Some thoughts on current content.

Hello. Haven't been here in awhile, and fortunately for you all, I may not post as often as I used to. Anyway. With less time for things in general, I cannot put the effort I'd want on this game anyway. Still, I managed to do this and that and I'm rather pleased with what the game is giving catch up players and casuals like me.

First of all. The current events, handouts and all those things I'm getting with my limited time prove to me that by now, nobody should be too behind in gear. Everyone with a high level class or two should be able to tackle at least XH content efficiently and with power to spare. UH is still best left to those with the min maxed gear and the player skills and knowledge of their classes. It should be the goal for those wanting to get better at the game, but I feel XH is a good cap for casuals. So yes, everyone should be in XH, and yes, it's not the end of the world if you realize you can't do UH.

Gear-wise, I managed to upgrade all of my characters a little bit, with the plethora of current high tier gear and augments on offer. Heck I got my Su to over 200 PP and it's Ph sub is not even 70 yet! And what little I could do of the current Urgents has given me this or that rather good set of weapons with augment combos that can be just transferred as is without having to go through the hellish affixing process. Heck, the other day I got a weapon with 135 to melee and ranged, 145 to tech, some HP, 7 pp and points on all 3 defense stats, as a drop. Could be a good transfer for a wand or jet boots.

As for the content, there are a few fights out there that are challenging but not hard enough for slow thinking and slow reacting people like me. I enjoyed all EP6 fights so far in hardcore and managed to beat them all on the first try (though that last one took a bit of time). The new recommended mission (which should be made available always) has some interesting setups. The one where you go through planets and fight different upgraded bosses makes for great solo practice runs for up to XH, and good team runs on it's UH version.

As for the new type of enemy from the story... they give me this Star Fox 64 vibe. I feel I should be controlling an arwing and not a space mage when I encounter them. I'm also waiting for them to become more available to fight so I can complete my pet folders. Why? My lack of time prevents me from doing the current Urgent often enough to get them from there, and with my luck, I've obtained so far only an Aero and a Wanda, while my near maxed Jinga is holding his breath till turning blue waiting on that tasty 14 star upgrade... And the past ToT wasn't too friendly with me either as it only gave me a Melon and a Sally. So yeah. My Su is in need. At least finally I got a rykros staff.

As for the story itself, so far it's kinda meh simply because it does not have Pietro being bitten to death by his pets, and the current villain of the week, despite it's origins, was managed into a super generic villain trope that lost it's fun since the 60's. And the side story with the Ph dude was so cringe worthy to me that I'm seriously considering skipping the stuff altogether on future updates. It's not the worst thing I've seen, but certainly not a master piece either. Not that I was expecting too much anyway.

I think that's it from me for now. As a last thing I want to toss a public apology to @SeriPSO2 . I promised to send him a message to try to walk the path of explosions with him learn a bit more about affixing, but time and my shy nature got to me first. Still I can say I have learned a few crude basics on my own, so at least something was done, regardless.

To everyone else, cheers and have fun in the game. If anything, you can catch me on Ship 3 for very brief amounts of time as I try to pull together some dalies.

@ZorokiHanuke Good to see you again!

@ZorokiHanuke you can't show back up around the time I do.

It isn't allowed. >=(

@ZorokiHanuke

Ah I’ve been meaning to let you know, sorry I haven’t been on! New job, been crazy busy. I did level up though so I still hope we can catch each other sometime.

I honestly liked most of the story because some of my favorite characters got more screen time but I loathe the villains. Luther was a good villain, these guys are no Luther. I’m still anxious to see what happens next.

I was very grateful for the free gear because I can’t play often either, made me feel like I can still catch up.

And I love Etoile so so much.

I feel like Ultra Hard is exactly what this game needed. I enjoy party content a lot more than solo content and this adds so much variety to the higher difficulty party content. No longer is it like "Endless and Bewitched Woods-- except everyone is running Mother/PD triggers so good luck finding a party." And the 14-15 star spectrum seems a lot more balanced now, with many more weapons being viable between the two star ratings either as stepping stones or as cornerstones for specific builds. I think generally the game is at its best right now, and it promises to get better as Ep 6 goes on. Love this update.

Speaking of Summoner, if you need some pointers in getting things together I can help. Harmonizers aren't like other weapons so even 13 stars can be viable for different reasons. Like, Nemesis is my goto harmonizer outside of Rykros because of its PP reduction barrier (which doesn't go away when your pet takes hits for you). I'm still waiting to get a Rykros myself; need the prices to go down more and my RWB5s are all going to Novel Units.

@Milk Yeah. Welcome to the RL mini game. It's fun while it lasts. kek

@_Flux_ People are selling rwb5 rykross on the player market. As max 30 grind weapons, they aren't asking too much for it. Saw some on the realm of 15-20M (ship 3 prices) last time I checked. May lower their price if more people sell. This is a fair reduction from the 70-100M the dropped variants used to sell for, noting these are affix-less weapons so all you will be missing is 5 grinds on something that contributes a negligible tech atk amount anyway, and all you need is the initial 30 grinds for the full alt-ego megid effect anyway (unless I'm missing any extra bit of critical info).

I'm also amassing rwb5's after that initial rykross purchase, so I will also be going for those units eventually. For now, The one rainbow key I got gave me 3 13 star units. Two for arm and one leg if I remember correctly (meaning I couldn't wear all 3 on a single character). They had decent affixes so I'm using those for the time being.

And so in an update to this. Managed to do the armada thing twice. Fun fights. My first run (all three stages on UH) filled my pet collection folders and now I have a bunch of 14 star pets too... Vulcan is shaping up to be a total beast. Tried it (practicing solo somewhere else) without absolutely anything on it's sweets box and was already pulling 60K plus damage once in awhile through weak point crits. Also shiny Jinga is plain gorgeous. Can't wait for Japan to make these into real life pets with their superior science.

I then picked some of those legendary 15 star collection weapons. Not sure what these do, if they are a recipe for a later weapon or whatever, so I picked them in pairs (gold and silver variants) just in case. Anyway, I'm pleased that even with such little bursts of gameplay I can see some progress.

All in all, this seems to be the game for the gamer on the clock.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Some thoughts on current content.:

And so in an update to this. Managed to do the armada thing twice. Fun fights. My first run (all three stages on UH) filled my pet collection folders and now I have a bunch of 14 star pets too... Vulcan is shaping up to be a total beast. Tried it (practicing solo somewhere else) without absolutely anything on it's sweets box and was already pulling 60K plus damage once in awhile through weak point crits. Also shiny Jinga is plain gorgeous. Can't wait for Japan to make these into real life pets with their superior science.

I then picked some of those legendary 15 star collection weapons. Not sure what these do, if they are a recipe for a later weapon or whatever, so I picked them in pairs (gold and silver variants) just in case. Anyway, I'm pleased that even with such little bursts of gameplay I can see some progress.

All in all, this seems to be the game for the gamer on the clock.

Good to know Vulcan is a good pet, I got one recently! I want a Herbie(I think that’s the name) and shiny Melon. I’m lucky enough to be on for Christmas UQ most days, that’s the majority of my game time.

Btw sent you a mail on forum

@Milk If you want the pets you want quickly, I recommend doing the armada UQ, since a single event will fill a folder completely or get it near full. Done it 3 times already and managed to pull 2 stage 1s, 2 stage 2s and 1 stage 3 on a single run. That will fully fill the lumimech requirement and get you most or all the "all enemies" and the Urgent requirements. Just stick with the same party for the whole of it and make sure you have plenty of space to toss whatever drops you get, and some extra if the folder stuff drops as well (it usually spawns with the rest of the drops as white glow pick ups).

As for Vulcan, it requires patience and some discipline, as you have to be strict with chaining and waiting for the pet to finish it's (slow) attacks to maximize them. Otherwise, it has incredible damage reduction and hits like a truck.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Some thoughts on current content.:

@Milk If you want the pets you want quickly, I recommend doing the armada UQ, since a single event will fill a folder completely or get it near full. Done it 3 times already and managed to pull 2 stage 1s, 2 stage 2s and 1 stage 3 on a single run. That will fully fill the lumimech requirement and get you most or all the "all enemies" and the Urgent requirements. Just stick with the same party for the whole of it and make sure you have plenty of space to toss whatever drops you get, and some extra if the folder stuff drops as well (it usually spawns with the rest of the drops as white glow pick ups).

As for Vulcan, it requires patience and some discipline, as you have to be strict with chaining and waiting for the pet to finish it's (slow) attacks to maximize them. Otherwise, it has incredible damage reduction and hits like a truck.

Thanks for the tip! I haven’t been lucky enough to be on for that UQ yet but I’ll keep an eye on the schedule. Yeah I haven’t gotten to take poor Vulcan out for a spin yet, I just got the egg like “huh, neat”. Any ideas for a name? 😛

@Milk said in Some thoughts on current content.:

Any ideas for a name? 😛

It looks like a mix between a falspawn and a super saiyan... so, go from there?