Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!

It has been several times I have been in an instance where various players set up spammy autochat cut-ins.

The autochat triggers they use are E-Code Start, E-Code Complete, PSE Start, PSE Level Up, Getting Buffed, Getting Healed, Getting Incapacitated, and Getting Revived. Not only that, they use bland phrases, very poor grammar/spelling, or their character is butt ugly. The worst part is that all these autochats are set to area chat instead of party chat.

I myself use autochat cut-ins, but they are set to PSE Burst, Dark-Blast, Photon Blast, and E-Code Failed, and only PSE Burst is set to area chat, the other 3 are set to party chat. I have a few other autochats, but they only use basic chat bubbles with emotes, and again nothing that gets triggered too often.

Can we have better tutorials on how to set up autochats and include a list of proper tips to avoid spamming players to no end with this system, autochat can be fun to use to set up character personality or provide useful info when an E-Code comes up, but please limit the use of cut-ins and chat bubble types.

No matter how much discouragement the game gives, you'll still have players who'll apply as much effects as they can to their autochats because they think it's cool or they're intentionally doing it to annoy others. Disabling cut-ins in autochat would help a lot. I'd love to see a setting to disable cut-ins from autochats from other players that doesn't disable autochats completely, because they have their uses.

@LazerRay said in Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!:

I myself use autochat cut-ins, but they are set to PSE Burst, Dark-Blast, Photon Blast, and E-Code Failed, and only PSE Burst is set to area chat, the other 3 are set to party chat. I have a few other autochats, but they only use basic chat bubbles with emotes, and again nothing that gets triggered too often.

People have different tolerances, and I personally would find this annoying already and would not want to call someone's avatar as partner for FUN points. To me, anything beyond a greeting at the beginning and a message when completing a mission is unnecessary.

So while you advocate to stop people from spamming, some people would find you to be spammy.

The frequency of some autochats could be toned down to help with this situation. Like maybe give them a 35% chance to happen in their conditions instead of a 100% chance. Or allow you to customize. I happen to like seeing other people's autochats, but dislike the frequency so a slider to control how often they trigger would let everyone tweak things to their ideal.

@_Flux_ I am curious if this would affect the more "functional" auto-chat commands. For instance on my end, I have some characters I have done goofy things with where using a Photon Blast or a Dark Blast uses the "/mf#" command so their outfits change. Or in some cases I have a fashion set/item set that starts when a quest begins and changes back when the quest is completed. But I would be for a slider or a setting of some sort that sets the frequency of the text auto-chat as I have often been in situations where attempting to coordinate something (like through a Buster Quest) gets messy because players have to sift through auto-words of players announcing their actions or having speech on taking damage/going down that I can't tell tell the person on the other side of the map to take out their laser towers that spawned by them.

I have definitely had situations as well where I was able to completely misjudge visual timings (such as Omega Masquerade's spin-slash) because of the cut-ins and auto-chat flooding the screen as well from other players during the Christmas event which I find to be highly inconvenient.

I would love the ability to disable cut-ins completely as it's really just wasted space on the screen. Until then, I just temporarily blacklist people who CI too much. Especially ones with cringe AWs.

I think some of them are funny but they’re really distracting. I believe I have two. I say “Thank you” when revived and if we lose I say “Welp we tried, gg anyway guys”

It was funny because my character said it after we lost a mini event in the Christmas UQ. I think we didn’t find Joker or something. I wasn’t expecting it at all.

It got to a point i just straight up start blocking people with overly spammy chats, gets old really fast. i can't very well tell them "hey, could you stop being an annoying prick with those?" The worse ones by far (outside of just commonly used attacks which is always annoying) are the rare drops, since we can't choose which is determined as 'rare drop" they just go off whenever you get anything past 7 stars.

I have no idea why people feel they need auto chats going off every 2-3 seconds for overly common things. but at the same time, SEGA gave people this ability with little control for everyone else suffering from them. so, hard to pin the full blame on either side.

Thank goodness I never bothered with cut ins. At the beginning and end is fine, but not every single autochat slot needs one.

@HarmlessSyan Did you even take a look at the cut-ins I'm using and what they are set to, the four triggers I listed only fire off once or twice per quest, and only one of them is set to the area channel (PSE Burst), the other three are on the party channel. None of my other autochats use cut-ins, they just use basic chat bubbles with emotes, and again nothing that gets triggered a lot, also most are set to the party channel. And if you still consider my autochats too spammy, then just don't join my parties, plain and simple.

At least everyone else is agreeing with me and the autochat cut-ins are getting way out of hand, especially during event based UQs that use the E-Code system or on things that get triggered frequently.

Maybe having an easy to find public list of all the autochat triggers and how frequently they go off would be helpful in these kinds of situations.

If anyone is on ship 4 and hangs out in block 1, you might have seen me during quests, I use a mix of machine references (I run a CAST) and pop-culture phrases in my autochats, especially if you wound up in a random party with me during a UQ. I don't use the E-Code Start or E-Code Complete autochat triggers since they go off too frequntly for me and since I see my own autochats, I use this rule of thumb "If its too spammy for me, then its too spammy for everyone else".

I have no issues with the auto chats unless they trigger like every 5 seconds and/or tell you nothing as to what os triggering them (including irrelevant symbol arts). I've seen people set every single auto chat to random characters in order to get all the send messages x times titles.

I'd say for the most point only set ones with helpful info. Like low hp warnings so people know when to heal you, giving coordinates for the cell of an Emergency Code, telling people you're downed (I know there's an indicator but sometimes it can be hard to notice downed people still) maybe thanking people for reviving you stuff like that.

You can just turn all autowords off. Generally, if something is important, people will use a shortcut word instead.

Go to Options → Game Settings → Chat Settings and you will find a category called "Display Auto Chat from Other Users", and you can choose to enable/disable autochats for events, members and actions.

alt text

@LazerRay

The point is what you find acceptable is just as annoying to other people. You find a certain amount or type of autochat annoying where there are people that find all of it annoying, including yours. That’s not to say you’re doing anything wrong or annoying, it’s just preference.

@Riesz That is why I limited my use of autochats and their channels, espesally the cut-ins, so is to not spam everyone.

@Milk Like I said before, if you don't like my autochats, stay out of my parties.

Here is a list of the autochats I use with their channels and cut-ins:

• E-Code Failed = Party (cut-in)
  • PSE Burst = Area (cut-in)
  • Incapacitated = Area
  • Revived = Area
  • Below 10% HP = Area
  • Photon Blast = Party (cut-in)
  • Dark-Blast = Party (cut-in)

None of these trigger that often during quests, yet I keep running into people who seem to have just about every autochat with a cut-in.

@LazerRay said in Extremely spammy autochat cut-ins!:

@Milk Like I said before, if you don't like my autochats, stay out of my parties.

Here is a list of the autochats I use with their channels and cut-ins:

• E-Code Failed = Party (cut-in)
  • PSE Burst = Area (cut-in)
  • Incapacitated = Area
  • Revived = Area
  • Below 10% HP = Area
  • Photon Blast = Party (cut-in)
  • Dark-Blast = Party (cut-in)

None of these trigger that often during quests, yet I keep running into people who seem to have just about every autochat with a cut-in.

People can’t tell that you use autochat until they’re already in your party. I use for greeting a new party, a failed mission and if I’m incapacitated. Three things and there are still players that will find that too many. Some people can’t get enough of it, others hate all of it and everything inbetween.