Rare Drop Koi Koi song is in Japanese when using the dub for the Christmas UQ

Basically what the title says

I have a feeling this is intentional.

They probably didn't have time/budget to hire English singers to dub a new version

Mine is the English version, I listen in JP. @Eternal-022 the song is already translated/dubbed from the 'We are ARKs-Rare Drop Koi-Koi' concert.

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Rare Drop Koi Koi song is in Japanese when using the dub for the Christmas UQ:

Mine is the English version, I listen in JP.

By this do you mean if using the original JP audio it is in English instead? Meaning they swapped it around? lol

Or am I misunderstanding.

I think this might be a different version of the song since it cuts out the rap part and only has female vocals.

@Vashzaron With the JP audio I have the English voices.

@Vashzaron Rare Drop Koi Koi has 3 versions, the one that was translated is the concert but the one that plays in the UQ is the Christmas version, they probably didn't record it this version so that's why the one that plays is the original version

rare drop koikoi in Xmas UQ > vocal phantasic QM (Quna & Matoii)81R7qlvlKoL.AC_SL1000.jpg

title > レアドロ☆KOI☆こい!ワンモア! (Phantasic QM Ver)

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Rare Drop Koi Koi song is in Japanese when using the dub for the Christmas UQ:

Mine is the English version, I listen in JP. @Eternal-022 the song is already translated/dubbed from the 'We are ARKs-Rare Drop Koi-Koi' concert.

The English version of Xmas Koi Koi does not exist in the game data files. I've been searching them every update. You probably are thinking of the concert version.

@redBadger22 There's a lot more English in this version than I remember from the concert version, I think that confused me.

Right now I think

@Eternal-022 said in Rare Drop Koi Koi song is in Japanese when using the dub for the Christmas UQ:

They probably didn't have time/budget to hire English singers to dub a new version

is correct. Probably more so because it was specifically to be Quna and Matoi.

It's just a Christmas song event that won't last for too long but I think this could set a bad precedent.