Lockboxes are coming.

well this sucks now i know why i dont find it on the belgium store it has lootboxes they are banned in my country wtf is this it is 2020 like lootboxes are nothing go battle pass atleast every county can play then bless unchained has the same shit lottboxes or somehting cant find that game too fun wait for years to play this to only find out i cant even get it

@Watchfall1807 that might be why it hasn't officially released in the EU. They would have to change elements of the game to get rid of the gambling.

@Leonkh99 said in Lockboxes are coming.:

@Dragux , also keep in mind... Microsoft merely financed the release. Mission Pass, Fresh Finds, etc are all implemented and designed by the same JP team who run the Japanese version.

Find me the exact post where the JP team has that implimented and i will eat all my words... because In all the years playing PSO2 on the japanese servers there were not a single Mission pass system implimented. only Events (cross over mission characters / Mobile game daily log ins) and time AC/SC tickets.

@Dragux said in Lockboxes are coming.:

@Leonkh99 said in Lockboxes are coming.:

@Dragux , also keep in mind... Microsoft merely financed the release. Mission Pass, Fresh Finds, etc are all implemented and designed by the same JP team who run the Japanese version.

Find me the exact post where the JP team has that implimented and i will eat all my words... because In all the years playing PSO2 on the japanese servers there were not a single Mission pass system implimented. only Events (cross over mission characters / Mobile game daily log ins) and time AC/SC tickets.

The JP team is in charge of development on the NA release. They implemented that feature exclusively on the NA version, not the JP version. They are making content that is exclusive to the NA release.

It won't be a post, if it were SEGA would be more transparent and it would be common knowledge.

For starters, all International versions of past Phantasy Star games had some internal development happened. In the case of Phantasy Star Online 2, it was revealed that features exclusive to past international versions like the South East Asia and Taiwan version were in fact, implemented by SEGA... publishing an online game is not as simple as giving the new region's publisher the entire source code and letting them do as they please...

Now as for NA, there's evidence that SEGA JP is heavily involved if not the ones running the whole show... the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy are SEGA of Japan (SEGA Games') as opposed to SEGA West (SEGA of America or SEGA Europe). The game's digital publisher (the one who supplies updates) is listed as none other than... SEGA Games. Servers are run directly by SEGA of Japan using the Microsoft Azure cloud platform to host the servers outside of Japan, this is indicated to in here: https://www.gamebusiness.jp/article/2019/07/22/15987.html

Things like the Community Team and Localization have been outsourced... Community Team (GMs, Social Media, Forums, Website, Customer Support) have been outsourced to ESTsoft (check the game's credits) who will be referred to as the "PSO2 Team" in public posts. Localization has been outsourced to a team of freelancers and Lionbridge Technologies. These two companies as well as SEGA of America and SEGA Europe (who don't have quite as many roles listed on them) have been added to the North American version's credits... Microsoft wasn't.

Lastly and this is more on the technical side (and fair disclosure, this information comes from others who have taken the game client apart)... whenever a new feature was developed for international versions of the game, portions of that feature would appear on the Japanese version's source code and files as all versions of PSO2, the JP version has files referencing features found in the SEA and Taiwan version. With the release of NA, the JP version's patch now contains references to NA's new features... including the Mission Pass. The text referencing the Mission Pass even appears in Japanese on the JP client, the only thing is the feature is not made 'active' on that version as its an NA feature (NA also has dual language text support so all text referencing new features need a Japanese equivalent at least).

Hope that gets some things out of the way.

what mission passes are you speaking of? they have several in PSO2JP and none of them are pay. all of them are rewards over time or for completing other things. some are even for just logging in. unless Microsoft demands a pay version you will never see such a thing within PSO2, they are not in PSO2JP, they aren't in the PSO2 S.E. Asia English version either. I think you are worried about something that won't happen.