep in mind, these specs are also for PSO2's base game technically, since PSO2 will be using the same engine after NGS' release. My laptop just barely makes the Medium GPU/etc. requirements, with an NVIDIA 1060. I won't be able to buy a new machine for quite some time, however.

@coldreactive There's a note in the official page saying that the requirements are only for the beta and that the launch requirements will be different.

@Ezodagrom if that's the case I hope the final specs is significantly lower.

@Novus Indeed, especially the CPU.

Though, the GPU requirements, the 3 tiers are somewhat comparable to the consoles GPUs:

• Low - PS4
  • Medium - PS4 Pro
  • High - PS5

I hope it will support Windows 7.

@Weirdo unfortunately don't expect that, because Microsoft is not having support anymore to Windows 7 game companies cannot throw supports to systems that are not being upgraded anymore, the best you can do to have no issues is upgrade to windows 10 that has the same requirements of Windows 7 64 bits.

The closed beta system requirements have been updated to include the base PSO2 graphics update minimum requirements, which are mentioned to be able to play NGS at the minimum settings (tier 1), 720p, 15 fps 🤣.

https://new-gen.pso2.jp/cbt/entry/spec/

Second CBT may have changed the specs a bit.

[Necessary operating environment] NVIDIA GeForce® GT430 AMD Radeon™ HD5570 Or a graphics card of the same class or higher

[Low image quality] NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 950 equivalent graphics card AMD Radeon ™ R9 285 equivalent graphics card

[Medium image quality] NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 AMD Radeon™ RX 580

[Highest image quality] NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT

@MasterDarkwingz The low, medium and highest specs remained the same, they added the "necessary" specs as an extra, they're the same as the PSO2 graphics update minimum requirements, but there's a note saying that they're only enough for 720p, minimum settings and 15fps on NGS.