Lockboxes are coming.

Lockboxes are in the game now?

The game already has "Lockboxes" in the form of "Scratch Cards." IE: AC Scratch and FUN Scratch.

Yes AC scratch cards are lootboxes.

And it begins... you will never find weapons or units inside the scratch. you do not need to play the scratch to enjoy the game. I played the Japanese servers for 8 years and I never felt the need to pay money towards these scratches. What you get from them are typically just cosmetics and costumes. Occasionally there's an item that will help with something like a fixing or change a weapons element, but you never get a weapon itself from these scratches

@PrinceBrightstar said in Lockboxes are coming.:

And it begins... you will never find weapons or units inside the scratch. you do not need to play the scratch to enjoy the game. I played the Japanese servers for 8 years and I never felt the need to pay money towards these scratches. What you get from them are typically just cosmetics and costumes. Occasionally there's an item that will help with something like a fixing or change a weapons element, but you never get a weapon itself from these scratches

problem is, this isn't the japanese version AT ALL- It has changed the moment they introduced mission pass and the game pass rewards system.

@Dragux said in Lockboxes are coming.:

@PrinceBrightstar said in Lockboxes are coming.:

problem is, this isn't the japanese version AT ALL- It has changed the moment they introduced mission pass and the game pass rewards system.

And it's still not anything pay to win or needed. Mission Pass contains old things that were probably just from scratch or whatever. Game Pass Rewards is Xbox rewarding their loyal fanbase like a company should

The last thing I hope to see in the game are a bunch of non pso fans whining about the ac scratch. Noting in this game is pay to win as you are not competing with anyone other than yourself. If you want the pass buy it. if you do not do not. No need to start that stuff here. That said i did buy some new ac cards and got some nice pieces for my room.

You don't buy gear / weapons with unfair power or character levels with money, it's not Pay to Win. It's very much Pay for Convenience.

I never said it was pay to win, i just am tired of the battle pass mechanic being SHOVED IN OUR FACES (See just about any game that has come out in the past three years), at least in the Japanese version we had scratch tickets sure, but then at least it wasn't plastered saying "Hey for extra 5$ you can skip this many tiers".

That's why i will never understand it, at least with the AC/SC scratch mechanics (yes it was RNG) but at least it was not literally the only way to get things, from what people have been showing the items are locked to your account in the mission pass and the rewards for game pass.

edit: -Yes i know we can still earn things via scratching (and market from that), there will be people saying then why buy them? because already this mechanic was in place as the money, Premium for that and scratching the AC's, SC/Fun were a secondary to them all. It just feels like this is adding another layer to something that is completely unnecessary to a game that's already been established for the past 8 years and hasn't changed that method.

Unless microsoft wants to bring the Phone game over as well, may as well toss in that too.

Most of the mission pass rewards are trash, anyways.

This season is all the cast parts that plagued AC scratches for years.

Sure, the 100% triboosts are nice I guess, but nothing about the battle pass provides any kind of edge at all.

The items aren't even tradable.

I was bouncing off of what PrinceBrightstar was saying generally when people start talking about lootboxes. @Dragux

Anyway, hopefully we see some more desirable stuff in the Mission Pass. If it's the items that players aren't interested in, I can see this eventually being something players avoid. Anything below 150% boosts are just a waste.

@AnamanaAU yup.

Could use some meseta gaining options.

Rarity 12 and higher items cost so much money to affix yet there is no meseta in the economy hardly at the moment.

Mission passes are shoved in our faces because they work and are successful. Just so happens that it isn't as appealing right now.

@Dragux , also keep in mind... Microsoft merely financed the release. Mission Pass, Fresh Finds, etc are all implemented and designed by the same JP team who run the Japanese version.