Getting your info properly

I used to go to the visiphone wiki a lot for info about the game. But recently I've been going to the official pso2 japanese wiki (pso2m.swiki.jp) and have google translate it for me.

It's kinda broken but the information, drops, etc is more detailed and reliable than rumors of players and wrongly translated things.

If someone didn't know about the official wiki, I hope it helped.

For example, it was specially helpful for me when I was planning my unit affixes and in the special ability list on the swiki, there's a *weapons only text

Thanks for the link!

Just a note, it isn't "official" (ie. created and maintained by the devs); it is still a community-based wiki, so a lot of the info there is based on research rather than just being straight gospel, but it is pretty much the de facto source of info for the JP community, so it is always as up to date as possible thanks to that community effort.

However, I do caution using the drop info there if you are playing Global since a lot of the drop tables were greatly modified from the JP version.

@AndrlCh said in Getting your info properly:

However, I do caution using the drop info there if you are playing Global since a lot of the drop tables were greatly modified from the JP version.

They're not actually modified for the most part, just the wiki hasn't been updated. I've confirmed almost everything on global is on JP except for elder rifle-NT and such, and that new 14* series we got 2 weeks ago.

But yes they tend to have incorrect info sometimes, recently when Easter 2020 happened they had Exquisite Frenzy Parfait listed which wasn't even a parfait in the datamined information.

@AndrlCh Yes, you are right about the official part and some of the drop info.

But I guess I personally find it more useful thanks to how the community organized everything. For example, you can find a list of potentials and every potential has a list of weapons with a working link for said weapon.

Each weapon has also an in-game screenshot with a character and a holo of it with detailed information about it + comments of players.

I guess it's more similar to what you look for on a traditional wiki and sometimes I feel like the lack of maintenance compared to this one is that most of the hardcore contributing players of the community just go to swiki instead of other places.

Or maybe the NA playerbase is not as big? I don't really know :3