Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!

I wish there was a chat command that made messages only appear above your head and not trigger text sound effects including the default message sound (and not in the chat log), that could make a lot of the non cut-in auto chats much more tolerable if used and not drown out actually useful messages. In fact for most of the auto chat options if that were to be a thing, that should be the only way people use it (like for Photon Arts/Techs for example).

@Riesz said in Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!:

I wish there was a chat command that made messages only appear above your head and not trigger text sound effects including the default message sound (and not in the chat log), that could make a lot of the non cut-in auto chats much more tolerable if used and not drown out actually useful messages. In fact for most of the auto chat options if that were to be a thing, that should be the only way people use it (like for Photon Arts/Techs for example).

I like that idea. I don’t mind people having their fun but the noises are really grating for me and I don’t like clutter in my chat in case someone is saying something important(which is rare but it does happen)

I think some of my own Auto chats are on the spammy side and wouldn't be surprised if people groaned when they saw them or even blacklisted me, but one day I met someone outside of my party who thought it was a good idea to /a chat with cut ins stuff that can go off constantly like being healed, etc.

The only people I've really ever blocked are bots, and this guy's messages were coming out perhaps even more rapid than a bot's with cut ins included, never did I block someone so fast. And big surprise that this person also played a cast with the goal of taking the most screen space as possible.

@_Flux_ said in Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!:

The frequency of some autochats could be toned down to help with this situation. Like maybe give them a 35% chance to happen in their conditions instead of a 100% chance. Or allow you to customize.

This. Holy cow, this would solve everything. I'd actually use some flavour autochats if I could make them like 0.5% rate, or maybe like 20% for less common stuff like dark blasts.

As it is I literally only use the for incapacitation and revival as a quick call for attention, because anything else gets spammed way too much.

@Vashzaron I ran into a similar situation while my alliance was setting up a Persona trigger, we filled the last spot with a random player, and holy crap that was a big mistake.

This person had an autochat for basically everything, and a majority of them were cut-ins, I wasn't the only one complaining about that one, everyone in the instance couldn't stand this person due to the extreme autochat cut-ins. Someone in the run had to stop using healing and buff abilities for a while because of the cut-in spam.

Certain autochats should never have a cut-in set to them, like things that get triggered repeatedly. If the autochat is triggered once or twice per quest, its not so bad to use a cut-in, as long as you also set it to the right channel, to avoid unnecessary screen clutter outside of your own party.

@Matt as i'm sure you've noticed by now, that only stops them from clogging up your chat log, you will still see them displayed in all their spam glory on the field, which is the primary problem.

The only way to completely stop them showing is to block the spammer, then it's just fully silent, and true peace is attained.

@VanillaLucia Sadly, autochats such as those would be a necessary compromise in the name of user control :(.

Even the ability to simply disable cut-ins would be nice. I don't know why cut-ins even exist. The still cut-ins in PSU were at least aesthetically pleasing. Here, with the models just jumping around, mouth yapping like a fish, model constantly tilting and darting in/out of the camera because it's not even tracking correctly, it's way more distracting and doesn't even look good.

Man, though, I didn't realize so many people blocked even basic bitch text auto-chats (no sound or anything). Guess the tolerance is lower than I thought. Shame though, because I love the feature and use it a ton.

@Astral-Lettie said in Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!:

@Matt as i'm sure you've noticed by now, that only stops them from clogging up your chat log, you will still see them displayed in all their spam glory on the field, which is the primary problem.

The only way to completely stop them showing is to block the spammer, then it's just fully silent, and true peace is attained.

You don't, that option disables them entirely.

I have never seen an autochat while on Global.

The option you are referring to is right above:

alt text

It sucks having to disable autochat completely just because spammers. I'd say, report everyone who uses it to spam. I complained to someone the other day, wouldn't stop so I kicked him from the party, so he changed all his autochat from party to area to join the MPA and keep annoying me.

How you gonna report a player for using a feature that the game provides? Just block them.

I personally like the auto chat and I'm usually so lazer focused on what I'm doing that they don't bother me much. That said I know other people find it annoying so I think I have one thing set to autochat and that's when I dodge a large attack. I turned everything else off. I think without the autochat it would estrange us even more. Just a bunch of silent people staring at each other, no thank you's for a job well done, or a quick thanks for a heal in battle when it's definitly counterproductive to type. Autochats let people express themselves and I'm far more likely to enjoy a run with someone who seems funny/pleasent than with a bunch of silent people. To each their own I suppose.

"Like I said before, if you don't like my autochats, stay out of my parties."

@LazerRay said in Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!:

@Riesz That is why I limited my use of autochats and their channels, espesally the cut-ins, so is to not spam everyone.

@Milk Like I said before, if you don't like my autochats, stay out of my parties.

Here is a list of the autochats I use with their channels and cut-ins:

• E-Code Failed = Party (cut-in)
  • PSE Burst = Area (cut-in)
  • Incapacitated = Area
  • Revived = Area
  • Below 10% HP = Area
  • Photon Blast = Party (cut-in)
  • Dark-Blast = Party (cut-in)

None of these trigger that often during quests, yet I keep running into people who seem to have just about every autochat with a cut-in.

"Here is a list of the autochats I use with their channels and cut-ins:"

You legit sound like a a middle aged woman posting minion memes on facebook DONT LIKE WHAT I POST UNFRIEND ME. I'm happy i'm in an alliance where we talk to members about excessive cut ins and auto chats.

Not to disparage your preferences but if that's excessive, then I'm not sure what you'd consider moderate or acceptable. I mean, his auto-chats barely happen unless he happens to die a lot, from the description of it. If you want total silence, you can always just turn the feature off.

@Vexation said in Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!:

How you gonna report a player for using a feature that the game provides? Just block them.

I personally like the auto chat and I'm usually so lazer focused on what I'm doing that they don't bother me much. That said I know other people find it annoying so I think I have one thing set to autochat and that's when I dodge a large attack. I turned everything else off. I think without the autochat it would estrange us even more. Just a bunch of silent people staring at each other, no thank you's for a job well done, or a quick thanks for a heal in battle when it's definitly counterproductive to type. Autochats let people express themselves and I'm far more likely to enjoy a run with someone who seems funny/pleasent than with a bunch of silent people. To each their own I suppose.

I get where you’re coming from but I personally find autochat even more isolating. It feels like I’m in a party with AIs. I know it’s not possible to chat in the middle of a fight so I don’t get annoyed by most autochat but it’s nothing like a legitimate friendly hello or job well done. I’ve found that people will stay silent but if someone pipes up with a greeting then it opens the floor to chatter while we wait for UQ full group or we pick up loot. A funny autochat might get a chuckle out of me and there have been some good ones, I would still prefer someone saying “hi”.

@Vexation said in Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!:

Yeah, kicking from party is also a game feature that can be used for harassing.

Like, Idk, kicking you right before the boss dies.

Only issue i see with autochat is how you can tie them to literally everything. Only thing auto chat should be tied to is important events like dying an asking for resz. But the fact that we can tie them to everything and anything is just annoying. It why I'll never let someone be lead in my party on UQ. I will kick anyone in my party with spammy auto chats cause it extremely annoying. Just last UQ I had to kick someone during holiday UQ cause this. Any event started their auto would go off with cut in an togo sound saying "I'll bury this one on my own" an after the encounter again "Time find my next victim" again annoying cut in and togo sound.